We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Your biggest Lotro Annoyance

What is your biggest annoyance about the gameplay of lotro, what would you fix first. (not talking about the software, prices, interface, ui, ai, ect) just about whats in the game.

For me, its the dozens of different kinds of barter tokens in game, Khuzdul tablets, Rusty dwarf tools, Lothlorien branches, golden leaves, bounder tokens, Marks, Seals, ect. its all too much.
    I would just make Gold, silver, and copper THE currency for buying things in game

My biggest annoyance is the lack of PvP and raids at lower levels.

I love PvP and when I discovered that you need to be level 80 I was shocked
    Same thing with raids

/signed
    TILLENT - 56 MINISTREL : TERTKING - 42 CAPTAIN : HONEYOAK - 26 CHAMPION : SHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAP - RANK 4 REAVER

Lack of a solo version of Epic group quest instances. These old instances should have a scaled down version for solo play, rather than just slapping on the Inspired Greatness buff that tries (and fails) to make you as effective as a full group.

Neither my guardian, nor warden could solo Vol 1, Book 4, The Unmarked Trail, while on level, because their classes simply aren't heavy hitters and the final boss kept throwing up the defensive buffs that there's nothing you can do about. Thus, after the third buff, of six in he would have in total, he Blocked/Evaded/Parried all my attacks, including the all attempts to interrupt his self heals. Thus, each instance ended in failure because the boss would summon a bunch of roots that would kill Legolas and his incompetent AI.

Also, Vol 2, Book 4, The Drowned Treasury is just dreadfully boring. There are 3-4 mobs in each group, and each mob has a mountain of morale. The only class that this is even partially bearable to play through is Loremaster, because you can send in your Sabertooth to fight a bunch of bugs, then you can go afk and do something more productive and entertaining, like watching paint dry.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Lack of a solo version of Epic group quest instances. These old instances should have a scaled down version for solo play, rather than just slapping on the Inspired Greatness buff that tries (and fails) to make you as effective as a full group.

Neither my guardian, nor warden could solo Vol 1, Book 4, The Unmarked Trail, while on level, because their classes simply aren't heavy hitters and the final boss kept throwing up the defensive buffs that there's nothing you can do about. Thus, after the third buff, of six in he would have in total, he Blocked/Evaded/Parried all my attacks, including the all attempts to interrupt his self heals. Thus, each instance ended in failure because the boss would summon a bunch of roots that would kill Legolas and his incompetent AI.

Also, Vol 2, Book 4, The Drowned Treasury is just dreadfully boring. There are 3-4 mobs in each group, and each mob has a mountain of morale. The only class that this is even partially bearable to play through is Loremaster, because you can send in your Sabertooth to fight a bunch of bugs, then you can go afk and do something more productive and entertaining, like watching paint dry.
    I hate IG it's the worst thing, ruins the way that I like finishing things, by dying several times in a row until I can finish it

/signed to remove IG
    TILLENT - 56 MINISTREL : TERTKING - 42 CAPTAIN : HONEYOAK - 26 CHAMPION : SHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAP - RANK 4 REAVER

I agree, some epic quests are Impossible, I like a challenge, but near impossible odds are annoying to say the least

There should also be XP rewards for killing creatures based on Moral points of the creature.

If you kill a blue creature with 500hp, and one with 8000, the 8000 creature should give you more experience because it was a harder kill

Lack of a solo version of Epic group quest instances.
    IG was an OK idea, it just wasn't implemented very well. Linear scaling is more than a little silly, because it creates far too large of a power range. This should have been toned down a lot, so that the scaling effect dropped off as the difference between your current level and the intended level increased.

My biggest disappointment: Turbine never really realized one of their great new ideas for the game before it launched - Comparable Incomparables.

My biggest annoyance: they didn't ever make LI's "legendary", something you could keep and improve (somewhat like skirmish soldiers) across multiple expansions. Starting all over on that every expansion is majorly annoying, and the slow roll-out of 2nd Age and 1st Age for each cycle forces even more disposable "legendaries". Enough already. Because of this, I've simply given up trying to work on these.

Khafar

About legendarys:

LI's still confuse me, it looks like it was made complicated on purpose. Is it REALLY necessary to have to deal with a forgemaster AND a relic master? Are reforging every 10 levels really necessary?

It also seems very destructive to destroy a priceless artifact just to get its powers

ok,, should I keep the 1st age sword, or replace it with a 2nd age or 3rd age ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    IG was an OK idea, it just wasn't implemented very well. Linear scaling is more than a little silly, because it creates far too large of a power range.

Khafar
    Turbine has more than proven they are horrible at "scaling" things period. They always over-do things to the point absurdity.

Inspired Greatness basically turns you into a god. I frankly one or two shot everything while I have it. Nothing can hurt me. It's stupid and ruins the quest totally.

Another example is when they "down-scaled" the dungeons on this game. They went over-board so much that they basically turned much of the so-called "group content" into solo content. I can literally solo instances that are meant for 6 players now... to say nothing of the 3 mans. Let that be an example as to their judgment when "scaling" things.

They definitely need new talent at turbine when it comes to development decisions like these. They are intent on making everything on this game unable to kill you or hurt you. Pretty soon you are going to see orcs commit suicide when they see you. And the sad thing is, I am not even kidding when I say that.

But anyway, this leads me to the topic of this thread. My biggest annoyance on LOTRO is the pathetic enemies.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Oct 30 2013 at 12:58 PM.

Deeding...

The first time through to 85 was fine enough but having to go through it on every toon is a bit much and I really cant enjoy it anymore. It's to the point where I dont even level new toons anymore.

Lightbulb

... Neither my guardian, nor warden could solo Vol 1, Book 4, The Unmarked Trail, while on level, because their classes simply aren't heavy hitters and the final boss kept throwing up the defensive buffs that there's nothing you can do about ...
    Actually, there is something you can do to make your attacks bypass their defense. Increase your guardian's & warden's agility.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Actually, there is something you can do to make your attacks bypass their defense. Increase your guardian's & warden's agility.
    Agility does absolutely nothing about bypassing defence. What you need to bypass defence is Finesse.

In game lag since they have changed server providers
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000055c9/01003/signature.png]Gariyn[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler5150 View Post
    What is your biggest annoyance about the gameplay of lotro, what would you fix first. (not talking about the software, prices, interface, ui, ai, ect) just about whats in the game.

For me, its the dozens of different kinds of barter tokens in game, Khuzdul tablets, Rusty dwarf tools, Lothlorien branches, golden leaves, bounder tokens, Marks, Seals, ect. its all too much.
    I would just make Gold, silver, and copper THE currency for buying things in game
    Same for me, & the variety of coins will go way pass the dozen as you keep leveling. It drives me nuts to have sometimes thousands of 1 kind of coin that i rarely use or will use no more on that alt but less than 100 coins in the kind of coin i need the most. The game need a serious reintegration of currency.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth