We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2.8.3/A Relic in Lumul-Nar (solo)

If anyone on Gladden server has recently completed 2.8.3/A Relic in Lumul-Nar, solo version, please share your successful alignment of the mirrors! I found a fairly detailed walkthrough with map for the 3-man version, but the solo version does not have the same spawns, etc, nor does it have the chests mentioned in the 3-man walkthrough. Thanks in advance.

Re: 2.8.3/A Relic in Lumul-Nar (solo)

I will not divulge the successful alignment sequence as it was alot of trial and error. I will say that as far as the upper portion goes it helps to back trace your progress...you want the light to go down the hole in the floor...so move the mirrors in respect to that...the middle sequence is pretty straight forward...the end sequence is the annoying part...you must get the mirrors pointed so that the 4 corners end up in the center concentrator and destroy the algae looking net in the center. The annoying part is that the morrovail creatures will corrupt your mirrors and cause them to not reflect the light...so you must concentrate on getting each mirror focused the correct direction and then rid yourself of those pesky bat women.

Is it a real solo quest now or a "bring 1 or 2 friends with you" solo quest ? Because I tried it out yesterday with my LM64 and I got slaughtered real quick in the final fight when I had to jump in the pit and lost my pet who stayed upstairs...
    Anyone else having trouble killing that last boss and his adds ?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001e244e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

No trouble as a solo lv 65 hunter, Just jumped into pit, boss was fairly easy too take out and no extras joined the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaladi View Post
    If anyone on Gladden server has recently completed 2.8.3/A Relic in Lumul-Nar, solo version, please share your successful alignment of the mirrors!
    I don't quite remember the exact sequence. You have to beam down a light toward the black web-like thing in the hole. I looked at the mirrors as having two sides - with one side "receiving" the light and the other half reflecting it. After getting through the first puzzle (fairly easy) that will lead you to the area proper, you want to open up the web door-thing at the top. Just look at the mirrors and the beams of light to guide you. Arrange the mirror at the top, and the rest of the mirrors so the light will point at the hole. This should also open the web door-thing at the bottom.

When you get to the next area, it's as Kendall0351 said. At this point, if you fall to your death and respawned, the mirrors will stay in their positions, but you'll find that the web-door at the bottom leading to the next area will be closed. Least, that's what happened to me. You can just jump into the hole; it's a short fall.

Quote Originally Posted by alexissf View Post
    Is it a real solo quest now or a "bring 1 or 2 friends with you" solo quest ? Because I tried it out yesterday with my LM64 and I got slaughtered real quick in the final fight when I had to jump in the pit and lost my pet who stayed upstairs...
    Anyone else having trouble killing that last boss and his adds ?
    Real solo. Did it at 63, I think. There were no adds (they just stood by the side and totally ignored the ruckus).

This is just yet another one of Turbines incredibly hard quests, that they call "solo". Then they wonder why people stop playing this game.

This is supposed to be part of the epic quest line, yet they used this stupid instanced zone for it. Even the quest itself says its for a small group, it doesn't say solo like Turbine claims.

Apparently some classes are overpowered compared to others.
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=PaleGreen][FONT=Century Gothic]■ Windows7 x64 ■ Asus M4A87TD EVO Motherboard ■ AMD Phenom 1055T CPU ■ XFX 6950 2GB Video Card ■ Samsung T260HD Monitor ■ 8GB G.Skill DDR3 ■ Asus Essence STX Sound Card ■ XFX 750w PSU ■ Intel 80GB SSD ■[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Real easy once you figured the aligment out. If you're a high level lore-master, you should know by now that your first reflex after jumping in/off something is click 'return to master' skill.

Had no problems whatsoever with it with my then lv 60 guardian (with bad non-crafted / non-raid gear and low vitality).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001efc62/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Lvl 59 warden, Was very easy to take her out. The addys did come, but they were all one shot kills. I didn't go under 53% health (I know this because of the plugin "Palantir", by Digital Utopia. So yeah, hope that helped.

Finished this not long ago at level 60.

Aligning the mirrors at early stages you need to have a good look around with your camera and see where the light path needs to go. For the final set of mirrors, I recommend using the map, it makes it a lot easier to figure out which beam needs to go where. The 4 vertical beams appear as bright circles, and the mirror locations are circular platforms. You need to use all the mirrors, and only one solution is possible.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001937e4/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Amaladi View Post
    If anyone on Gladden server has recently completed 2.8.3/A Relic in Lumul-Nar, solo version, please share your successful alignment of the mirrors! I found a fairly detailed walkthrough with map for the 3-man version, but the solo version does not have the same spawns, etc, nor does it have the chests mentioned in the 3-man walkthrough. Thanks in advance.
    I did this recently on my mini in my early 60s without a problem. If you're referring to the same walkthrough I found, then the description of the last section (the 4-way) was accurate and useful. The earlier stuff was hard to follow since the spawns were different, but they weren't TOO difficult to figure out if you just look at where the mirrors are and where you need to shoot the light. I definitely needed that guide for the last section though.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000199d66/signature.png]Guiard[/charsig]

How are you getting this done solo? Is there a clicky item for the inspiration buff? I go in there and I am at my normal level, the mobs are the same as if I am doing it in a small group.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r9 (active) Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    How are you getting this done solo? Is there a clicky item for the inspiration buff? I go in there and I am at my normal level, the mobs are the same as if I am doing it in a small group.
    All the mobs had 3-4k health for me.

Just did as a 59 hunter. The mobs were easy, the puzzle was the hard part for me
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320c000000172217/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post

the quest giver let you the choice to set it on solo or small fellowship before you start the quest .
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000046dd3/signature.png]Gevaudan[/charsig]

I just did it and drew myself a map. (for the solo quest)

DO NOT KEEP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.

Okay. Look at the map (it's easier if you draw yourself a rough sketch and use a yellow highlighter for the light beams before you start.) I'll go around the room COUNTER CLOCKWISE from the North West mirror.

Please Note: There are a total of ten mirrors; four mirrors on both the north and south of the room, and three on the east and west sides. I use terms like 'middle north' and such to direct you to the different mirrors, but if you prefer I have also numbered the mirrors COUNTER CLOCKWISE, starting in the North West.

North West - direct mirror (1) SOUTH. Direct MIDDLE WEST(2) mirror towards the center of the room.

South West - direct mirror (3) EAST. Direct MIDDLE SOUTH (4) mirror towards the center of the room.

South East - direct mirror (6) WEST. Direct West (5) (not middle west, there are four on this side) mirror NORTH. Cross the room and direct NORTH EAST (9) mirror (not the north east light source mirror, the one beside it) WEST. Direct MIDDLE NORTH (10)mirror towards the center of the room.

North East - direct mirror (8) SOUTH. Direct MIDDLE EAST (7) mirror to the center of the room.

When you're done you will most likely have to sweep the room of merrival again before it will unlock the boss.

You're welcome
    Last edited by Nishka; Jul 28 2011 at 02:18 AM.

[QUOTE=Nishka;5567607]I just did it and drew myself a map. (for the solo quest)

Thank you! This one has been driving me crazy.

The walkthrough for group play on lotro-wiki.com is accurate for the solo player, except for the descriptions of the mobs you'll encounter. It also has a very, VERY useful mirror-aligning guide.

Pro tip: If you normally like mood lighting, turn up your ambient light so you can more easily see the ramps. If you fall off the platform you will starve before you splat (to quote a kinsman of mine).
    [color=green]~[/color][color=orange]*[/color][color=green]~[/color] [color=blue]O great glory and splendour! and all of my dreams have come true! [/color][color=green]~[/color][color=orange]*[/color][color=green]~[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Miz_Sparrow View Post
    The walkthrough for group play on lotro-wiki.com is accurate for the solo player, except for the descriptions of the mobs you'll encounter. It also has a very, VERY useful mirror-aligning guide.
    Yes, I confirm this.

Turn the left mirror once.
    Turn the middle mirror 3x.
    Turn the right mirror once.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbus View Post
    This is just yet another one of Turbines incredibly hard quests, that they call "solo". Then they wonder why people stop playing this game.

This is supposed to be part of the epic quest line, yet they used this stupid instanced zone for it. Even the quest itself says its for a small group, it doesn't say solo like Turbine claims.

Apparently some classes are overpowered compared to others.
    I understand the frustration with this quest. A player needs to come prepared with buffs. With that, I found defeating the monsters doable (lvl 65 LM).

But I was bothered by the mirror puzzle because it took a long time. I've played puzzle games (Myst) and I like them but sometimes I need help. The walkthroughs on the internet for this quest are not good enough imo. I had trouble with the mirrors even before I got to the last set/floor and considered giving up.

I thought the mirror idea was clever but I think the quest also needs an effective walkthough. And that would require maps for every mirror and where to point them imo.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001c22fb/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

There's nothing difficult about the mobs in this quest, it's that the mirrors are like some kind of sick mind The Vision era torture. I'm sure I'm missing something hidden around a corner or something designed so the players can't see it. Yuck Yuck Yuck. Hint: This is not fun.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001ac267/01004/signature.png]Numsy[/charsig]

I enjoyed the logical mirror aligning puzzle, as its something different. But I found the mobs putting dirt on adjusted mirrors really annoying ... those #### dudes always spawn at the farthest mirrors !!! This makes it a lil hard to do solo ... but coffee helps

I'm sure I'm missing something hidden around a corner or something designed so the players can't see it.
    It's not hidden around the corner ... just check where light comes in and where it has to go, then try to connect those start and end points using the other mirrors. Its like connect-the-dots in 3D.

And for the final mirrors just use the map the others mentioned, there's even two solutions to that puzzle
    [center]You become a [color=red][b]champion[/b][/color] by fighting one more round.
    When things are tough, you fight one more round.
    [i]James J. Corbett[/i][/center]

http://lotro-wiki.com/images/thumb/8...al_Mirrors.jpg

I found this map on google images.

Yeah I accidentaly solved the mirror problem, jumped down and killed Ergoth beFORE destroying the relic.. D'oh. Now she wont respawn. Sucks!

Hate this quest with a passion! I'm on my 3rd character doing it now. Barely managed to contain my disdain for it with the first two. It's tedious and annoying. I don't want to spend 1/2 hour trying to solve a puzzle; that's not why I play MMOs.

And just when I was near the end of the quest on the latest 'toon' to suffer this dismal waste of time, I managed to misjudge a step and fell off the edge and had to start again! You know what? Not happening! Stuff this quest. I don't care if it is a book quest. You can shove it up your collective backsides Turbine!

/irritated

Okay, I appreciate the help, but your math isn't jiving with me. You say there are 4 mirrors on the north and south, and 3 on the east and west. Well, that's 14 mirrors. It would work out mathematically if there were 3 at the north and south and 2 on the east and west. I'm going to need a map to get this done - I hope I can find that walkthrough...

If you can clarify, please do - I can't believe this is a book quest - there's no way I can give up yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Nishka View Post
    I just did it and drew myself a map. (for the solo quest)

DO NOT KEEP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.

Okay. Look at the map (it's easier if you draw yourself a rough sketch and use a yellow highlighter for the light beams before you start.) I'll go around the room COUNTER CLOCKWISE from the North West mirror.

Please Note: There are a total of ten mirrors; four mirrors on both the north and south of the room, and three on the east and west sides. I use terms like 'middle north' and such to direct you to the different mirrors, but if you prefer I have also numbered the mirrors COUNTER CLOCKWISE, starting in the North West.

North West - direct mirror (1) SOUTH. Direct MIDDLE WEST(2) mirror towards the center of the room.

South West - direct mirror (3) EAST. Direct MIDDLE SOUTH (4) mirror towards the center of the room.

South East - direct mirror (6) WEST. Direct West (5) (not middle west, there are four on this side) mirror NORTH. Cross the room and direct NORTH EAST (9) mirror (not the north east light source mirror, the one beside it) WEST. Direct MIDDLE NORTH (10)mirror towards the center of the room.

North East - direct mirror (8) SOUTH. Direct MIDDLE EAST (7) mirror to the center of the room.

When you're done you will most likely have to sweep the room of merrival again before it will unlock the boss.

You're welcome
    Server: Landroval
    Character: Haladain (Runekeeper) Lv. 82
    Kin: REMNANT
    Profession: Scholar

Everyone can say what they want (and there are a lot of annoying idiots that do), but this stupid puzzle quest literally got me to put a total stop to epics. I'll continue my levelling to cap (if I even make it that far), until I get fed up with the mounted combat.

Really, between all that I've seen and heard about the latest developments... I really can't say I'll be playing "Soloship of the Rings" much longer.

Peace out...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002ec5f6/signature.png]Dantric[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast