We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lashmore View Post
    ...hate to say it, but if an annoyance rather than something of a higher level of frustration....then the annoyance would be the Forums. Not the forums itself as a site but rather 50% of the way the community conducts itself.

)
    I think this game has a pretty vibrant forum. Conflict is good. It makes life interesting. If everyone always acted all nicey nicey it would be a boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I think this game has a pretty vibrant forum. Conflict is good. It makes life interesting. If everyone always acted all nicey nicey it would be a boring.
    More when some rare threads have to be closed due to the sheer extreme some go in their...vibrant ways. The topics in essence could have had the light of day. Harshly worded criticism can be good, okay, but offensively worded criticsm without detail doesn't lead far in any direction.
    [center][img]http://gameofgeeks.com/ithsignature.png[/img][/center]

More when some rare threads have to be closed due to the sheer extreme some go in their...vibrant ways. The topics in essence could have had the light of day. Harshly worded criticism can be good, okay, but offensively worded criticsm without detail doesn't lead far in any direction.
    I think you put the number too high at 50%.

I generally like these forums and find them interesting. Especially now that they don't lag horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviane View Post
    Don't like them, never accept them and especially not when the same player keeps sending invites after you have quietly declined or let the offer expire. However, if they would have the courtesy to ask first, I am always happy to join and help out.
    This. You have a keyboard, there is no PS3/XBox client for LOTRO. Ask. And in full sentences. Not Leet powergamer gibberish. "LF Mini SB 12man RU in?" is not a request to group, it's the ascii output from my printer's self-diagnostic.
    Recent immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

6 years later and we can still only send one type of item in the mail.......
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seschat View Post
    This. You have a keyboard, there is no PS3/XBox client for LOTRO. Ask. And in full sentences. Not Leet powergamer gibberish. "LF Mini SB 12man RU in?" is not a request to group, it's the ascii output from my printer's self-diagnostic.
    Is it really? That looked like APL to me.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

In game lag spikes that freeze my character (can turn and click but not move and skills just animate-marching ants syndrome)- that gets me or group killed periodically. It is especiallyembarrassing as to my fellows it looks like i'm just standing there letting them die..... Similar issue but actually a lost connection for a short time-every time I open a npc window, especially the vault ones. Happened since RoI, always worse after my character hits Dunland -even in lower instances, thereafter. Could be the server provider changed or, Goblins, or those rude Dunlendings.

And speaking of them...... being called Duvodiad and told i'm not welcome, after i have single handedly fed, clothed and kept you safe.... How rude!
    As for those Moria Dwarfs and their comments on my equipment-i am NOT ill equipped, I have excellent gear-dwarvish made, a lot of it... How very rude!
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

"Now that you've been there, go back!!" The sort of quest where they send you to kill a dozen orcs, and when you return to the questgiver, they send you right back to the same spot for some trinkets the very same orcs have on them. Why didn't you just ask me to check their pockets the first time questgiver??
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!

For me there is one BIG annoyance!

Legendary Items! It needs to be changed as soon as possible!

I just wrote a post about this in another thread:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...m-system/page5

My biggest LOTRO annoyances are:

1. LOTRO STORE

2. Ruination of PVMP

3. Lack of good old raiding

4. Massive increase in overall grind since SOM ( weapons,armor grind,barter items ) A lot more than it was in Elder days...

5. Lag in raids

6. Some classes changed F example Mins turned into DPS class etc...

7. Sudden Nostalgy

Checking my mail then a chance of my camera wheel on mouse no longer zooms/retracts camera until a reboot. (since....ever, at least 2009)
    This is mine. Should have been fixed long ago. I do not have to reboot, but do have to log completely out of game.

My two annoyances:

1. No crafted bags. Come on Turbine, give us player-crafted bags so we can carry more stuff.

2. General absence of open-world group content. We need more areas similar to Dol Dinen and Limlight George that are full of challenging encounters and nice rewards. Failing that just more enemies that are elites
    <A sig goes here>

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    1. No crafted bags. Come on Turbine, give us player-crafted bags so we can carry more stuff.
    This one isn't doable. The way they do large seamless landscapes is to partition all of it into "landblocks", and simply walking across the landscape you'll often do a seamless transition from one server in the world cluster over to another one (which is handling the landblock you're moving into). This has to happen in a few tenths of a second.

So what does that have to do with how much we can carry? For performance reasons, they load up our inventories into the memory of the physical server we're on at the moment, and when we're switched to another one they have to write any changes in that inventory out to a database, then load it back up again into the new server's memory. The more stuff we're carrying, the longer this takes, and they need to be able to do it for any number of people who happen to be transitioning over to a different server at any given moment in time.

The Turbine developer who explained this to me 7+ years ago now also told me that they'd built a bit of "headroom" into the system so they could offer a bit more inventory at some point, but that it would need to last them the life of the game. And 6 years later, they finally added a 6th bag. Given the timing, I suspect that's all she wrote.

Khafar
    Last edited by Khafar; Nov 16 2013 at 01:59 PM.

1. the constant changing of gear stat balance that makes leveling up a gear wasteland. ie ROI now we have huge amount of only one stat, then HD we have huge amounts of 2 stats. Please have a consistent vision for the game and stick to it.
    2. Columbo quests as I call them. Oh yeah one more thing can fight your way back through the fortress swarming with orcs to get something else I forget to ask you for.
    3. Changing a working game just to change it!!!! if it aint broke stop fixing it. ie fate changes and agi for wardens. what did that fix?
    4. please do something with the group finder its a pointless waste of time if no one uses it to make groups and there should be no content you can't queue for.
    5. Listen to customers or lose them! I don't remember one post anywhere saying we need trait trees so badly. If we don't ask for it don't give it to us.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    5. Listen to customers or lose them! I don't remember one post anywhere saying we need trait trees so badly. If we don't ask for it don't give it to us.
    Customer feedback can be useful for some things, especially for commenting on existing features in a product and bringing ideas.
    However, if you only implement new stuff based on what customers say they want, you're not going to be in business for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Hothoen View Post
    I also do not like the LI system, I find the AI to be primitive (especially those soldiers, WTH are they doing sometimes?!),and I do not understand (and therefore disapprove of) the algorithms used to determine the games results. Dumb it down for me devs, I'm not trying to split an atom here. When I finish a 10 hour day I just want to enjoy a cold one and immerse myself in the 7.1 surround sound-58" HD majesty that is Middle Earth Online. I'll think as much as I need to, just don't overdo it!

When in Rome...
    I don't understand this hate for the LI system. It's not designed for casual players like yourself who just want to go sight-seeing. You do not need Legendary Weapons for that (hell, you probably don't even need a weapon).

The legendary system is there for players who want to go the extra mile to make their characters as effective as possible. If that doesn't interests you... then simply don't do it. But please leave the system in place for those of us who actually do like it. I rather not have EVERYTHING on this game "dumbed down" to appeal to your sight-seeing needs. Oh wait... too late

>Virtues. After 6 years looks like it's time to revamp. Might be a bit silly having tier 22 virtues in 2 years from now (that's 5x22=110 deeds at least for new players. Bit intimidating, isn't it?).

>Hytbold. Just. No.

>Crafting guilds. The required reputation for each guild in Helm's Deep is ridiculous.

>The (practically) non-existent instance match-maker. I think there's such an option, but nobody uses it.
    ~ On Evernight [EN] since September '15 .~
    Fideldir (Elf Hunter) , Nenuiale (Elf Lore-master) , Dolenu (Elf Minstrel)
    ~ Formerly of Gilrain [EN] since August '07. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Nenuiale View Post
    >

>The (practically) non-existent instance match-maker. I think there's such an option, but nobody uses it.
    This game's instance finder does need a lot of work. Especially considering that is really the only group-activity left on this game.

They should forgo an expansion and instead invest a couple of months into designing one that works. That would help this game out a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    They should forgo an expansion and instead invest a couple of months into designing one that works. That would help this game out a lot.
    How exactly would it help this game a lot? GLFF has fulfilled this purpose for years, so I don't see what major change a functional Instance Finder would have, at least not compared to giving us some decent content to play.

First problem with glff is people are no longer using it just for grouping. glff also is quite often just farm pugs anymore unless I want to start a group to run what I need. Also there is no guarantee you will get into a group using glff. I wanted to do orthanc during ROI never got into one as everyone starting a group wouldn't choose me for some reason. in short with glff unless what you want is flavor of the month, its make your own or don't run it. I believe all groupfinder needs is a proper incentive to solo queue for random content, like a daily seal bonus for doing it.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    First problem with glff is people are no longer using it just for grouping. glff also is quite often just farm pugs anymore unless I want to start a group to run what I need. Also there is no guarantee you will get into a group using glff. I wanted to do orthanc during ROI never got into one as everyone starting a group wouldn't choose me for some reason. in short with glff unless what you want is flavor of the month, its make your own or don't run it. I believe all groupfinder needs is a proper incentive to solo queue for random content, like a daily seal bonus for doing it.
    But that's the thing, why do you think peoples behaviour will change through the instance finder? If players want to do pug farms that's what there'll be on glff. If there was a lot of players who wanted to do Orthanc that's what you'd see in glff? If most players just want to pug farm, they'll only queue up for the instances that are most easily farmable.
    Just as there's no guarantee GLFF will find a group, Instance Finder can never guarantee that you'll find a group. If people won't let you in for a Orthanc run, I think the only difference with instance finder will be that they kick you after the group is assembled.

Lack of challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaberman View Post
    Lack of challenges.
    Would rep If I could.

SRS.

Quote Originally Posted by KuriosLOTR View Post
    This is mine. Should have been fixed long ago. I do not have to reboot, but do have to log completely out of game.
    At least now I know it's not my fault
    It's been happening to me as well and usually when zoomed way to far in to just stick to that zoom level

Having to repeat 85lvls of content for alts and then having to do all the deeds for the virtues for each individual character.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001bdd4e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast