We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Three times in half an hour.

Thats how many times the pop up for the bounders quest and Fall quest popped up on my screen in the half hour I played tonight on my level 11 guard.

Look Turbine. I have no intention of playing everyone of my alts at the festival, ok? It makes me dread festivals now.

Geez.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Totally Agree.....It pops up every time I get 5 bounders tokens

You couldn't annoy me any more if you tried.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brodrick View Post
    Totally Agree.....It pops up every time I get 5 bounders tokens

You couldn't annoy me any more if you tried.....
    Move it to the lower bottom left of your screen. Easier to ignore that way.

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
    I never thought of that. That's a good idea!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

While we're at it, I'd really like to be able to configure all manner of "notifications" in LOTRO, and there's a reason why nearly every notification system in any piece of software people like to use can be configured. Some people don't mind getting little "nags" in their face routinely, but some of us hate it with a passion. If something is extremely important, fine. Notify me. But getting a new quest bestowed on me, completing a deed worth 5 TP, or a level up on an LI aren't "extremely important". If I want to see what quests I have, I'll look, and I do that routinely. If I want to see what the level is on my LI, I'll look. If I want to see if my TP has gone up recently, I'll look.

The only notification I want to see as a matter of routine is when one of my LIs needs to be re-forged. So please... let me configure these.

Khafar

5 Bounder toked reminder disappears, if you do the quest once. Same for festival reminder. Deliver it, then return to your previous actions.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter_of_Bree View Post
    5 Bounder toked reminder disappears, if you do the quest once.
    Per character. It's annoying, and I'd like to have a checkbox telling the game to stop notifying me about bestowed quests. And LI level-ups. And completed deeds. And earned TP. And nearly everything else.

Khafar

5 Bounder toked reminder disappears, if you do the quest once. Same for festival reminder. Deliver it, then return to your previous actions.

But I don't want to do that for every character I play. It's annoying.

I had to do it twice to get it to stop coming back. Same with the festival. I'm sure a few more days and I'll have to do the festival again. That is the way it has been in the last year or so.

Makes one long for the good old days when all you got was an in game mail with an invite.

Finishing a quest that only exists in order to show you where the Bounders Bounty is being held should be once per account. If I were to finish it on every character, I would lose 80 bounder tokens, not to mention the wasted trip to Michel Delving where there is nothing more to do. Besides, finishing it once is no guarantee the thing will not pop up offering a second/third/fourth chance to finish it again. This is a quest that has a cost greater than the reward for me.

The Fall Festival quest, on the other hand, rewards me with at least 5 bounders tokens, and the xp for finishing a quest at the character's level. It has already appeared twice since the festival's launch, but it is a quick freebie that I don't mind seeing over and over because it actually has value.

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    While we're at it, I'd really like to be able to configure all manner of "notifications" in LOTRO, and there's a reason why nearly every notification system in any piece of software people like to use can be configured. Some people don't mind getting little "nags" in their face routinely, but some of us hate it with a passion. If something is extremely important, fine. Notify me. But getting a new quest bestowed on me, completing a deed worth 5 TP, or a level up on an LI aren't "extremely important". If I want to see what quests I have, I'll look, and I do that routinely. If I want to see what the level is on my LI, I'll look. If I want to see if my TP has gone up recently, I'll look.

The only notification I want to see as a matter of routine is when one of my LIs needs to be re-forged. So please... let me configure these.

Khafar

Yup, totally agree. Reality has insufferable mass marketing, take car insurance commercials on TV. We get it, you're selling auto insurance, now please stop. But they don't, and it's mind numbing and relentless. So we escape to Middle Earth annnnndd...FESTIVAL FESTIVAL FESTIVAL PRESENT PRESENT PRESENT just why? The slaved over many artistic details and brought about a realm you can get lost in, and then they just poop on it. Tis a shame.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    But I don't want to do that for every character I play. It's annoying.
    Just accepts it and hide it deep in the bowels of your dark quest log!
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
    That would block my chat box, thus making it more noticeable

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post

Khafar
    Precisely. This notification system is a big PITA! Other than reforging the only items I'd have alert for is mail & low # of traveling rations. It is galling when you're lagging so bad you can't even hardly move straight and that alert box is dinging just to tell you 'Reduced Awareness'! No $&#* sherlock!

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    I accept it, and then I remove it from my tracker. I do this every single time I log into any character, but it disregards my earlier command to remove from tracker, because every single time I log in, I have to remove it from the tracker again as if it is a whole new quest auto-bestowed upon log in. It needs to check if I already have it but it does not do this check. It is so so so annoying because I feel like the game itself is trying to swindle me out of 5 tokens every time I log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Thats how many times the pop up for the bounders quest and Fall quest popped up on my screen in the half hour I played tonight on my level 11 guard.
    Look Turbine. I have no intention of playing everyone of my alts at the festival, ok? It makes me dread festivals now.
    THANK YOU! My god, I am so sick of that damned quest popping up every five minutes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000889b7/01005/signature.png]Perigard[/charsig]

Anytime you switch alts, level up, map... just about everything sets it off. I cancelled that thing at least a hundred times. At least with the bounders tokens, I finally caved in and spent the 5 bounders tokens per alt to get it to shut up. I can confirm that (thankfully) turning in that breadcrumb quest does not start the bounders token deed.

In general: You don't really notice that the giant quest notification thingy is in the way until you're being notified of something and it's, you know, actually in the way. At which point it doesn't seem to be grabbable to move because it wants to take your click as an acceptance, not a drag. I think what finally worked for me is: 1) turn off automatic acceptance of auto-bestowed quests, 2) relog, 3) turn down the auto-bestowed quests, 4) ctrl+\ and move the quest notification thing out of the way, 5) turn automatic acceptance back on -- for things like warbands it's kinda handy not having to hit accept at just the wrong time.

Cheers,

--
    Torskald of Gladden

You know, I saw the title of this thread and it never occured to me that it was about something to do with the game. I thought Nymphonic was just bragging.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    I tried this, but each time I log on the characters who haven't completed it the quest is offered to me all over again. I guess it gets removed from the quest log when I log off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameranth View Post
    You know, I saw the title of this thread and it never occured to me that it was about something to do with the game. I thought Nymphonic was just bragging.
    Several times today someone has made a funny post that made me laugh in RL! I'm laughing now as I type this. ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylrisson View Post
    I tried this, but each time I log on the characters who haven't completed it the quest is offered to me all over again. I guess it gets removed from the quest log when I log off.

Same here. Grrrr.......

Having tried accepting the Quest, turning in a few of the tokens and then finding the nagging returns, my solution has been to beat my keyboard to smithereens with clenched fists, scream 'No, No, No, No!' and swear like a drunken Rohirrim at the top of my voice.

A tried & tested technique developed during the closed Beta rubber-banding era, and fine tuned in subsequent years.
    Nobby Nobbs - Landroval immigrant.
    Kin leader of The Meat Pie Collective, closed Beta Member, Founder and all-round good egg.

The Bounty thing is going away when Helm's Deep launches....isn't it? Please say it's true??!!

Now if only the festival one had an expiry date. And not the date when the festival finally drags out and finishes.

I used to love festivals. It was a fun break to run around and do goofy little quests and play games. After going on 7 years of them, I'm bored. I'm not going to take every character to do the same games again. I don't want to be told every time a character logs in, levels up, maps to a new zone that yes indeed, the same old boring festival is STILL going on. No matter how many times you nag me, I'm NOT GOING!

I really don't want to hide the quest notification button for the times when it notifies me that I actually do have a genuinely new quest. I don't want to uncheck auto-accepting new quests, because in the later zones you don't dare not accept everything lest you get off the rails and find yourself unable to find half the quests in a zone.

I just want them not to apply this mechanic to the wretched festivals!