We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

After Character Selection it crashes

I can get to the character selection screen without any issues at all and as soon as i pick a character it tries loading and after the loading screen is about done the game will just crash. I don't understand this
    so if you could hook me up with an answer to my problem and how it happens if possible that would be awesome thanks

I've got a similar problem. I can login without any problems. Selecting my character works too, but the actual loading doesn't work anymore. I get the message:
    Lost connection to server.

I only get the option to quit. Clicking that button only makes the button disappear, but nothing else happens. I have to close the client through the taskmanager.

I've just come back from a two-week holiday and updated the client to the latest version (11.4) automatically.

I run Windows 8, 32-bit version.

I really hope this problem will be solved soon!

ETA: Okay, I've tried to login with all my accounts (Yep, I'm an altoholic and free player..... needed several accounts :grin: ). There are exactly 2 accounts with which I can't get passed the character selection:
    1 account with a character below level 10
    1 account with 2 characters at level 35 and 1 level 16.

With the level 16 character I CAN get passed the character selection and do everything in the game. With the two level 35 characters on that same account I CAN'T get passed the character selection.

Both level 35 character have aided the bounders in their bounty hunt. The level 16 hasn't. I don't remember if the level 10 character has aided the bounders. I don't know if that's relevant?

With another account with a level 7 character I could login without any problems.
    Last edited by Shriya; Oct 01 2013 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Added information
    Country: Netherlands, Current Server: Nimrodel. Future server: Landroval
    Sheherezi's an Eastemnet Cook & Farmer

Got it to work cause I have the same problem No info from Turbine support here it seems.

Sounds like a client connection issue. Look at the sticky from above
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ated-8-12-2010

If you get the exceptions configured correctly, this should all go away.

If you have one that will and one that won't, usually it's going to be a port issue, or, less often, you may have to wait until the server figures out you aren't still online.

With a port issue, you will initially want to work through the sticky, then turn everything off, then turn your modem/router/computer back on in that order, letting each cycle through completely before turning the next one on.
    Last edited by EmyrSelyf; Nov 03 2013 at 01:52 PM.