We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Player Q's about expansions and Quest Packs

Ok

So I got my vip sub...I have a level 20 hunter already my question is

If I buy the 4 expansion pack for 39.99 does it include the quests that are in the All quest pack for 79.99 or is that two separate purchases?

and then another 39.99 for helms deep when it comes out? = $160 to get all caught up with the game? that's a hefty price tag! is it worth it in terms of content?

would a level 20 see any benefit for buying all exp packs now? or should I wait.

The expansion quad-pack, the all-questpacks-pack and helms deep are completely independent items, so yes, to get all the content you'd have to buy them all. Note that VIP includes access to the non-expansion quest packs, so as long as you're VIP you don't need the $80 item. Also all content (except for HD at this time) can be obtained with TP which can be earned in-game or bought with cash (and as VIP you get 500 each month). So the $160 pricetag only applies if you want to buy all content with cash, in theory you can get it all for free as well (spending lots of time grinding TP).

There isn't a real benefit to buying the expansions now instead of waiting until you actually need them, unless you want to start a runekeeper or warden character.

As for wether the content is worth that amount of money, well, nobody but you can answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    As for wether the content is worth that amount of money, well, nobody but you can answer that.
    I guess what I mean is..do the expansions add enough landmass, skills, abilities, exploration, weapons, armor, mounts, quests etc to be worth it?

If they just give you a sword and a few quests and a bunch of cosmetic armor (I could care less about playing dress up) then no its not worth it to me.

I know from reading that it says for example 350 quests in moria, So is that total for all classes, or 350 for each class
    Last edited by Lador; Oct 31 2013 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lador View Post
    So is that total for all classes, or 350 for each class
    I don't think there are many quests for a given class so there's 350 quests in Moria. Myself I haven't actually gotten to Moria... But know for all the other quest areas there's few if any quests that are exclusive to a given class.

But generally speaking, yes the expansions add a ton of content for the level range they cover. So they're well worth getting if you enjoy the game.

If you don't own any of the expansions yet, and are planing on getting Helms Deep. You can buy both HD and the Quad pack for $60*, so that's everything plus 1,000tp for that price. When you go to the store, and click on the HD pack, it opens a window that lets you add on other items, this includes the Quad pack for half price.

*Unless you buy the collectors edition which costs more.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfox View Post
    If you don't own any of the expansions yet, and are planing on getting Helms Deep. You can buy both HD and the Quad pack for $60*, so that's everything plus 1,000tp for that price. When you go to the store, and click on the HD pack, it opens a window that lets you add on other items, this includes the Quad pack for half price.

*Unless you buy the collectors edition which costs more.

SUPER, thanks for that info that's what i'll do

This is a short and simplistic version of a little something I put together for my kin it might help you with a general view.

Quest pack - TP costs - Level range - Amount of TP you can earn (Rep not included)

Ered Luin - Free - 1 to 15 - 170
    Shire - Free - 1 to 13 - 150
    Breeland - Free - 1 to 24 - 255
    Lone lands - Free - 22 to 35 - 180
    North Downs - 595 - 18 to 40 - 145
    Trollshaws - 595 - 30 to 50 - 145
    Evendim - 595 - 32 to 40 - Zone deeds: 215, Instance deeds: 10
    Misty Mountains - 695 - 39 to 50 - 170
    Forochel - 595 - 39 to 52 - 140
    Angmar - 795 - 40 to 52 - Zone deeds: 165, Instance deeds: 255
    Eregion - 695 - 45 to 55 - Zone deeds 175, Instance deeds 130
    Lothlorien - 595 - 55 to 60 - 135
    Enedwaith - 695 - 60 to 75 - 210
    Great River - 795 - 72 to 75 - 345
    Wildermore - 795 - 83 to 85 - 135

Expansions - TP costs - Level range - Amount of TP you can earn (Rep not included)
    Moria - 1495 - 51 to 60 - Zone deeds: 405, Instance deeds 735
    Mirkwood - 695 - 61 to 65 - Zone deeds: 170, instance deeds: 135
    Isengard - 2495 - 66 to 75 - 480
    Rohan - 4295 (this isn't correct anymore, I believe the price has been reduced) 75 to 85 - 185
    Helm's deep - 4295 - 85 to 95 - Unknown

There are also a lot of Reputation factions. Getting from 0 to kindred with a factions will get you 50 TP in total

Well now, as you can see you can earn a lot of TP just by doing deeds. You get 4 areas for free. As you are VIP now, you can enjoy all the quest pack areas for free, but note that you can't anymore if your VIP has come to an end. Something else you can see is that many quest packs are for similar levels.

An example of what I did to get to level 85 with my first character:
    I went through the free areas, bought Evendim, bought Forochel, bought Moria, bought Lorien and Enedwaith (Lorien wasn't necessary), bought Great River, bought Rohan. And yes i got all these quest packs and expansions just with TP that I earned by deeding.

So you don't need all the quest packs to level. You won't even have time to enjoy them all on level, as you will outlevel many quite quickly.
    Here is something I do recommend, it's a really nice thing to have
    http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2777

Anyway I hope this helps you along a bit..

Iminye - Windfola server

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    The expansion quad-pack, the all-questpacks-pack and helms deep are completely independent items, so yes, to get all the content you'd have to buy them all. Note that VIP includes access to the non-expansion quest packs, so as long as you're VIP you don't need the $80 item. Also all content (except for HD at this time) can be obtained with TP which can be earned in-game or bought with cash (and as VIP you get 500 each month). So the $160 pricetag only applies if you want to buy all content with cash, in theory you can get it all for free as well (spending lots of time grinding TP).

There isn't a real benefit to buying the expansions now instead of waiting until you actually need them, unless you want to start a runekeeper or warden character.

In addition, if you pre-purchase HD, you will be given the option to buy the expansion quad-pack for $19.99 (instead of the normal $39.99.)

If Helm's Deep is worth the money or not is very difficult to say at this time since it has not been released yet.

The expansion quad-pack is a good deal, but you don't really need it yet in terms of leveling. One reason to buy it early is that the Mines of Moria expansion (included in the quad-pack) will give you access to the Warden and Rune-keeper classes as well as two extra character slots. (Those can also be purchased separately with TP from the in-game store if you really want to.)

The all-questpacks bundle is not really worth it in my opinion. You are better off using that money to buy Turbine Points whenever there is a sale on those, and then using the TP to buy the questpack from the in-game store when they are on sale (which happens now and then.) You don't really need all the questpacks either, so you can buy just a few of them to save money.

You don't need to buy any extra questpack until you have finished the Lone Lands region around level 30. A that point the general consensus is that the best questpack to buy is Evendim which will get you from level 30 to 40. From level 40 to 50 there is no consensus on which questpacks to buy. (Look around the forums for many, many, many threads on that subject.) From level 50 onwards the expansions will provide enough content for leveling so that you don't actually need any of the non-expansion questpacks then. (But even if you don't need them it can still be fun doing that content so buying extra questpacks is not useless.)

As mentioned - while you are VIP you have access to all the non-expansion questpacks anyway.

Moria quests are mostly completable by anyone, as are quests in any region. There are class specific quests and rewards (ie finishing the Moria epic gives a legendary trait to Loremaster, and no other class so far as I know; though everyone can complete the epic quests). Unless you level very rapidly while the 100 percent bonus is in effect, making levels 53 to 60 without Moria can be a pain. You can go to 53 54 in Eregion, then use epics to reach 56, then go to Lorien, but Moria is much faster, and is at least somewhat fun for awhile.

Mirkwood is unnecessary, but an interesting region. Aside from skirmishes, there's nothing to be gained over playing in Enedwaith.

Isengard is the easiest path from 65 to 75, but you can make 68 in Enedwaith, and go to Great River at 68, though it's difficult for some classes.

Rohan is a must. There is nothing other than Rohan for levels 77 to 85.

HD will be a must, I would assume, but won't know until it's released.

One other thing... you needn't even consider buying anything as a VIP until you hit at least level 46. That's the earliest you can possibly benefit from Moria, and it's easier to just get past 50 before entering.

Wow guys thanks for all the good info and time you all took to reply.

I went ahead and pre ordered the basic HD with the quad pack for the discount even though I cant use it yet, I will need it eventually and I can at least use the TP now.

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    In addition, if you pre-purchase HD, you will be given the option to buy the expansion quad-pack for $19.99 (instead of the normal $39.99.)

You don't need to buy any extra questpack until you have finished the Lone Lands region around level 30. A that point the general consensus is that the best questpack to buy is Evendim which will get you from level 30 to 40. From level 40 to 50 there is no consensus on which questpacks to buy. (Look around the forums for many, many, many threads on that subject.) From level 50 onwards the expansions will provide enough content for leveling so that you don't actually need any of the non-expansion questpacks then. (But even if you don't need them it can still be fun doing that content so buying extra questpacks is not useless.)

As mentioned - while you are VIP you have access to all the non-expansion questpacks anyway.

Very good zone/level breakdown I just got a note from someone to go to the Lone lands I am in Bree now just hit 20

Quote Originally Posted by Magdon1 View Post
    Moria quests are mostly completable by anyone, as are quests in any region. There are class specific quests and rewards (ie finishing the Moria epic gives a legendary trait to Loremaster, and no other class so far as I know; though everyone can complete the epic quests). Unless you level very rapidly while the 100 percent bonus is in effect, making levels 53 to 60 without Moria can be a pain. You can go to 53 54 in Eregion, then use epics to reach 56, then go to Lorien, but Moria is much faster, and is at least somewhat fun for awhile.

Mirkwood is unnecessary, but an interesting region. Aside from skirmishes, there's nothing to be gained over playing in Enedwaith.

Isengard is the easiest path from 65 to 75, but you can make 68 in Enedwaith, and go to Great River at 68, though it's difficult for some classes.

Rohan is a must. There is nothing other than Rohan for levels 77 to 85.

HD will be a must, I would assume, but won't know until it's released.

One other thing... you needn't even consider buying anything as a VIP until you hit at least level 46. That's the earliest you can possibly benefit from Moria, and it's easier to just get past 50 before entering.

Good level/zone info its much appreciated, thank you...ESP about Rohan