We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafting Kinships

The LotRO Crafting System is set up to necessitate interdependence between the vocations. This in turn, helps to nurture more effective communication and meaningful interaction between players. Crafting better equips characters, furthermore, to complete task objectives, and can greatly enhance all other aspects of the game. Crafting can slow down the game's pace considerably, however, and for this reason is sometimes neglected or altogether overlooked. Nevertheless, crafting remains an integral part of LotRO which can uniquely broaden one's understanding of the game's mechanics.

I am curious to learn more about Crafting Kinships out there. I understand that this is not the Kinship Forum, so I apologize in advance. Due to the specificity of this subject, it seems better purposed here.

If you belong to a Crafting Kinship:

- Did you come to understand crafting as being important to you before deciding to find others who shared your enthusiasm?
    - Did you start your own kinship with crafting as your primary directive, and was this the result of not finding a suitable kinship?
    - What is the name of your kinship and what server are you on?
    - What does your kinship do to leverage the burden of grinding, especially with regard to Unsupported Professions?
    - Is helping to facilitate the distribution of resources important to your kinship?
    - How is crafting progress measured by your kinship, if at all, and how does crafting effect or direct any requirements that may be set by your kinship?

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Breeon; Oct 31 2013 at 04:23 AM. Reason: formatting
    Connection failed: Client timed out the connection

I feel that you have misunderstood this subject.

I think what you're referring to is actually the Crafting Guild system.

I've never heard of a player-created Kinship dedicated to crafting.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Crafting Kinships, Defined (per Lotro Lorebook)

Note:

In referring to "the LotRO Crafting System" I mean crafting in general.. ALL aspects of it.. as a System pertaining to LotRO. This includes Vocations, which are comprised of Professions (Primary Production Professions, supported by Secondary Gathering Professions, and a third Unsupported Profession which can be an additional Gathering Profession, as is the case with Explorer-Prospectors or Woodsmen-Farmers, for example.), Recipes, Mats, etc.

In referring to "the LotRO Crafting System" I am ALSO referring to Crafting GUILDS, which are separate from, though related to Crafting Professions.

In referring to "the LotRO Crafting System" (i.e. all aspects concerning crafting) I do not in any way mean to imply that a player's singular successes as a crafter are necessarily dependent on a kinship ("a player-created kinship dedicated to crafting," or that they should be.

That being said, my understanding of a "Crafting Kinship" is any group of players who have formally united and organized for the shared purpose of assisting one another to excel in their crafting abilities.

With regard to the Lotro Lorebook, Crafting Kinships were defined as such:

Crafting Kinships:

"A crafting kinship's primary requirement is that all members have a crafting profession, and develop that profession to the fullest. They are set up to facilitate exchange of resources and components between members to further this goal.

Crafting kinship members, individually or as a group, may participate in questing, role playing, raids, and/or PvMP, but their primary focus will be on developing their crafting professions, and they are generally not expected to meet any other game play requirements.

Crafting kinships may or may not place certain limitations on potential members with regard to profession, or profession level, during recruitment drives.

Crafting kinships may also have certain membership restrictions with regard to age, or other considerations.

Note: Kinships that place any other game play requirements on their membership, or who simply promote and/or encourage crafting, should not be categorized as crafting kinships. For example, a kinship that requires that all members participate in raids, even though it may also place a heavy emphasis on or require its members to have crafting professions, should not be placed in the crafting category."

(Original Source: Lotro Community Lorebook; http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Categ...fting_Kinships)

In Closing: "Player-Created Kinships Dedicated to Crafting" ARE exactly who I am reaching out to.
    Last edited by Breeon; Oct 29 2013 at 08:15 PM.

This Thread has since been moved to the Kinship Forum. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

I got lawyered!
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    I feel that you have misunderstood this subject.

I think what you're referring to is actually the Crafting Guild system.

I've never heard of a player-created Kinship dedicated to crafting.
    i have a Kin on Meneldor that i own and run, Strictly for crafting purposes. Adventuring and questing is optional and not necessary. My Kin House is located in the Bree Homestead

I'm not certain how many larger ones are out there, but I think there are quite a few small crafting-oriented kinships for player alts.

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=#ff0000]Currently serving [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Brecfes[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000] on every world....[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]