We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

no internet connectivity says downloder but internet is working

what to do it says the same for ava, crossfire downloaders

can we get a response on this topic? I have been getting the same error for every client download. I am unable to download because of this.
    There is absolutely no resolution to this that I could find.

Have you checked your firewall? You need to make sure that the downloader, or indeed an program, is allowed to make external connections.
    [COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]

definitely not firewall or router firewall as ive temporarily disabled both.

same problem here too... can we get this fixed please?

The way I fixed it was to launch my internet browser and connect to a web site. Apparently the downloader can't do the initial connection to my ISP when I am not using my internet such as when I start my PC up. Adobe's downloader has the same problem. Once in a while Steam will fail to connect.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Yes, I was having the same problem. Although taking the advice of the poster above me, I simply opened my browser to www.lotro.com and then tried the application again. Worked just fine. Thanks for the suggestion.

Okay.. tried opening a web browser: chrome, IE, FF (even tried Opera and no one uses that) - pointed each one to the lotro site and even tried them all open together. No dice.

I managed to download pando media booster, installed it, tested connection and all ports PASS - still no dice.

Allowed all ports, all network interfaces and all files on my firewall. Turned the firewall off again - still no dice.

Put in port forwarding on my router for the specific ports that pando and lotro uses - opened them both inbound and outbound both TCP and UDP. Again... no dice.

Ran the files (lotrohigh.exe and PMB.exe) in compatibility mode, unblocked them, as administrator, even gave them highest priority in my processes list. Dice not found.

I'm totally diceless.

Using Windows 7 ultimate.

Massive fail Turbine. Massive fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgar View Post
    Okay.. tried opening a web browser: chrome, IE, FF (even tried Opera and no one uses that) - pointed each one to the lotro site and even tried them all open together. No dice.

I managed to download pando media booster, installed it, tested connection and all ports PASS - still no dice.

Allowed all ports, all network interfaces and all files on my firewall. Turned the firewall off again - still no dice.

Put in port forwarding on my router for the specific ports that pando and lotro uses - opened them both inbound and outbound both TCP and UDP. Again... no dice.

Ran the files (lotrohigh.exe and PMB.exe) in compatibility mode, unblocked them, as administrator, even gave them highest priority in my processes list. Dice not found.

I'm totally diceless.

Using Windows 7 ultimate.

Massive fail Turbine. Massive fail.
    first thing to do is completely uninstall pando, it is no longer used and will really mess you up.

try uninstalling and then reinstalling your firewall. then set it to allow lotroclient and turbineinvoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazmat View Post
    first thing to do is completely uninstall pando, it is no longer used and will really mess you up.

try uninstalling and then reinstalling your firewall. then set it to allow lotroclient and turbineinvoker.
    Thanks for the suggestions... but it started working all by itself a few days ago. No idea why. I had given up tinkering after setting my hardware firewall and all settings back to normal again for one last try and it still didn't work. A day or two later, it started working out of the blue.

I think Turbine or the Pando guys must have fed their hamsters or something... but whatever they did worked.