We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Does order of completion of Epic Quests matter?

So I'm not done the Vol. I epic quests yet, and still I also was granted the Vol. II prologue quests. I'm at level 51 too, so ready for my first L/W.

My question is, if I go ahead with the Vol. II quests up to Weapon of the Eldar Days for my L/W, will it mess up my ability to go back and finish Vol. I quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Strovolas View Post
    So I'm not done the Vol. I epic quests yet, and still I also was granted the Vol. II prologue quests. I'm at level 51 too, so ready for my first L/W.

My question is, if I go ahead with the Vol. II quests up to Weapon of the Eldar Days for my L/W, will it mess up my ability to go back and finish Vol. I quests?
    Nope, not at all. As a matter of fact, I am working on this with my 4 toons at the moment.

This is what I did.

1) Volume 1, stopped at volume 1 book 14 chapter 15 [50] Instance: The Doom of the North. Wanted to get my Legendary first before I went any further.

2) Then started doing volume 2 book 1 until [50] Chapter 12: Forged Anew, got my Legendary and stopped.

3) Went back to volume 1 and started at book 14 chapter 15 [50] Instance: The Doom of the North and completed volume 1 completely.

Glad I did this. It was awesome.

Have fun.
    Last edited by Linathrial; Nov 01 2013 at 08:44 AM.

Cool, thanks for confirming!

Quote Originally Posted by Strovolas View Post
    Cool, thanks for confirming!

Googling LOTRO + whatever you wish to know

usually gets you a good source for information on almost any aspect of the game. It can be a nice blog (be sure to check date published, things change over time), forums (same there) or wiki (99% up to date on any topic you're likely to currently need to get info on).

In this case http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Epic_Quests epics.

If you click into a particular epic quest-line, you can see what is a Quest Chain and where it starts. The quest chains must be completed in order to get to the end of that particular bit but there's no problem running a different bit of epic while leaving one older or newer quest chain.

I would also like to point out that the final book in Vol. I offers legendary xp. So it would be a good idea to get your legendary item in Vol. II first, get the quest to level it up ten levels, then jump back to Vol. I to level it up quickly.

It matters for some books & for others doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    It matters for some books & for others doesn't.
    In what way?
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.