We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So when HD hits....

And we realize that our pvp is still as dead and unpopulated as it is now.........what will YOU do?!!?
    Lets be honest, holding out hope that Helms Deep will revitalize our server is a fallacy. So I'm curious what the few PvPers left will do with their time?

1.) Will you transfer to a more populated server?

2.) Stay on Arkenstone, play only during a small window of Prime Time, and watch the numbers imbalance be the deciding factor of who wins and ultimately quit the game because the pvp sucks?

3.) Stop playing MMO's altogether because you don't have time to start a new game?

4.) Play other MMO's with more promise?

5.) Play other single player games?

Post what you will do!
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

If HD sucks and I'm guessing it will, I'll just got back to playing dota 2. I really really want HD to be good so I can come back to the game that I once loved, but I find that to be a pipe dream. Still, I'm holding hope.

I am going to let this three months sub go thru then I am heading to everquestnext. been playing planetside 2 to get a feel for SOE company. They seem ok. Its just dumb waiting for things to happen when there are so many games to play....

rift then wildstar when it comes out

LOTRO is the only MMO I have any interest in playing... I thought about sending a couple toons to BW... again.

Next Gen consoles release next month, they will probably occupy most of my free time if HD doesn't live up to my already extremely low expectations...
    Cullin R10, Adyson R10, Praethir R9, Liggins R9, Cilliann R9, Koltan R8, Kolton R8, Zevin R7, Aernon R7

ill play HD after college is over for the semester..that be like mid of december ..ill still be around till the friends in kin are vanished..ill prolly stop playing MMO concentrate on master degree and pick some casual 1player game
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

I will make a glorious return and conquer the Ettenmoors!
    [B][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]The spider formerly known as Morthil[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]
    Arkenstone[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Grishlath [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]Landroval[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Xenisthis, Raivotar, Skarsgoth, Shaplash
    Primordial Darkness - The One Man Solo Tribe
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#B22222][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Other than taking a break for a month or so when the expansion hits, I won't do anything different. I'll be out on most BH nights if BH is out, but freep population those nights has been dismal from what I've seen. I don't expect a sudden increase or decrease after the dust settles, so it'll be same as usual.

People have asked this question before with other expansions, and the server didn't die after any of those. It keeps getting slower, but it hasn't died yet.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

This...

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofPurity View Post
    I will make a glorious return and conquer the Ettenmoors!

I look forward to rolling over you creeps once more!
    #1 Power Stacker Of Arkenstone!
    We are the Gods NOW!
    Legona.

It's about time Morthil.... I've got what... 2 years of build up ready for you?
    [img]http://file3.guildlaunch.net/314797/BloodloafNewSig.png[/img]

Some Uruks rank so slow it would impress the Ents themselves.

Going to continue to play Ark. Maybe I should play freep more often myself, I don't know... No transfer, no other MMO's, Just LOTRO.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207010000207a82/signature.png]Anthraxious[/charsig] Reaver-Killanation r10, Black Arrow-Muzeygash-r10, Warleader-Grishski-r10, Defiler-Anthraxious-r12
    "People should not be unfamiliar with strategy, Those who understand it will survive, Those who do not understand it will perish"

Quote Originally Posted by BloodLoaf View Post
    It's about time Morthil.... I've got what... 2 years of build up ready for you?
    Man, I don't want that you sick SOB. Morthil doesn't do bukkake. =D
    Last edited by BladeofPurity; Nov 04 2013 at 08:36 PM.
    [B][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]The spider formerly known as Morthil[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]
    Arkenstone[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Grishlath [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]Landroval[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Xenisthis, Raivotar, Skarsgoth, Shaplash
    Primordial Darkness - The One Man Solo Tribe
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#B22222][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by puvi View Post
    I am going to let this three months sub go thru then I am heading to everquestnext. been playing planetside 2 to get a feel for SOE company. They seem ok. Its just dumb waiting for things to happen when there are so many games to play....
    I have decided to unsub. I will play lotro for a month and then see what i want to do after that. Personally I am just tired of giving people money for bugs and lag.

14. What Puvi said.
    I'll probably do the same most people are going to do, log in after HD is released check out the class changes, chat a bit on glff, complain some and then not play for another 6 months.

Turbine need to really step it up or LOTRO will be dead within the year.
    The Lone Wolf
    Radspakr 85 Guardian,Haluilas 82 LM, Varri 65 Champ

I am going to give it a full 3 months post release and see how the chips fall on both sides of the freep/creep line before I start finalizing plans, but if things worsen in the power balance I'll likely retire my main and work on whatever alt class seems to be most competitive.
    [URL=http://s68.photobucket.com/user/green_genes/media/SigWargsmall_zps68f1cdd2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i20/green_genes/SigWargsmall_zps68f1cdd2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    No I don't have any qualms about killing you if you go AFK in the PvMP zone so don't bother asking :)

My yearly sub is probably about to autorenew, so I'll let it. I haven't bought the last two expacs so I can't imagine any scenario that has me buying this one. The captain is going to be parked, probably somewhere near Boromir, with a sad look on her face. In time, they'll sort it back out and I may level her slowly after that.

My BA on BR seems ok though, so I'll be out and about, picking up sticks, waiting for you all to get all yer shinies sorted. Hopefully when you come back to the Moors all this newness freepside will re-energize the fights for at least a while. And hopefully you all won't be so OP that we can't have some fun.

I may look for a different game again though. Might jump back into TSW because they have the coolest outfits.
    Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (resting) BA
    Clarysta
    - Lvl 105 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4
    Twitter - @clarystainsun

To a degree, it depends on how long I will last without another ban on the forums. Its funny because you get them and one day you try and log in and it works, I don't even look at the expirations any more but NDA dropped so here I am. The likely outcome will be much the same, the people playing the toons don't change I mean HD isn't offering any IQ enhancers so we can expect the same ####### and fails that already frequent freep side. The likely outcome will be freeps will have more DPS and associate that with an increase of their personal skill set, then come face to face with a creep raid that is organized and toons adjusted to fit their specific roles and crumble. Now we'll likely still get the same hypocrite idiots crying about balance but flipping the map blue and zerging solos when ever they get the chance. Other then that, Ill keep trolling fail freeps because nothing, and I mean nothing is as important as you empowering me to affect how you feel. The funniest part is, you'll let it, it will affect your play and you know ill be laughing my ### off on the other side of the PC as you run out of GV, the raid will be there and through the choking spit of my laughter Ill say four words "get three coffins ready". The Craid will know what I mean, its a reference to this video where the man with no name decimates his foes, you know the drill ark freeps we run it 2-3 times a week. So tldr, no much is going to change, your going to die and I will troll you on the forums for the poor fashion in which you did. (lets see how many of you fools can watch the whole thing and get the analogy)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    To a degree, it depends on how long I will last without another ban on the forums. Its funny because you get them and one day you try and log in and it works, I don't even look at the expirations any more but NDA dropped so here I am. The likely outcome will be much the same, the people playing the toons don't change I mean HD isn't offering any IQ enhancers so we can expect the same ####### and fails that already frequent freep side. The likely outcome will be freeps will have more DPS and associate that with an increase of their personal skill set, then come face to face with a creep raid that is organized and toons adjusted to fit their specific roles and crumble. Now we'll likely still get the same hypocrite idiots crying about balance but flipping the map blue and zerging solos when ever they get the chance. Other then that, Ill keep trolling fail freeps because nothing, and I mean nothing is as important as you empowering me to affect how you feel. The funniest part is, you'll let it, it will affect your play and you know ill be laughing my ### off on the other side of the PC as you run out of GV, the raid will be there and through the choking spit of my laughter Ill say four words "get three coffins ready". The Craid will know what I mean, its a reference to this video where the man with no name decimates his foes, you know the drill ark freeps we run it 2-3 times a week. So tldr, no much is going to change, your going to die and I will troll you on the forums for the poor fashion in which you did. (lets see how many of you fools can watch the whole thing and get the analogy).
    I was bored so I skipped whatever you said and watched the scene. I like that movie. To me it looked like it was 1 vs. many... so I read what you wrote and realized that doesnt apply to what creeps do at all. Maybe the other way around. I couldnt help but see some of myself in that video... It strengthened my belief that maybe 1 can conquer many. Thank you nameless stranger for your encouragement =]

When HD hits I will do as I have always done. I will level my main to cap, then hit the moors. Followed by the casual lvling of my alts. I havent read any of the changes, (I like to be surprised) so I dont know whats coming. No matter if its the nerf hammer, nasty opness, or balance. I will be here.
    Rastlan R13 Burg , Rasial R8 Loremaster, Reistlan R9 Runekeeper, Keshern R9 Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by jljohnson4 View Post
    I was bored so I skipped whatever you said and watched the scene. I like that movie. To me it looked like it was 1 vs. many... so I read what you wrote and realized that doesnt apply to what creeps do at all. Maybe the other way around. I couldnt help but see some of myself in that video... It strengthened my belief that maybe 1 can conquer many. Thank you nameless stranger for your encouragement =]

When HD hits I will do as I have always done. I will level my main to cap, then hit the moors. Followed by the casual lvling of my alts. I havent read any of the changes, (I like to be surprised) so I dont know whats coming. No matter if its the nerf hammer, nasty opness, or balance. I will be here.
    Odd you would mention me then if it was boring, that dosent make a whole lot of sense but have no fear I have very low expectations. Im curious, will you run specific content in PVE for your burg meat shields or will you venture out on your own? I don't freep on ark so am unaware of the culture other then what I gather from TS, so do tell. Im sure since I matter very little to you, I mean you find my narratives boring, you wont elaborate much but a yes or no will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Odd you would mention me then if it was boring, that dosent make a whole lot of sense but have no fear I have very low expectations. Im curious, will you run specific content in PVE for your burg meat shields or will you venture out on your own? I don't freep on ark so am unaware of the culture other then what I gather from TS, so do tell. Im sure since I matter very little to you, I mean you find my narratives boring, you wont elaborate much but a yes or no will do.
    What's PVE?
    Rastlan R13 Burg , Rasial R8 Loremaster, Reistlan R9 Runekeeper, Keshern R9 Hunter

If it's really depressing like - farming boring, overly easy fights for gold items - I've contemplated deleting my toon - yet again. Next time you see me, I might become Beardrinker :P

But seriously - the class changes seem pretty interesting/fun - but the content just seems like a slap in the face- especially considering when I left lotro I was all about being the best and doing the hardest challenges in game - now, there's nothing to spike my interest anymore. So, at the end of the day I guess I will just be drinking beer regardless of which way the game goes. Although, this constant gearing towards a solo-based MMO is not at all what an MMO (to me) is supposed to be about. Alas, maybe that's why I've become more of a heavy drinker than before. lol

I have bought 3 months of game time to check out the new changes, as for me I think the game really needed them. If I like the changes, then maybe I'll buy HD and play some more. If not, I'll let my time run out and keep playing GW2.

Good to see a lot of familiar faces still around . The one thing I still miss about this game no matter what else I play is the community. Can't replace how great it was to make friends with people here.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

So I do agree the class changes will be exciting and I've been playing this game long enough to continue to purchase the expansion.

HOWEVER

The problem remains:
    80% of the time if you go out to the ettenmoors it is dead. Maybe you'll find a greenie here or there, but there is virtually no sustainable action outside of Eastern Prime time. "But Loki!", you might ask, "what do you mean sustainable action!?!". Well my friends I mean that you need to ask yourselves this question, when you log in are you jumping right into some fights or are you spending the majority of your time looking for it? If there is a player base out and you continue to get fights, then its sustainable. If you spend 30 minutes and you kill one person and then they log off, then its not.

Sure we can have some good RaidvsRaid during prime time. But the raids are deminished in size (how often do you see full 24's man running around?), the fights aren't "action-packed" enough to hold most peoples attention and most of the player base has been reduced to people who are casually checking out the game and never re-appearing again.

So really when HD comes and all this stays the same what's next?
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    So really when HD comes and all this stays the same what's next?
    "Look....over there! It's....Rank....17...."

Old man: "shaddup noob...I see a greenie at Hoarhollow"

Until people's attitude towards pvp in this server change, doubt it will ever get better.

Considering that will be unlikely, either a massive exodus or transfers from other servers must occur for things to change.

So, it will probably stay the same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast