We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Didn't realize how big of a waste of money the Color packs for a war-steed are.

Just wanted to actually see what a color pack gave me.
    But after I wasted 600 tp on it, I can now say it is not worth it...
    Maybe if it was 50% forever, It would be worth it, otherwise, try to keep you
    wallet closed when it comes to things like that...lol
    Lord of the Valar!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000115904/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Is it per character or all your war steeds across one account?

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Is it per character or all your war steeds across one account?
    Per character. If it was account-wide, the price wouldn't be so disagreeable.

Yup War-steed colour packs are way too expensive for a per-character fluff purchase. We tried to tell Turbine as much last year in the Riders of Rohan beta, but the price didn'r get dropped (or the items made account-wide).

Either enough people must be buying them to be worth keeping them that high, or Turbine is being stubborn and doesn't want to drop the price to a point which would result in more transactions taking place.
    [SIZE=3][b]Leader of [COLOR="#FFD700"]The Rangers of Eriador[/COLOR], Snowbourn[/b][/SIZE]
    [color=#00BF00]Brya, Balthelion, Fyore, Iarngard, Madic, Eoradain, Trystana, Pendalas, Kharmul, Arkunir, Holibrand, Tifridh, Freawyn, Adlanniel, Tiraniel, Lilija, Theda[/color]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0szyANQhriMn42fCDdke1EMAOcdzmr9v"]Let's Play LOTRO (YouTube Series)[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?461498-The-Rangers-of-Eriador"]Kin Info/Recruitment[/URL]

I made the mistake of buying one when it was first released, thinking it was account bound. Not making that mistake again.

The colour packs are much too expensive for me, especially since they're packs. I only want one colour per war steed so I hope they split them so you can buy them separately.

Do you have to buy all war steed colours in the Store, or can you get some in game from quests and such too?
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    The colour packs are much too expensive for me, especially since they're packs. I only want one colour per war steed so I hope they split them so you can buy them separately.

Do you have to buy all war steed colours in the Store, or can you get some in game from quests and such too?
    Only in the store.

There is one skin cosmetic that drops randomly from warband spoils boxes; it's a spotted hide appearance (looks rather like a leopard Appaloosa). It overlays your warsteed with white and lets the default gray colour come through as spots. If you've already bought a colour pack to dye your horse black, brown, etc., then it overlays whichever colour you've dyed your horse and lets that colour through as the spots.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield in [i]The Hobbit, or There and Back Again[/i] by J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris99 View Post
    Only in the store.

There is one skin cosmetic that drops randomly from warband spoils boxes; it's a spotted hide appearance (looks rather like a leopard Appaloosa). It overlays your warsteed with white and lets the default gray colour come through as spots. If you've already bought a colour pack to dye your horse black, brown, etc., then it overlays whichever colour you've dyed your horse and lets that colour through as the spots.
    Thanks for the info!

Well, it's good that there's at least one, but I think they should have a couple more that we could get through quests or something. And most importantly: Please separate the warsteed colours, Turbine! Please please please!
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

In front of puter. Thanks, online games. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    Thanks for the info!

Well, it's good that there's at least one, but I think they should have a couple more that we could get through quests or something. And most importantly: Please separate the warsteed colours, Turbine! Please please please!
    I agree with previous posters that that price in the Store is *way* too high.
    Crickhollow---Citridyla, Ythrondis, and Hraf. Meneldor--Dockerson, Kariadriel and Thasgar. Gladden--Gamoskorin, Henessy, and Lanthreldras. Firefoot--Amberson and Liedvar. Brandywine--Audny, Egilwine, and Gardihauk. I'm an altoholic, pie-eating fool! :)

I agree that the colour packs are over-priced, but I doubt we're ever going to see more than an occasional sale. If you look around in the higher zones, it's pretty obvious that there are plenty of people who are buying them at the current price. As long as that's true, it's highly unlikely that the regular price is ever going to come down. Likewise, why would they let you buy one colour for a lower price when they can sell a high-priced package containing the colour you want?

When I was interested in getting a colour pack for my WS I too thought it was account wide. I am glad I found out because it is totally too high for me. I am glad they can make money out of fluff and to be honest I always hoped that the store was more about selling the fluff stuff and leaving the actual game alone (ok I know I am dreaming and holding on to some bitterness from the day f2p went live). But with the colour stuff it seems like they want to be more life Draw Something 2! It wouldn't be the first time they copied Zyga financial model..
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....