We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Character Can not be loaded...Saving

I was in the Wildmores (sp?) all of a sudden I was at the character loading screen. When I tray to re-enter my character it says I can not load because the character is saving. I can access other characters tho.

I would like to access my character, I never experienced this before.
    Rosaline: Woman Burglar (85)
    Verem: Man Guardian (85)
    Aldros: Man Captain (84)
    [b]DBS Blacksheep[/b] (Meneldor)

There are two options:

1) If you have in game support, try contacting a Game Master and see if they can release your character.

2) Option 1 does not work. You will have to wait for the character to free themselves. IIRC - A server restart is required. We had server restart on Monday of the week. It maybe a while.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I can log in other characters.

I filled out an in-game help ticket, was told I needed to go to support website and fill out a request. I went to website and filled out the form, they require 3 to 4 days to respond to an email?...That isnt right.

Anyways, I re-entered the game on an alt. I filled out another help ticket and a +Name+ IM'ed me, we talked and he told me he couldn't force kick a character out, he could only ban my account for a minute and see if that would work. I asked him to try so he banned me, 5 mins later I re-logged and still character is "Saving".

So frustrating, because this character is level 84 and I would like to finish the Epic book and get the character to 85.

Trying to get a hold of Turbine Technical Support. Paging Turbine Technical Support!!!!

This is terrible Customer Support. Really. No phone number to contact, just web and in game. In-game is useless for most issues so you have to fill out a web form, you fill out the web form and have to wait 3 to 4 days for a response. Which in my case did absolutely NOTHING. My character is STILL saving and it has been 5 days.

I got an email saying to try and log in, I did, and character was still saving, was told to "reply" to the message if problem persisted, I did. Am I suppose to wait an additional 3 to 4 days for another response? I think I would be better off writing a snail mail letter to the company.

In-Game support needs to be given additional powers to assist with this problem as it is on the F.A.Q. If there is that many people experiencing this issue, then In-Game support should have the means to remedy the situation.

Try recycling your modem - router - Computer, turning them back on in that order and letting each cycle through before turning on the next.

Is it this error?

http://support.turbine.com/link/port...d-in-the-world

Thank you for that advice. However, there is no router and cant recycle modem.

It has been 12 days and my character is still saving and STILL no response from Turbine. I got one email that told me to try and log in, did as asked and still character is saving, was told to "reply" to email if not able to log in, I "replied" and since then, NO RESPONSE.

Also no response from Turbine in the forums?...this is really bad.

I am so frustrated at this point, it goes beyond pissed off.

Where is the great customer service that they use to have?

Turbine has great customer service when there is a reasonable way to resolve your issue. The difficulty is that they have any tooling that will allow them to release your character. Turbine is not going to take the server down for 20 minutes for a restart to free your character.

It is anybody's guess as when Turbine will develop:

1) A tool that will release a character that is stuck in the "Saving" state. I vaguely recall Turbine used to have this kind of tool. I guess it broke at some point.

2) Fix the software so that character do not end up in a trap state.

My personal opinion. Management will not assign the necessary resources to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, you are stuck waiting for the next server restart which might not be until November 18, 2013.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Well, it only took 12 days (not including Sundays) to resolve this issue. 5pm EST yesterday, got an email stating that the team attempted to take internal measures to correct the problem, and they did.

Only 14 wasted days, but didn't have to wait for a server restart.

Thank You Turbine (sincerely).