We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Glinting in Forgotten Pools Foolery

I have a few suggestions for this solo instance available out of NPC in Galrev who also offers Defense of Galrev and Forges of Isengard. I do the forges regularly for the Compendium of Middle earth and the other two less frequently due to their low rewards. But my suggestions/inquiry is with the Glinting in Forgotten Pools which as you move from pool to pool, clearing the vermin, fishing and if one chooses defeat an elite MOB which drops a relic but these relics, Soggy Relic of Wisdom, Worn Relic of Time and Dripping Relic of Cunning never show up in my bags or in the inventory of relics panel. Am I missing something here? Are they in an unseen location? Would Turbine tell us we are receiving something that does not exist?
    Second suggestion is the reward for completing the instance of a tier 4 relic is way too low, my reasoning is who in their right mind slots a tier 4 when you are a lvl 75 or above. Personally I have never slotted a relic under tier 6 after Moria or Edenwaith. I know this is my personal preference but tier 4 is not valuable to me, the reputation with Riders of Rohan and legendary experience gained is in my mind the only reason to do this or Defense of Galrev. Please increase the tier level of relics for these instances and drop the Wornsoggydripping ones. Thank you.

These relics are quest items.

In the original launch version of the game, quest items went into your inventory. Inventory full. You could not advance quests that required you to gather items. Delete a quest item out of your inventory, it would cancel the quest.

The newer implementation is for quest items to be stored in your quest log. If you open this quest right before you turn it in, you will see the relics attached to the quest.

Tier 4 relic too weak for you. Combine it with other tier 4s to get a tier 5. Combine the tier 5s to get a tier 6 - hopefully the relic that you want.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    These relics are quest items.

In the original launch version of the game, quest items went into your inventory. Inventory full. You could not advance quests that required you to gather items. Delete a quest item out of your inventory, it would cancel the quest.

The newer implementation is for quest items to be stored in your quest log. If you open this quest right before you turn it in, you will see the relics attached to the quest.

Tier 4 relic too weak for you. Combine it with other tier 4s to get a tier 5. Combine the tier 5s to get a tier 6 - hopefully the relic that you want.
    First thank you Yula for responding to my suggestion. You have been a good source of info on many occasions.
    My question of the relic drops from defeating Signature MOB's has not been resolved. I do see the Relic appearing in the quest log before returning to Bron.
    But the info box says "Soggy Relic of Time- Opens quest glinting in Forgotten Pools". Which has no purpose, I can not open the relic to go back to the pool I acquired it to replay that portion nor does it go to a bag to open the quest at a later time. So there is no purpose for the relic or in this case a non-relic. I can't call it a relic if I can't use it, apply to LI or deconstruct. Does this make sense? No intent on being difficult I am only commenting on what appears to be a useless part of the game.
    Peace.

The 'relics' of the quest have nothing to do with Sealed Relics pertaining to Legendary Items.

In other words, you're just fishing for a thingamabob, a doohickey, a whatchamacallit, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wally300 View Post
    First thank you Yula for responding to my suggestion. You have been a good source of info on many occasions.
    My question of the relic drops from defeating Signature MOB's has not been resolved. I do see the Relic appearing in the quest log before returning to Bron.
    But the info box says "Soggy Relic of Time- Opens quest glinting in Forgotten Pools". Which has no purpose, I can not open the relic to go back to the pool I acquired it to replay that portion nor does it go to a bag to open the quest at a later time. So there is no purpose for the relic or in this case a non-relic. I can't call it a relic if I can't use it, apply to LI or deconstruct. Does this make sense? No intent on being difficult I am only commenting on what appears to be a useless part of the game.
    Peace.
    These are quest items that share the word "Relic" with Legendary Item System Relics. There are other items in the game that have "Relic" in their name. Again these items are not part of the Legendary Item System. Another such example is the "Early Third Age Relic" which is a scholar crafting material used in a number of Tier 1 Scholar recipes.

You will find many other examples of Legendary Item System elements that share part of their name with non Legendary Item system elements. Some examples would be the bold words from these two components - Hunters Sword of the Third Age - Plain Heritage Rune of Lore. You can find non legendary Hunters Sword. You can find other Third Age items like the Scholar material. There are plain armor pieces. There are non legendary Runes.

It is something you got to get used to. There are not enough words in the English language to keep from reusing words. The Legendary Items system due to its complexity is really bad on reuse:

1) Level = Minimum Character level to equip the Legendary Item
    2) Level = Awarded to the Legendary Item due to the current number of experience points the Item has earned
    3) Level - Maximum Level (see point 2) that the item can attain via earning experience points.
    4) Level - Number of additional levels added to the cap (see point 3) via a consumable item
    5) Tier - The strength rating 1-6 of legacy. Turbine decided to NOT use level in this case
    6) Rank - The current level of a legacy. Turbine decided to NOT level in this case

Turbine really had to do something about 5 and 6 since there are two different kinds of levels for a legacy.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Oct 31 2013 at 01:22 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.