We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

how do I make my Legendary sword more powerfull

I have a champions sword of the first age now level 58, There are 3 stars for upgrades, how do I make it more powerful like everyone else's

I can post a pic of the stats screen of it , if someone can recommend a place to host it.

I must ask first: is this first age sword for character level 85?

EDIT I mean that Level in this case could mean how far it has been advanced with item xp.

Your start quest for legendary items has a great little guide on how to allocate points, upgrade, reforge, slot some goodies and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    I must ask first: is this first age sword for character level 85?

EDIT I mean that Level in this case could mean how far it has been advanced with item xp.

Your start quest for legendary items has a great little guide on how to allocate points, upgrade, reforge, slot some goodies and so on

I am level 71, champion

you will need to find a legendary sword closer to your level, but not past your level. deconstruct the one u have after u get it and use the xp runes from the old one on to the new one, reforging it as it lvls up via the forge master. usually browsing thru the auction house is the easiest way to get a new legendary weapon. i wouldnt waste the upgrades to it even tho its a 1st age, its below your lvl
    ~ TO THE KING !!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000009b4e7/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler5150 View Post
    I am level 71, champion
    So, I'm assuming your First Age is either lvl 60 or lvl 65... Correct?

If so, I'd say not to bother with Starlight crystals. Your sword should be getting out DPS'ed by lvl 70+ Third Ages.
    Concentrate on leveling to 85, pick up a Third Age, maybe a Second Age if you get enough Bounder Tokens, and get ready for HD to be released.

imo, It's not worth trying to construct a "more powerful" LI until you and it are at the level cap.

I am level 71, champion
    Sorry for the delay, reality happened = )

Per the above, focus on the level 85 stuff and do the simple, cheap upgrades on the LIs you get up until then. There are a thousand ways to spend cash (tp and gold alike) and marks/medallions to upgrade your legendary items. Don't bother wasting too much until you reached current cap 85 (or next cap 95 if you take a couple of weeks getting there). A fully upgraded and pimped-out first age weapon level 60 will have worse damage output than a freshly identified third age weapon level 70 (I think) in pure DPS. There is no reason to hang on to them for too long. Plenty guides out there to help you know what to deconstruct and when: https://www.google.com/#q=lotro+lege...em+deconstruct (I like forum links and wiki links but sometimes a video guide can be handy or one of the rather nice blogs available - this is true for anything connected with the game).

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Items

First up: relics http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Relics

The little stars you mention are there to indicate http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item:Star-lit_Crystal - an item that will add some good bonus effect to your Legendary Item. One adds a little, two adds perhaps twice the effect of one and three of them slotted (all stars filled) will give a decent boost which is greater than the basic effect of one plus two plus three.

You can add a legendary title http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Titles
    which in some cases will change the damage type http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Damage_types

Mainly: don't spend much until cap, remember to re-apply points after reforging, fill your LI slots (shift+i) and have some fun.

my sword is now level 60

I got a First age sword because I was under the impression from the Lotro wiki and other forum posts that its more powerfull

everyone else has swords that do 120+DPS and mine is only doing 62dps

my off hand, non legendary does more damage than my legendary sword does

seriously what is this point of this overcomplicated, confusing, convoluted LI system

my sword is now level 60

I got a First age sword because I was under the impression from the Lotro wiki and other forum posts that its more powerfull

everyone else has swords that do 120+DPS and mine is only doing 62dps

my off hand, non legendary does more damage than my legendary sword does

seriously what is this point of this overcomplicated, confusing, convoluted LI system
    As the wiki link says:

open LI interface with shift+i

Add to the bit at the top where you adjust DPS. When that is maxxed, add to other Legacies as you need or want to.

At 65, following the epic storyline will get you an off-hand (or a class slot) second age LI free.
    At around level 67, any LI third age that you find will deal more DPS (with DPS legacy maxxed) than your current FA 60. They progress that fast. The first ager will get a heap of more points for you to spend on legs so can be worth keeping a bit longer anyway.
    At 75, again following the epic, you will get a free SA symbol to craft an LI with. If you turn that into a main hand weapon, it will be out-DPSd by a third age LI 78-80 but levels are super fast...may as well keep the 75s until 85.
    Last edited by Macroscian; Oct 27 2013 at 05:59 AM.

It is more powerful... Than a Sword of the same minimum level. However, it's not better than an LI higher minimum lvl.

Rank 7 DPS of a lvl 60 LI Swords: First age = 63, Second age = 61.3, Third age = 57.6.
    Rank 7 DPS of a lvl 63 LI Sword: Third age = 65.1.

You can see a comparative list on the wiki. http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cham...ndary_Legacies

And, to repeat what I had said above, first worry about getting your character to the level cap, then worry about getting (and improving) an LI that has the same minimum level as the lvl cap.

This is why I'm not bothering to try to get a Second or First age lvl 85 Legendary item, since it'll just be outclassed as soon as Helm's Deep comes out.

Keeping people busy.

I finally get it,

Yesterday I got to level 75, I bought a new Champions sword of the 3rd age from the Relic master, under the melding tab, they are scaled by level. A few hours of grinding later its not up to level 55 and doing 110dps
    I also got another Non legendary sword for my off hand,, that also does 110dps

so now, im slicing and dicing

I bought a new Champions sword of the 3rd age from the Relic master, under the melding tab,
    It's a bit late, but you shouldn't be doing that.

Hope for a mob to drop one, check the auction house, craft one (or ask someone to do it for you). Do anything to get an on level Legendary item, but *not* having one melded. It's simply a waste of shards.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    It's a bit late, but you shouldn't be doing that.

Hope for a mob to drop one, check the auction house, craft one (or ask someone to do it for you). Do anything to get an on level Legendary item, but *not* having one melded. It's simply a waste of shards.
    ok, I didnt know that,, For the next one, ill do this,, thanks