We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Macros allowed?

Exclamation Macros allowed?

are mouse macros allowed in game?

i hear of people using mouse macro to farm crops and leveling up through farming, is that allowed?

also i read from other forum user posts, that turbine allows third-party macros, and of course multiboxing.
    Where exactly do they say that??? i need direct link to that statement.

Also something about the only macros they say are not allowed are the ones that allow unattended play.

what would be considered unattended?

examples.

-farming crops using macro, but someone could just say they are sitting in front of pc.

-attacking and clicking ready on ready checks while doing Horse lord farming.

I've actively tried to get four farm-field macro users banned (successfully).

If they want free-of-work levels, they can just plant crops forever.

When they also farm crests and cash away from keyboard, to me that's into botting territory and makes me fume.

i know that stuff already happens, i just want to know where exactly they say they allow third party macros etc..................

also i read from other forum user posts, that turbine allows third-party macros, and of course multiboxing.
    Where exactly do they say that??? i need direct link to that statement.

Also something about the only macros they say are not allowed are the ones that allow unattended play.

what would be considered unattended?
    code of conduct says.

18. You may not create, post, use or distribute any utilities, emulators or other third party software tools without the express written permission of Turbine (including, without limitation, macroing programs, botting programs, server emulators, client hacks, map hacks, and data gathering utilities).

If there is some sort of grey area, I suggest reporting when some behaviour disturbs you or your game - no need to hesitate unless you fear you're going into harassment territory.

Let the GM/support cite or define the policy.

The long-term, unattended ones, typically have to locate very near the farmer in order to repair their tools.
    They can't keep a bunch of tools in their bags, or their bags get full faster than they would like.

Of course they could still be there, attending, and you can't find out for certain from an unanswered tell. Only a GM could find out for sure.
    So anyone standing near the farmer and farming the highest tier crops might be suspect, but you'll never know. Only the GM will, and they won't tell you if any action was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    The long-term, unattended ones, typically have to locate very near the farmer in order to repair their tools.
    They can't keep a bunch of tools in their bags, or their bags get full faster than they would like.

Of course they could still be there, attending, and you can't find out for certain from an unanswered tell. Only a GM could find out for sure.
    So anyone standing near the farmer and farming the highest tier crops might be suspect, but you'll never know. Only the GM will, and they won't tell you if any action was taken.
    Even without a macro going, a player can plant many crops and skip the harvest if they are just looking for the basic level up. Sending a private /tell won't necessarily get a reply from a player planting 100. When in doubt contact a GM and let them handle it.

Attended keyboard macros are not against the TOS/COC. Never leave your keyboard unattended, read a book or watch TV if you are doing something repetitive in the game that uses a macro. You can however set your explorer to pounding ores and ingots while /afk because those are in-game functions and not macros.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

so....................

what if i wanted to make a video on how to actually use a mouse macro to level up while farming crops and say only do this while your infront of your computer and then post it on a huge video site, is that allowed?

and also what if i wanted to make a video of how to use a mouse macro clicking the ready on ready checks?..... but then saying.... oh make sure you do this only if your in front of your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    Attended keyboard macros are not against the TOS/COC.
    This is only partially correct. Even if you are at the keyboard, if you are running a macro that can play the game by itself then you are violating the rules against using macros and will be banned. It's not whether you did walk away and allowed it to play the game for you, it's whether or not you can walk away and allow it to play the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoohooham View Post
    so....................

what if i wanted to make a video on how to actually use a mouse macro to level up while farming crops and say only do this while your infront of your computer and then post it on a huge video site, is that allowed?

and also what if i wanted to make a video of how to use a mouse macro clicking the ready on ready checks?..... but then saying.... oh make sure you do this only if your in front of your computer.

You would be giving others some very bad advice which can get them banned. The criteria Turbine uses is whether or not the macro can play the game by itself. If the answer is yes, then it is not allowed.

It is also forbidden to use third party software to interact with the game client. So even if a macro requires your interaction, it can still be against the rules to use. The general rule is that if it gives you an advantage in the game then you can't use it.

kk, thank you