We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 93
  1. #1

    Your biggest Lotro Annoyance

    What is your biggest annoyance about the gameplay of lotro, what would you fix first. (not talking about the software, prices, interface, ui, ai, ect) just about whats in the game.


    For me, its the dozens of different kinds of barter tokens in game, Khuzdul tablets, Rusty dwarf tools, Lothlorien branches, golden leaves, bounder tokens, Marks, Seals, ect. its all too much.
    I would just make Gold, silver, and copper THE currency for buying things in game

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    43
    My biggest annoyance is the lack of PvP and raids at lower levels.

    I love PvP and when I discovered that you need to be level 80 I was shocked
    Same thing with raids

    /signed
    TILLENT - 56 MINISTREL : TERTKING - 42 CAPTAIN : HONEYOAK - 26 CHAMPION : SHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAP - RANK 4 REAVER

  3. #3
    Lack of a solo version of Epic group quest instances. These old instances should have a scaled down version for solo play, rather than just slapping on the Inspired Greatness buff that tries (and fails) to make you as effective as a full group.

    Neither my guardian, nor warden could solo Vol 1, Book 4, The Unmarked Trail, while on level, because their classes simply aren't heavy hitters and the final boss kept throwing up the defensive buffs that there's nothing you can do about. Thus, after the third buff, of six in he would have in total, he Blocked/Evaded/Parried all my attacks, including the all attempts to interrupt his self heals. Thus, each instance ended in failure because the boss would summon a bunch of roots that would kill Legolas and his incompetent AI.

    Also, Vol 2, Book 4, The Drowned Treasury is just dreadfully boring. There are 3-4 mobs in each group, and each mob has a mountain of morale. The only class that this is even partially bearable to play through is Loremaster, because you can send in your Sabertooth to fight a bunch of bugs, then you can go afk and do something more productive and entertaining, like watching paint dry.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Lack of a solo version of Epic group quest instances. These old instances should have a scaled down version for solo play, rather than just slapping on the Inspired Greatness buff that tries (and fails) to make you as effective as a full group.

    Neither my guardian, nor warden could solo Vol 1, Book 4, The Unmarked Trail, while on level, because their classes simply aren't heavy hitters and the final boss kept throwing up the defensive buffs that there's nothing you can do about. Thus, after the third buff, of six in he would have in total, he Blocked/Evaded/Parried all my attacks, including the all attempts to interrupt his self heals. Thus, each instance ended in failure because the boss would summon a bunch of roots that would kill Legolas and his incompetent AI.

    Also, Vol 2, Book 4, The Drowned Treasury is just dreadfully boring. There are 3-4 mobs in each group, and each mob has a mountain of morale. The only class that this is even partially bearable to play through is Loremaster, because you can send in your Sabertooth to fight a bunch of bugs, then you can go afk and do something more productive and entertaining, like watching paint dry.
    I hate IG it's the worst thing, ruins the way that I like finishing things, by dying several times in a row until I can finish it

    /signed to remove IG
    TILLENT - 56 MINISTREL : TERTKING - 42 CAPTAIN : HONEYOAK - 26 CHAMPION : SHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAPSHAP - RANK 4 REAVER

  5. #5
    I agree, some epic quests are Impossible, I like a challenge, but near impossible odds are annoying to say the least

  6. #6
    There should also be XP rewards for killing creatures based on Moral points of the creature.

    If you kill a blue creature with 500hp, and one with 8000, the 8000 creature should give you more experience because it was a harder kill

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,677
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Lack of a solo version of Epic group quest instances.
    IG was an OK idea, it just wasn't implemented very well. Linear scaling is more than a little silly, because it creates far too large of a power range. This should have been toned down a lot, so that the scaling effect dropped off as the difference between your current level and the intended level increased.

    My biggest disappointment: Turbine never really realized one of their great new ideas for the game before it launched - Comparable Incomparables.

    My biggest annoyance: they didn't ever make LI's "legendary", something you could keep and improve (somewhat like skirmish soldiers) across multiple expansions. Starting all over on that every expansion is majorly annoying, and the slow roll-out of 2nd Age and 1st Age for each cycle forces even more disposable "legendaries". Enough already. Because of this, I've simply given up trying to work on these.

    Khafar

  8. #8
    About legendarys:


    LI's still confuse me, it looks like it was made complicated on purpose. Is it REALLY necessary to have to deal with a forgemaster AND a relic master? Are reforging every 10 levels really necessary?

    It also seems very destructive to destroy a priceless artifact just to get its powers

  9. #9
    ok,, should I keep the 1st age sword, or replace it with a 2nd age or 3rd age ?

  10. #10
    You sure you didn't mean to post this in your other thread?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...more-powerfull
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattler5150 View Post
    Is it REALLY necessary to have to deal with a forgemaster AND a relic master? Are reforging every 10 levels really necessary?
    Yes.
    If you don't reforge a LI, it will stop gaining exp, stop leveling, and stop receiving more Legendary Points to invest in ranking up your Legacies.
    Plus, reforging at 10, 20 and 30 each adds a Legacy. Reforging at 40, 50, 60 and 70 allow you to upgrade the tier of a Legacy, so each rank will cost less to invest in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattler5150 View Post
    ok,, should I keep the 1st age sword, or replace it with a 2nd age or 3rd age ?
    No. You should no keep it. Your lvl 60 First age is outclassed by a lvl 63 Third age. Since you're at least lvl 71, you should be trying to get a lvl 71 Third age.

    Like I said in your other thread, stick with Third ages until you get to the level cap, THEN worry about getting a Second/First age and getting scrolls to upgrade it.

  11. #11
    ok, I have a 3rd age Legendary sword, its currently Level 20 , DPS 54.9 rank 6

    I still have my 1st age Legendary sword, its currently Level 60 , DPS 64.6 maxed rank 7

    are you saying that the 3rd age sword can have its DPS ranked higher? doing more DPS damage?
    just so I understand you all correctly
    Last edited by Rattler5150; Oct 27 2013 at 05:28 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,320
    There's a severe inflation, I'd rather have a currency that can be adjusted without taking away all gold on all characters.

    /advice for LI..? I'd point you to lotro wiki but am too lazy and already wrote a lengthy post about that.

    The various currencies mean that it's not instant gratification and nothing more to do, the latter scares me way more than watching 99% of the mixed barter stuff go straight to premium wallet.

  13. #13
    Finally the lightbulb went on, I been buying from the wrong vendors in game, I was going to the barter guy in moria, when I should have been buying from the Relic master (or is it the forgemaster) at the very bottom you see the swords for sale
    Last edited by Rattler5150; Oct 27 2013 at 07:02 PM.

  14. #14


    Here's a bunch of unidentified Champion Swords for comparison;
    Third age Minimum lvl 53 = 37.1 DPS
    Third age Minimum lvl 55 = 39.0 DPS
    Third age Minimum lvl 57 = 42.1 DPS
    Third age Minimum lvl 59 = 46.5 DPS
    First age Minimum lvl 60 = 52.8 DPS
    Third age Minimum lvl 61 = 50.1 DPS
    Third age Minimum lvl 63 = 53.4 DPS
    Third age Minimum lvl 65 = 56.2 DPS

    So, in order of DPS, TA lvl 53 < TA lvl 55 < TA lvl 57 < TA lvl 59 < TA lvl 61 < FA lvl 60 < TA lvl 63 < TA lvl 65

    Any questions?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,686
    It's easy. The single biggest annoyance is the lag in t2 erebor raids.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post


    Here's a bunch of unidentified Champion Swords for comparison;
    Third age Minimum lvl 53 = 37.1 DPS
    Third age Minimum lvl 55 = 39.0 DPS
    Third age Minimum lvl 57 = 42.1 DPS
    Third age Minimum lvl 59 = 46.5 DPS
    First age Minimum lvl 60 = 52.8 DPS
    Third age Minimum lvl 61 = 50.1 DPS
    Third age Minimum lvl 63 = 53.4 DPS
    Third age Minimum lvl 65 = 56.2 DPS

    So, in order of DPS, TA lvl 53 < TA lvl 55 < TA lvl 57 < TA lvl 59 < TA lvl 61 < FA lvl 60 < TA lvl 63 < TA lvl 65

    Any questions?
    No, you solved it all, I been buying LI swords from the wrong place, I thought every 3rd age sword was the same as every other, didnt know they were scaled, thanks lots,

  17. #17
    The lack of new raids and group content, and the fact that you can level up without having to group up at all. OK I know that Big Battles are around the corner, but I've just watched my beloved kinmates become disillusioned with the game and leave to play other things. I will probably join a new kin in order to do group content but I am really gutted as I miss my old kinmates a lot
    Iolanthea and Theodoret live at 1 Fountain Street, Havenhold, Breeland, Snowbourn.
    Diodore, Goldfinch and Milburra live at 3 Wending Way, Alebrook, The Shire.
    "You fall and cleave your skull. You have mastered 39% of this adventure".....oh

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    244
    There are 2 BIG annoyances for me..
    1.) Legendary items - It's sooooo anoying to switch weapons each 3-6 levels, add gems, level stats. When I have LI in my hand it really doesn't feel I have some special legendary weapon I use to fight against the evil. It's short-living stat-list I have to throw away soon! This is not "legendary".. :-D like "Glamdring "
    2.) House upkeep
    [color=#ffbc15]Elves - Dusreth (HNT95), Dusriel (RK90), Dusaran (WRD70), Dusraen (LM56), Dusador (GRD44),
    Mortals - Dusgar (CPT36), ...
    Laurelin server[/color]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1
    I'll say it's the UI in general. It's slow, ugly and confusing. I hate that you can't sell stuff right out of your inventory and have to use the needlessly inconvenient "sell" tab. I hate that I can't search for crafting materials at the vendor.
    Another problem that's been existing since the very beta of LotRO for german players: some sentences are so long, that they are cut off in the UI and you won't be able to comprehend the meaning of those (on top of translation errors / misleading descriptions of skills).

    edit: as a passionate burglar player: please fix the conjunctions in higher levels... they used to be major traits for a burglar player, now everyone is ignoring FMs, cause they suck...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    My Coop
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattler5150 View Post
    Finally the lightbulb went on, I been buying from the wrong vendors in game, I was going to the barter guy in moria, when I should have been buying from the Relic master (or is it the forgemaster) at the very bottom you see the swords for sale
    The Relic Master is where you go to get weapons/class items when you're 'in between' levels. For example, if you've got a SA lvl 65 weapon and you're now lvl 71, you can go get a lvl 70 TA that has more DPS. Although, I disagree whether you should trash the SA at that point - if DPS is all that matters to you then by all means switch out as soon as you are more than 3-4 lvl's past your items. However, FA & SA items have more points available for legacies and depending on which legacies you have at what tiers, it can make a bigger difference in your combat ability IMO. Same goes for incoming healing on the class item.

    I personally can't afford to switch out LI's every 3-5 levels unless I find something a whole lot better (meaning legacies and higher tiers), the reason often comes down to trashing relics or buying another relic removal scroll AND I would use up xp runes as faster than I would get them.

    What annoys me the most is the LI Panel itself - the 'Buy Now' tabs are huge and the close 'X' tab is so small (square instead of rectangle) I inveitably hit the buy tab when I want to close it. I think the reason it annoys me most is that it is a blatant marketing ploy! I know just use 'shift I'! I need to map a shortcut for this darn panel!

  21. #21
    For me its the many useless items such as rubbish armours at vendors for low levels that you never buy or need, as well as junk armours weapons you loot that are next to useless and only vendor trash.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,437
    Tough to pick my single biggest, I'll give a few.

    1. No group exclusive rewards anymore. Every play type needs an exclusive reward to that type and it should scale with difficulty.
    2. Fishing hasn't really changed since it was introduced. They messed with the tables and animation, but its still simply click, click done. Wouldn't mind some better trophies involved as well. (thin furniture options, titles, cosmo, etc.)
    3. Mounted combat is still clunky and feels like its in its alpha stages of development.
    4. Turn around time to fix bugs is far too great for an MMO.
    5. Housing is extremely outdated and static. Every event yields more and more small furniture to go into those same static hooks.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Near the Equator
    Posts
    287
    Warner Bros.

    Thanks to the tight schedule Turbine has little time to do other things. Like, memory leaks, housing/kinship revamp, balance between classes, or to listen to the players' voices.
    [COLOR="#669966"][center][size=1]Mildford - R9 Hunter • Support - R7 LM
    The Storm Crusaders • Gladden[/size][/center][/COLOR]

  24. #24
    Another annoyance is the inconsistency in attack speeds, Sometimes It looks like im Bruce lee, other times it looks like im slower than a snail

  25. #25
    My biggest annoyance is agroed-mob-following duration. I can't get from point A to point B without a mob that I've agroed following me for what seems like forever! Give up already! You are so far behind you are practically off the edge of my radar! I'd cut the distance that following mobs stay agro in half.
    Quit yelling at the echo to stop.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload