We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Do mobs remove food effects? It seems to be happening.

Is this new? Mobs can remove your food effects? It has happened to me at least 10 times now during basic on-level tier 1 skirmish. I'm just going to skirm without food I guess. Can't possibly go through that much food. It takes me about 10-15 min to get through a skirm, and the food should last 10 min. It takes about 3-4 refreshes of food to get through just one skirm. What's the deal? Is this a new feature of mobs?

If so, does it apply to scrolls of battle/warding lore?

Not sure I've ever seen this effect before. I hope it's a bug.

I seem to recall that you die in skirms. A lot. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...on-level-skirm

When you die, you lose your buffs, such as food, scrolls, hope tokens, etc.

Do you even need consumables in skirmishes? I had never needed any and I did fine.

OT: Never had any consumables removed from me except when I die *cough* Moors *cough*, or when they expire.
    [COLOR="#669966"][center][size=1]Mildford - R9 Hunter • Support - R7 LM
    The Storm Crusaders • Gladden[/size][/center][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    I seem to recall that you die in skirms. A lot. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...on-level-skirm

When you die, you lose your buffs, such as food, scrolls, hope tokens, etc.
    Bless your heart, you remembered!

This time it's not related to death. This is my much neglected guardian who was only in the 30s, and been there for almost 3 years. Decided to get him updated and out of the craft hall.

Anyway, no, it's not related to dying. Making it all the way through without dying. Just the food effect is gone, very often. In case it matters, it's Shire Rations.

If that's not a known effect, then I guess I'll /bug it.
    Last edited by gripply; Feb 10 2014 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gripply View Post
    In case it matters, it's Shire Rations.
    Shire Rations (normal version) lasts 5 minutes. Superior Shire Rations (crit version) lasts 10 minutes. Is it possible you were using the crit version before and the normal version now? Would account for needing to use it more often.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    Shire Rations (normal version) lasts 5 minutes. Superior Shire Rations (crit version) lasts 10 minutes. Is it possible you were using the crit version before and the normal version now? Would account for needing to use it more often.
    As you can imagine I was paying close attention to the time and the statistics of the food . It was 10 minute Superior food. Seemed like after every Lieutenant, it would be gone. It took a while to notice the effect because at first I was thinking... boy he recovers slowly, even with food... then I started looking at the buffs on him. I'd eat, fight a fight, finish the waves of counterattacks, and then look again, and it was gone. For a few more runs, I kept just eating between fights, but I was running out quickly.

Just out of curiosity, what skirmish was this? If I have time tonight and I remember, I'll try to replicate it.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Mildford View Post
    OT: Never had any consumables removed from me except when I die *cough* Moors *cough*, or when they expire.
    At lower level, your Fate is not great enough to recover Power quickly outside combat, and it's a pain to get your morale up because Fate does not care for your morale generation outside of combat too. It may be different if you run with Herbalist, though.

Btw, why does the OP need to use the in-combat regen food which last for 10m at the best? Why not using vendor rep out-combat regen food from Bree, Lone-land, Evendim and Moria? They all last for 30 minutes, and greater version of them can achieve though cooking.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

I tested running a skirm last night (Necromancer's gate, solo, tier 3, level 95) and used a variety of foods. Never once did I see a food buff expire before it was supposed to.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    At lower level, your Fate is not great enough to recover Power quickly outside combat, and it's a pain to get your morale up because Fate does not care for your morale generation outside of combat too. It may be different if you run with Herbalist, though.

Btw, why does the OP need to use the in-combat regen food which last for 10m at the best? Why not using vendor rep out-combat regen food from Bree, Lone-land, Evendim and Moria? They all last for 30 minutes, and greater version of them can achieve though cooking.
    I hadn't thought of using that food. Thanks.