We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lotro/turbine imply's they are removing skills from classes

turbine is saying they are taking away skills from all classes and that they are adding new ones to replace them that are more potent according to them here is the link to the Article that imply's they are removing skills.

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/developer-diary-trait-trees-helms-deep

at least that is what it sounds like to me personally I hate the idea of skills being removed I don't know how any of the rest of you feel about it all I know is I hate the idea.

no mater what they say about the new skills that they will be more potent and more used I still hate the idea of class skills being removed.

reasons for me hating this change I will have to relearn all my characters and there skills and what they need and so on.

If you want to find out what is actually happening, Turbine has publicized ways to bet a beta test key. Get one. Participate in the beta and then you'll know for sure...one way or the other.

Of course, you'll also be under the beta NDA, so you won't be able to talk about what the reality is until the NDA is released.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepherzaper View Post
    turbine is saying they are taking away skills from all classes and that they are adding new ones to replace them that are more potent according to them here is the link to the Article that imply's they are removing skills.

at least that is what it sounds like to me personally I hate the idea of skills being removed I don't know how any of the rest of you feel about it all I know is I hate the idea.

no mater what they say about the new skills that they will be more potent and more used I still hate the idea of class skills being removed.

reasons for me hating this change I will have to relearn all my characters and there skills and what they need and so on.
    Well,cat least TRY the new system before you "hate" it. You never know.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Well,cat least TRY the new system before you "hate" it. You never know.
    well I guess your right I will try it when it comes out and if I hate it then I will post with full details of what I hate most about it.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    well I guess your right I will try it when it comes out and if I hate it then I will post with full details of what I hate most about it.
    I look forward to seeing your review on the new system.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    I look forward to seeing your review on the new system.
    well I already know what parts I will most likely hate and that is having to rearrange my skills that much I am certain I will hate other then that I have no clue.

and I will say I hope they don't ruin my favorite classes.

I'm glad it's being streamlined. In all of my classes I use maybe half of the skills. If it will free up some spaces on my toolbar I'll be happy. To me, it seems like the skill system has gotten too cumbersome and unwieldy. This was needed.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I will post with full details of what I hate most about it.
    Joy. Can't wait for that.

This is an MMO, and things change over time. Usually quite a lot. I might wind up liking these changes or not, but at least it'll get me to pull some old characters back off the shelf and try them out again. That alone will keep me busy for months. If I don't like it after that, I'll play less. Or maybe not at all. But I'm not going to inflict my Top 10 List of What I Hate Most on everyone.

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    Joy. Can't wait for that.

This is an MMO, and things change over time. Usually quite a lot. I might wind up liking these changes or not, but at least it'll get me to pull some old characters back off the shelf and try them out again. That alone will keep me busy for months. If I don't like it after that, I'll play less. Or maybe not at all. But I'm not going to inflict my Top 10 List of What I Hate Most on everyone.

Khafar
    ok Maybe I should of waited for more info before making a tread about how much I hated the idea of skills being taken away.

ya I definitely should of waited for the release of helms deep so that I could see how bad the changes are and then posted how much I hate even the idea of the skills being gone.

so all I have left to say is good bye untell the 18 of November.

As with everything, closing some doors open other doors.

For myself, a huge issue with LotrO especially since RoR is the quality of instances and raids.

From the link you supplied:
    Having a zillion skills carries a lot of overhead. Adding more over time makes it even worse. I’m not talking about dollar cost. Really, whenever we add new skills (without getting rid of old ones) we have to balance them in accordance with everything else that exists… on all classes. That weight just keeps going up over the years. Every debate gets longer and more complicated.
    The complexity in balancing has a direct impact on the content as the skills are balanced in regards to other classes and the content. Simpler skill setups should make it easier to balance classes between once another and balance content to create challenging content.

Thus, in the hope of seeing better content, I'm content to seeing skills etc. being changed/removed as the awesomeness of each class is useless to me if there's no challenging content where this awesomeness can be utilized. However, if Turbine doesn't manage to capitalize on these changes very soon, I'm quite sure especially endgame will be even more dead that it is currently.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seeing how HD is about to be released, I doubt they'll be giving away more beta keys.

And I don't think you would hate the changes entirely. Inductions on the move, seemingly promising buffs to yellow line for example, I, for one, as a Hunter, would welcome these buffs.
    [COLOR="#669966"][center][size=1]Mildford - R9 Hunter • Support - R7 LM
    The Storm Crusaders • Gladden[/size][/center][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    As with everything, closing some doors open other doors.

For myself, a huge issue with LotrO especially since RoR is the quality of instances and raids.

From the link you supplied:

The complexity in balancing has a direct impact on the content as the skills are balanced in regards to other classes and the content. Simpler skill setups should make it easier to balance classes between once another and balance content to create challenging content.

Thus, in the hope of seeing better content, I'm content to seeing skills etc. being changed/removed as the awesomeness of each class is useless to me if there's no challenging content where this awesomeness can be utilized. However, if Turbine doesn't manage to capitalize on these changes very soon, I'm quite sure especially endgame will be even more dead that it is currently.
    It will all come down to how they actually balance the classes. If they do the DND 4.0 approach and every class starts to feel exactly the same, that will be bad. If each class functions and feels like it is distinctly different and feels true to its purpose, that will be great news.

I'm coming in with cautious optimism and planning on liking the new stuff. If you come in looking for what you're going to hate, I expect you'll find plenty.