We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[PLAY] Of Love And Riches - Repeat Of Third GOAT Play

Three years after its debut, the Grand Order Acting Troupe are pleased to finally announce a repeat performance of their third, epic play "Of Love and Riches".

Date: November 9th, 2013

Time: 7:30PM UK time / 2:30pm Server Time

Event details:

As with the original performance, this will open-air play, being performed outside the (still currently locked) gateway to the Far Downs, just west of Michel Delving. All hobbits are welcome to come, as are well-behaved dwarves and lankyshanks (although lankyshanks are requested to stand at the back so as not to obscure the view for the short-folk).

If you missed it first time round, or have had your memory dimmed in the intervening years, the play is an amusing tale about... Love! Adventure! Riches! And.... well, you will just have to come again to find out!

Please try and arrive around 15 minutes before the play is due to start to allow time to settle.

We hope to see many of you there!

- Signed
    Tula, Simbo and Lina

OOC details:

Please be aware of the pesky chat bug which results in some players not being able to hear what another player says in open say. To resolve this, simply walk close enough to the other player for a short time until you can hear them, and once you can hear, you can then return to your original spot and should still be able to hear them.
    Last edited by Piem; Oct 29 2013 at 11:52 AM.
    Simbo Rumblebelly
    Gardener, Adventurer and Pie-Lover

Only a few more days to go! It is this Saturday, November 9th!

Today, we are also happy to announce that our music friends from Landroval, The Andune Ensemble, will visit our lands this night. Right after the play, them will play a selection of their tunes for the audience. So I hope a lot of yer come on by, enjoy the play, then dance the night away!

Oh, and here is a poster for the event, made by master Speckles!

Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow

Land of Hamlet
    This looks awesome, thanks.
    "The turtle is my trinket". Founder of Club Slowtro.
    Tolkien fan and LOTRO completionist, taking my time to see all the places. Clabauterman on Steam.

Tonight! Welcome!

This was a very amusing play, thank you so much for performing it! I suppose it was first staged long ago, when us folks from Landroval couldn't attend.

If this was the third GOAT play, then does that mean that there are two others? Might we have revivals of them, too, please?
    Perlina Greystone, Proprietor
    Oak n' Barrel Pub
    (The Bounders' pub in Addernotch)

"Tellin' Mister Lyonardo he can wear whatever he wants is like giving a crossbow to badger!" -Lilythorn of the Bounders

Glad yer enjoyed it! So far, GOAT has performed five plays, including our pirate musical last March.

The first two plays ("The strangest of fish" and "An apple a day") have seen several performances already. So, although GOAT plans are as fickle as ever, the likely next step is a re-performance of our fourth play, "In Search of Hope".

And, perhaps a brand new one? We'll just see how it goes!

Oslo, Norway
    Truly enjoyed!! you guys in Strollers are stars!
    Achazia Songweaver
    Songwriter in The Shades. Listen to my music at Soundcloud and Radio Rivendell
    Contributor at Lotro Players
    The Shadows