We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question "The Bard" Yule Fesitval Title

I have 8 toons that have done all the Frostbluff Theater quests, including the 7 deeds needed to get The Bard title (Tier 3 fruit & flowers, Extra, Protagonist, Villain, Star of the Show, and Laughingstock). However, 3 of my toons did not get The Bard title. Any idea of what went wrong?

I'm suspecting it may have something to do with the writs that end up in your inventory, but I'm not sure. If so, is there any way to tell which writs you've applied? The thought of spending festival tokens on writs I already have annoys me greatly.

TIA

Go to Character Panel, Tittles, Social .

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by Travler View Post
    I have 8 toons that have done all the Frostbluff Theater quests, including the 7 deeds needed to get The Bard title (Tier 3 fruit & flowers, Extra, Protagonist, Villain, Star of the Show, and Laughingstock). However, 3 of my toons did not get The Bard title. Any idea of what went wrong?
    Have the same problema in some of my toons.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Go to Character Panel, Tittles, Social .
    Thanks, YamydeAragon. However, it isn't a case of being unable to find the title. The problem is they are not granted the title in the first place.

Did the characters receive (not buy) the Thespian title? It is required for the Bard title.

Seems like this bug isn't fixed yet.

Greetings, Polymachos

Exclamation

Thanks, YamydeAragon. However, it isn't a case of being unable to find the title. The problem is they are not granted the title in the first place.
    I understood you the 1st time. Still same thing, write the tittle on search, if nothing show, where i said 1st, then you have to barter it. I thought 1st time that i didnt have to explain to use that you must use search.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

I have not been able to get title on any of my new characters myself, all my character form years before have it.

Might simply be bugged, or they changed requirements. Or they simply need to be earned inside theater and not bought for 10tokens.
    Capcom Stalker...
    English is not my 1st Language... So shhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    I understood you the 1st time. Still same thing, write the tittle on search, if nothing show, where i said 1st, then you have to barter it. I thought 1st time that i didnt have to explain to use that you must use search.
    I guess I'm not understanding what you're trying to say. Despite having all the pre-req deeds recorded in my Social panel that are needed for The Bard title, The Bard does not show up. It does not appear that The Bard is a title you can barter for since the Concessions NPC does not sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie67 View Post
    I have not been able to get title on any of my new characters myself, all my character form years before have it.

Might simply be bugged, or they changed requirements. Or they simply need to be earned inside theater and not bought for 10tokens.
    At least I know it isn't just me!

I should clarify that all 8 of my toons 'earned' the pre-req deeds and did NOT buy them.

I suppose I could start buying the writs again, one at a time, and see if one triggers The Bard title. But, it steams me to have to burn 10 tokens each on an experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie67 View Post
    I should also mention that I earned The Bard just fine on the toon I started a couple months ago. The 3 that don't have it are 3 that I created when the game went live. Go figure.

I just found this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Bard-not-fixed

The 3rd post may have some relevant information as to what the problem may be.

Now, I'm wracking my brain trying to remember if I bought or earned Thespian on these older toons...

I just found this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Bard-not-fixed

The 3rd post may have some relevant information as to what the problem may be.

Now, I'm wracking my brain trying to remember if I bought or earned Thespian on these older toons...
    I think the post in the other thread is correct, if you purchase the Thespian title writ, the deed when the 3 titles are completed not appear and the bard deed not appear neither.

But its easy to check if you got the thespian deed from the purchased title writ or automatically when the other stage titles are completed. The deed title & text are different.

Deed title: "Thespian", is from the title writ.

Deed title: "Thespain (3 of 3)", is from playing the 3 roles at the stage.

I think you get the Bard title only with the 3 of 3 deed, and if you had previously purchased thespian title and get the deed without the 3 of 3, the bard title is not granted.

I got the Bard title yesterday on a character that purchased both Thespian and Extra.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 113 WDN :.: Daire, 85 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 93 CHN :.: Brandon, 75 CPT :.: Honey, 72 GRD :.: Griffon, 70 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 73 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 58 WDN :.: Baye, 61 WDN :.: Samtal, 65 WDN :.:Dunnock, 57 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 69 LMR :.: Breyon, 45 CHN :.: Totes, 113 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    I got the Bard title yesterday on a character that purchased both Thespian and Extra.
    In your deed log there are two thespian deeds? The "thespian" one and the "thespian (3 of 3) one?

In my main ive both and the bard title, not sure in which order i purchased the writ title, before or after the "3 of 3" deed...

Ive a character with all the pre-requisite deeds, but only "thespian" deed (not the "3 of 3" one, it never appeared) and NO bard title...

Thanks for the input, Olgomil. I think you're on to something.

I just audited all 8 of my toons and found the following:
    4 have both Thespian deeds and the Bard title.
    1 has only the 3 of 3 Thespian deed and the Bard title.
    3 have the "regular" Thespian title and do NOT have the Bard title.

Furthermore, these 3 have an oddity about one of their deeds that make up the Thespian deed. Each of them has one completed deed that does not have the purple seal with "name, title" in it. For instance, my minstrel, Canlaer, has the Extra deed which states, "Canlaer, Extra" and the Protagonist deed which states "Canlaer, Protagonist". However, his Villain deed simply has the "5 Turbine Points" and does NOT say "Canlaer, Villain". My other two toons which do not have the Bard title have the same thing, only for them the deed without the purple seal is the Protagonist.

After discovering this, I had the good fortune to play the Protagonist on one of these two toons. Upon finishing, and opening the gift box and applying the writ, nothing changed; the Protagonist deed still has no purple seal. As a last ditch effort, I then spent 10 tokens at the Concession stand for the Protagonist writ. Applying it also had no effect.

Therefore, if you have a toon that does not have the Bard title, look through the 3 pre-req deeds (Extra, Protagonist, Villain) and see if they all have the purple seal. I don't know what you can do about it, but at least you'll have an idea of where the problem lies.

At this point, I don't know of anything else to try. I suppose I'll open a ticket with this information and see what happens.

Thanks for the input, Olgomil. I think you're on to something.

I just audited all 8 of my toons and found the following:
    4 have both Thespian deeds and the Bard title.
    1 has only the 3 of 3 Thespian deed and the Bard title.
    3 have the "regular" Thespian title and do NOT have the Bard title.

Furthermore, these 3 have an oddity about one of their deeds that make up the Thespian deed. Each of them has one completed deed that does not have the purple seal with "name, title" in it. For instance, my minstrel, Canlaer, has the Extra deed which states, "Canlaer, Extra" and the Protagonist deed which states "Canlaer, Protagonist". However, his Villain deed simply has the "5 Turbine Points" and does NOT say "Canlaer, Villain". My other two toons which do not have the Bard title have the same thing, only for them the deed without the purple seal is the Protagonist.

After discovering this, I had the good fortune to play the Protagonist on one of these two toons. Upon finishing, and opening the gift box and applying the writ, nothing changed; the Protagonist deed still has no purple seal. As a last ditch effort, I then spent 10 tokens at the Concession stand for the Protagonist writ. Applying it also had no effect.

Therefore, if you have a toon that does not have the Bard title, look through the 3 pre-req deeds (Extra, Protagonist, Villain) and see if they all have the purple seal. I don't know what you can do about it, but at least you'll have an idea of where the problem lies.

At this point, I don't know of anything else to try. I suppose I'll open a ticket with this information and see what happens.
    I had the same problem as according to the GM, my "Villain" deed was set to "Failed" even tho i've peformed the role several times. The deed is completed in my Deed log and i've got the title however in the Deed it only says i've earned the turbine points and no title.

According to the GM, the only thing that i could do was to post a bug report and try again.
    "When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon—and we had to share the rock!"