We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb Where do I go after level 40!: Impression and Questions?!

Hello everyone. I have been a gamer for some time now, playing all types of genres from RPG's to First person shooters. I haven't played an MMO until Lotro, and man I'm hooked. I grew up watching the movies, still haven't found time to read the books, and I'm a huge fan of the world of Middle Earth. I really enjoy games that I can explore, do quests, and develop a character. Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3/New Vegas, and Red Dead Redemption are all examples of awesome games I enjoy. Lotro fall among the adventurous game category that I like and I've really been enjoying it. I love the whole aspect of strategy when fighting multiple mobs and working together in groups. I've reached level 40 with the help of Evendim and am wondering where to go next? There are a combination of 4 quest packs I can now move on to: Misty Mountains, Forochel, Angmar, and Eregion. Should I buy them all? Or can some be omitted? Can I just choose one? Which has the smoothest questing/leveling flow? What are your favorites and why? Thanks in advance for your feedback
    Find me in game on Firefoot, name is Arrionn.

I strongly recommend Angmar at least just to get one of the Fem armour sets right away! It's a big, interesting area too, full of every kind of mob. From there I went to Forochel, now I'm in Moria!
    ----
    Ferradan, Burglar, Landroval
    Ferranhelm, Hunter, Nimrodel
    ----

Heh, I have a kinmate named Arion.

Angmar and the Misty Mountains are 39-50ish, though the latter quests and some of the lower ones are often group. Eregion is 47-51ish, Forochel 43 to 49ish. None of them have as good a quest flow as Evendim, though Eregion's probably the most cohesive, with Forochel after it.

I suppose that if you want a challenge, Angmar, since it has some solo quests, if you dont mind getting two quests packs to get Eregion later... or just get Forochel, start earlier, and then go to Moria.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by DsrtFx View Post
    I strongly recommend Angmar at least just to get one of the Fem armour sets right away! It's a big, interesting area too, full of every kind of mob. From there I went to Forochel, now I'm in Moria!
    Fem armor is pretty bad, I'd recommend getting on-level crafted if that's your craft or have someone in your kin.

Though, as for the story aspect, I'd agree. The quest chain in Aughaire, where you get the Fem armor, is relevant backstory for Volume 3.

OT: As stated above, there really isn't any one zone that will offer you as smooth of a leveling experience as Everswim gave you from 30-40.
    I start out in Trollshallows, and do enough quests in Rivendell, Thorenhad and Echad Candelleth to finish the quests deed, then do the quests from Gloin's camp in Misty Mountains. Then, I hop over to Aughaire and do that quest chain.

After that, I'm usually really close to 45. I grind on some mobs to get pages for the Epic traits, or Council of the North rep items (for Swift Travel) until I lvl up to 45.
    Then, drop everything and hightail it Eregion to start the Volume 2 Epic at Echad Dunann to get your first LI.

After you get your LI, continue the line to identify it, and if you're a melee (ie. non-tactical) class, be sure to choose the Ancient-Dwarf scroll. Next, begin your lvl 45 Class quest and kill the mobs required for the first stage. By this point, I already had the items for the second and third stages of the Class quests thanks to my Warden being able to solo Carn Dum and Urugarth. Then, finish up lvl 45 by farming Thorin's Hall rep items in Sarnur (Ered Luin). This is where the Dwarf damage type is important, because the rare spawns on the outer area, and all mobs in the inner area, resist all forms of non-Dwarf/non-tactical damage.

Once 46, or very close to 46, and your LI has reached lvl 10, return to Echad Dunann to complete Book 1 of Volume 2, to get your second LI. Return to Sarnur and finish getting to kin with TH to be able to get the Goat mount. You will get a subpar Goat mount in Moria for free, but I think the Lanterns Moria's mounts are hideous, so I prefer the TH mount.

Then, I head to Forochel to do as many quests get me to acquaintance (again for the Swift Travel). And, finally I finish up by heading to Eregion, and do the quests in the zone.

After all that, you should be lvl 50, and ready to head into Moria.

Hey thanks for your input! I see that you go for buying multiple quest packs. I have a question about the epic quest line though:
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    After that, I'm usually really close to 45. I grind on some mobs to get pages for the Epic traits, or Council of the North rep items (for Swift Travel) until I lvl up to 45.
    Then, drop everything and hightail it Eregion to start the Volume 2 Epic at Echad Dunann to get your first LI.
    Level 40 epic quests start in Volume 1 book 4 then 11 more books until Volume 2, which are level 50 quests. At what level should I start the epic quests?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRush View Post
    Level 40 epic quests start in Volume 1 book 4 then 11 more books until Volume 2, which are level 50 quests. At what level should I start the epic quests?
    Ideally, you should be doing the Epic quests along side quests in the region. Like I said above, Trollshallows -> Misty Mountains -> Angmar.

Personally, after I beat Book 6 (gaining access to Eastern Angmar), I skip the rest of Volume 1. The story might be interesting, but it's definitely not worth the time and effort to run all over the map to complete it.

I start Volume 2, Book 1 at lvl 45 to get a LI. They gain experience and lvl up for each kill. So, each kill you get at 45 without having a LI is wasting potential item exp.
    Finish Volume 2, Book 1 at lvl 46 to get your second LI. Pick up Volume 2, Book 2 at 50 when you're ready to quest in Moria.

Thanks again! I feel much more informed now.