We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Buying Helms Deep for another player

Hi there,

I have already purchased Helm's Deep for myself and I want to purchase it for another player (as a gift / surprise)...

There WAS a link through google to this but I can no longer find it and when I did try it ~ a week ago it only sent me to the store...

Help plz?

What I have done in the past is call Customer Service to pay for a subscription for a friend, or gift something. You don't need their account information. The very helpful folks have been able to locate the account by the name of a character, server, and kin combination. Your gift can have your name on it or they can make it anonymous if you request.

It's a nice thing you're doing for your friend.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

If you purchase the expansion via store.turbine.com then you'll receive a code by email that you can then pass on to your friend to apply to their account.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    What I have done in the past is call Customer Service to pay for a subscription for a friend, or gift something. You don't need their account information. The very helpful folks have been able to locate the account by the name of a character, server, and kin combination. Your gift can have your name on it or they can make it anonymous if you request.

It's a nice thing you're doing for your friend.
    Is it possible to buy it with my account's TP in game and call CS to send it to my friend's account?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyo07 View Post
    Is it possible to buy it with my account's TP in game and call CS to send it to my friend's account?
    I don't believe so. Everything purchased with TP is bound to account and will auto-apply to your account on purchase. You also can't pre-order using TP. Their whole reluctance to do so is because they want you to use money to pre-purchase, not saved points. Once the expansion goes live the option to upgrade will not be in the lotro store for you to purchase if you've already bought it once, so no chance to buy it for anyone else with TP. At least that's how the last one worked.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

HD with TP

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyo07 View Post
    Short answer is no. If you do this it will bind to your account...you have to go through store.turbine.com

Quote Originally Posted by carrol_shelby View Post
    Hi there,

I have already purchased Helm's Deep for myself and I want to purchase it for another player (as a gift / surprise)...

There WAS a link through google to this but I can no longer find it and when I did try it ~ a week ago it only sent me to the store...

Help plz?
    WBS mentioned this as well, but you can purchase an unlock code or "key" for Helm's Deep from store.turbine.com. You can then send it to another player.

Thanks for all the answers guys... and we also have turbine guy here answered my Q, yayyy...

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterS View Post
    WBS mentioned this as well, but you can purchase an unlock code or "key" for Helm's Deep from store.turbine.com. You can then send it to another player.
    Unfortunately, this option is not so easily found.
    Clicking the Lotro Store, Or Lotro Market link from the header on this site, takes you to a page that only allows you to add the expansion to your own account.

store.turbine.com should be more acccessible and easily found. In my case, I ended up going to the friends house to purchase the expansion from their machine, since I could only find the option thru the lotro market link up above the requires you to be logged in to the account.
    [CENTER][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray]This has been a public harassment announcement®[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray] Courtesy of The Ministry of Creative Anarchy - Public Harassment Office[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Loucifer View Post
    In my case, I ended up going to the friends house to purchase the expansion from their machine, since I could only find the option thru the lotro market link up above the requires you to be logged in to the account.
    This sounds like a bad idea to me.

I'm not completely sure how store.lotro.com works but, as you were logged onto their account at the time, it's possible that you've now associated your credit card with your friends account. If that's the case then you are now counted by Turbine as owning that account; they will only talk to you about matters related to the account and only you are able to purchase any premium services for it. It also could mean that your friend can now make purchases for the game on your card.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post

I'm not completely sure how store.lotro.com works but, as you were logged onto their account at the time, it's possible that you've now associated your credit card with your friends account. If that's the case then you are now counted by Turbine as owning that account; they will only talk to you about matters related to the account and only you are able to purchase any premium services for it. It also could mean that your friend can now make purchases for the game on your card.
    While that is a valid concern, I use paypal to do these things. The account doesn't remember the login info for paypal since it directs you to their site and paypal doesn't even try to remember the login or password.

But also in my case, I have no concerns with this particular friend about him using my card if I had to go that route.
    [CENTER][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray]This has been a public harassment announcement®[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray] Courtesy of The Ministry of Creative Anarchy - Public Harassment Office[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Loucifer View Post
    While that is a valid concern, I use paypal to do these things. The account doesn't remember the login info for paypal since it directs you to their site and paypal doesn't even try to remember the login or password.

But also in my case, I have no concerns with this particular friend about him using my card if I had to go that route.
    Using PayPal for the transaction does negate the issue I stated but my post was more intended as a warning for anyone reading your post and thinking to do the same. You had already done it so the warning, if it applied, would have been too late for you anyway.

It's also worth noting that anything can change in life; even family members can fall out in a horrible way.

Cheers everyone,

I shall use: store.turbine.com

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post

I was trying to figure out how to gift it myself cause a friend wants to gift it for me... However apparently if you buy it from the market, you can get it with a new card and not save the information now... I just saw that it asks if you want to save the info, and you have to check the box if you do.