We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Replacing my current case, any suggestions?

Hello,
    First of all: I'm not sure if this is the right section, this forum doesn't have any clear "Hardware discussion/support" section.
    This is also my first post, so sorry if I do something wrong.
    On to the point:
    I have a $150 budget for a new case. I'd prefer to spend as little as possible, but I also want to get a good case.
    I recently had to replace my power supply because the old one died, and my case was so cramped that I had to remove the optical drive bay just to access the hard drive cages to route the molex cable through there.
    My current specifications are:
    Processor: AMD FX 8150
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 2AC8 (Micro ATX, AMD 970 chipset)
    Memory: 10GB (2x4gb, 1x2gb) unknown brand, 1066MHz
    Hard drive: Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 SCSI
    Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7950
    Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II Bronze 620w
    I was looking at the NZXT Phantom Series (Specifically the 530), but I have a few questions:
    My current case is pretty small (A Micro ATX mid-tower), and the rear audio port plugs are just 5 inch extension cables, will this work with a full tower case like the Phantom 530, or do I have to buy cables?
    Are there any other large mid tower/small full tower cases that you'd recommend? (Remember, it needs Micro ATX motherboard support)
    Thanks for the help.

Although the Arc Midi R2 is a good case, it's not really the style I'm looking for. I don't mind minimalistic cases, but I prefer the styling like the Phantom series.
    Also, the link you posted is for actual micro-ATX case. I want a mid tower/full tower that supports micro-ATX motherboards. I'll check out that site though.
    Last edited by Tezliov; Oct 28 2013 at 08:52 PM.

[size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Most Corsair and Fractal Design cases are quite nice but if your looking for something a little off the beaten path I'd check out

Phanteks Enthoo Primo

It might be a tad over budget though
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][I]Bardori Warsong of The Lonely Mountain[/I][/B][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][I]Proud Officer in [URL="http://www.radixlecti.eu"]Radix Lecti[/URL][/I][/B][/FONT][/CENTER]

in case OP didn't get a response, all ATX mid/full cases should have the mounting holes in the motherboard tray to support mATX boards.