We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

BenQ XL2420TE 144Hz Gaming Monitor

BenQ XL2420TE 144Hz Gaming LCD Unboxing & Review

BenQ's XL2420TE is frankly the best gaming LCD monitor I've seen. Its colour reproduction, while not on the same level as an IPS panel, is MUCH better than other high speed TN monitors that I've encountered, and there almost no discernable input lag or motion blur. This one's a winner, folks.

Click the Title to watch the video.

Price: $319.05 & FREE Shipping from Amazon.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/...-where-to-buy/

Something I should add is Nvidia's new G-Sync invention will be coming out on monitors in 2014. Maybe wait for that?

Nvidia’s G-Sync promises better, faster monitors that will revolutionize PC gaming
    http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/16...nize-pc-gaming

also there are these super high end monitors now called 4K monitors, but they cost $3000 dollars. apparently games look amazing on them becuase the resolution is so high it looks like you are peering through a window at reality

Quote Originally Posted by enginekid88 View Post
    also there are these super high end monitors now called 4K monitors, but they cost $3000 dollars.
    4K monitors cost 3K? That's just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coruven View Post
    4K monitors cost 3K? That's just silly.

A) They're not that good lol, but they are pretty good.
    B) They're not called 4K displays they're called UHD displays.
    C) They're not true 4K resolution, well the monitors are but the image won't be, you have to use 2 cards and two HD cables, it then basically works like 2 1920x2160 displays stuck together side by side.
    D) Yes at the moment some are $3k, but give it some time and they'll drop, the ASUS model has already dropped down to $2200.

I've actually just won two of these in a competition, waiting for them to arrive now

Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    I've actually just won two of these in a competition, waiting for them to arrive now
    Lucky Duck!

Lucky Duck!
    It is kind of, money's super tight for me at the moment so i'll probably end up selling wither both of them or one of them and my old monitor, will be able to eat for a couple of weeks once they arrive

I have an ASUS 120hz 27" monitor that is 3D Vision capable (built in emitter and glasses included)

I thought the 3D would be a hoot for movies and games but I never use it.

But it is still a very good 2D monitor even if the price premium for 3D was wasted... LOTRO looks cool in 3D but I can't adjust to it for serious gaming like a raid.

EIZO have just announced the launch of their latest monitor, the FORIS FG2421 240Hz monitor.