We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Drumming Emote

Question Drumming Emote

i see peeps doing drumming like you know air guitar but they're doing drumming, where do they get that emote.

i asked someone who was doing it and they didn't' reply, and i know it wasn't afk cuz it was on glff talking, i guess some don't want to share knowledge.

Is not a emote. He have a Drum musical instrument & was playing it.
    If the player didn't reply to you, when you adressed him, he may have beeing afk. Also some players seriously hate that random strangers talk to them. They can dissable incoming tells from anyone that isn't on their friend list or kinship.

they didn't have that drum at all, the animation "she" the hobbit, i said she cuz it was femlae hobbit, but the animation is the same animation as the drum you do from the Grandstairs boss with the trolls.

Maybe it was the "use" animation, that looks similar but there is no drum emote.

Quote Originally Posted by morrowbreeze View Post
    It is an emote of course, but you must have the drum in your inv, and must be mentored in drum use to work it. Ask in your kin for more details. In our kin, we are slowly giving out these drums to our kinnies and we use them primarily for "encore" requests at music events. It is getting pretty exciting to see a dozen audience members doing air drums.

For some reason its all a pretty closely guarded secret, and I aint gonna leak it.
    That is what i said first & it is not a secret:
    Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Is not a emote. He have a Drum musical instrument & was playing it.
    If the player didn't reply to you, when you adressed him, he may have beeing afk. Also some players seriously hate that random strangers talk to them. They can dissable incoming tells from anyone that isn't on their friend list or kinship.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoohooham View Post
    i see peeps doing drumming like you know air guitar but they're doing drumming, where do they get that emote.

i asked someone who was doing it and they didn't' reply, and i know it wasn't afk cuz it was on glff talking, i guess some don't want to share knowledge.

I'm sending you a PM.

And, to those who believe he means the normal "playing a drum" emote, he's talking about the animation that looks like you're playing "bongo drums" but aren't holding a drum.

-Goldrush

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldrushSE View Post
    I'm sending you a PM.

And, to those who believe he means the normal "playing a drum" emote, he's talking about the animation that looks like you're playing "bongo drums" but aren't holding a drum.

-Goldrush
    Can you send me one as well, entailing how I get this? Thanks!
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Pretty sure it's one of the drums you can pick up near Dorozg the Beast Tamer in the Grand Stair instance.

Here you can see some people in the audience doing it in this video, around 0:40 seconds in.

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    Pretty sure it's one of the drums you can pick up near Dorozg the Beast Tamer in the Grand Stair instance.

Here you can see some people in the audience doing it in this video, around 0:40 seconds in.

As the proverbial cat is now out of the proverbial bag, yes, it's the drum you can pick up in the Grand Stair.

-Goldrush

Quote Originally Posted by morrowbreeze View Post
    It is an emote of course, but you must have the drum in your inv, and must be mentored in drum use to work it. Ask in your kin for more details. In our kin, we are slowly giving out these drums to our kinnies and we use them primarily for "encore" requests at music events. It is getting pretty exciting to see a dozen audience members doing air drums.

For some reason its all a pretty closely guarded secret, and I aint gonna leak it.
    What a lovely attitude to espouse, publicly flaunting knowledge of some secret only to snap it shut in people's faces.

My sincere apologies to you and others who are offended by my post. I will remove it.
    [URL="http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Nibli/media/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae340/Nibli/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Landroval Server
    Officer of The Lonely Mountain Band
    Whilst cooking for Elevensies, Tinki floors 2 Orcs with her frying pan and fresh caught fish. The frying pan critted for 18 hp and the fish was extra tender afterwards.

Smile

I want to know it too. Please write me a pm

Thanks

^ It's not a secret.

There are two of these drums inside Dorozg the Beast Tamers room in the Grand Stairs instance. Just run in to the room, pick them up and run away with them

I can't pick them up. I only can use them...
    What is wrong? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_X View Post
    I can't pick them up. I only can use them...
    What is wrong? ^^
    Select a drum.
    Right-click on the selection frame, the target frame of your selection... the place where vitals of your target appear.
    Select "pick up" or something similar.
    Ishtarien - Captain 105
    Ishtarel - HNT 105 / Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Lunasa - MNS 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship - [EN] Eldar -> [EN] Evernight

Why was this ever considered a secret that should have been kept from other players? Is it an unintended exploit or something?

Obviously that is an element in the game that was intended to be associated to orcs and the like, only. The programmers used the 'music' emote for it, and linked it to orcs drums. At some point someone wanted free people to interact with orc drums and forgot (or didn't know about) that other interaction or could imagine what players would make of them, and this specific drum became an object that could be collected.

The outcome was anything but intended. I guess they left it as is because it doesn't interfere with crucial elements of the gameplay, and looks rather funny.

Whenever there should be a quest that requires drumming on orc drums in a given, very dangerous spot, they will change this for sure.

Greetings, Polymachos

Quote Originally Posted by Whart View Post
    Why was this ever considered a secret that should have been kept from other players? Is it an unintended exploit or something?
    Things like this being brought to the attention of the majority end up getting patched out of the game.

For example - /groundroll emote.

You used to be able to mix it with other emotes and also do /groundroll WHILE fighting mobs. It was glorious, funny, FUN and didn't hurt anyone. But they patched it out of the game. (Not the emote, just the "fun" things you could do with it)

No Fun Allowed as they say.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

For my part, I'm sick to death of them, and all the other emotes used to grief me while I'm trying to play music. Ignoring the offenders has no effect, so the noise drowns out what I'm playing. For that matter, I'm also rather sick of the canon-violating emotes, the giant fire dragon, the cockroaches, the explosions and other stupid immersion breaking things added to this game "because it's 'cool.'" It's not cool, it's stupid and annoying.

Tired of it all.