We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Council visiting Turbine

Hey Strangers...

Just tossing this out here for you guys. Obviously I have my own feedback which I have been working on during the council term...but still a lot of work to be done. Figured either this wasn't seen, or it was passed over.

But if you guys DO have ideas, feedback (actual feedback) that you think is worth talking about...let me know.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...siting-Turbine!

Seven members of the LOTRO Players Council will be flying to Boston on Thursday October 31, 2013 for a day of meetings with the LOTRO team. We’ll be covering everything from community to localization and development plans to customer service issues. They’ll have time to sit with every team involved with the game during groups sessions and then they’ll have an opportunity to sit down with the team of their choice to see how the game is made and take part in even more detailed discussions with those teams. We’ll also be taking their feedback for ways to improve the Players Council for 2014.

The Council members who will be attending are:

Aestiliat
    Delmore
    Emyrselyf
    Palentian
    Runesi_EU
    Visionseer
    Zume

Of course we’ll be sharing photos and comments with the entire community throughout the day via our social media channels. We’re finishing up some of the details of their visit and ways the entire community can be involved, but for now please feel free to reach out to any of the council members and ask them to share your thoughts and concerns with us during their visit.

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

Quote: feedback for ways to improve the Players Council for 2014.

Seems they're going to introduce you to members of Turbine and show you how its made, but not necessarily asking for player input for ways to improve.

If I had something to raise it would be: Prove to me they factor player input at-the-same-time as their new ideas, instead of factoring player input after they've already decided, which makes player input obsolete and irreverent.
    Key word, prove. This would be proven if they ask players right now about the upcoming changes in the expansion after HD. Because if they asked for input right now about HD, they're not going to alter whats already been decided, making player input pointless.

Maybe you should bring turbine around to caring about PvMP again with baby steps. How about starting with fixing simple bugs and exploits that have been around for a long time:

**Webbed the Earth bug**
    **Pets following stealthed players bug**
    **War Leader rez bug**
    **War Leader "power of fear" skill failure to provide a no-induction heal bug**
    **NPC turning on their own side bug**
    **Sticky gourd bug**
    **Keep auto flip bug**
    **OP flipping to delving after capture bug**
    **OP CGs constant reset bug**
    **Invisible walls/bridges bug**
    **Isendeep OP delving NPCs failure to change sides after flip bug**
    **Relic drop from broken legs & CC combo bug**

**Festival map exploit**
    **Rend flesh/devastating blow exploit**
    **Accessing delving door from within the OP exploit**
    **Freeps accessing sniper locations only accessible with mounts exploit**
    **Freeps force taunting center delving boss into lava to reset progress exploit**

**99 bugs/exploits sure to come with HD**

These are just to name a few. However, their lack of attention is demonstrative of their lack of care. Use these simple things as a litmus test as to whether or not you're wasting your time with the player council.
    Last edited by Nidagnest; Oct 25 2013 at 02:40 AM.
    ~Bocagrande~

Flown in to visit..? I sure have missed some bits of this. Must check. I've been droning on about spending in areas outside the core expertise, you could perhaps push some buttons and see if there's a real answer to what the core business currently is.

Two suggestions come to mind Yicky:

a) In the player suggestions forum, perhaps have a voting module applied to each player suggestion in order to gauge player interest in given suggestion.

b) Could we please see some more bluename forum engagement with the community? Many of the class forums have had either no apparent engagement with the class devs, or an introductory post several years ago and nothing since. This suggestion is borne from the frustration that Turbine have a multitude of channels for players to engage with Turbine (FB, Twitter, Forums, Palantir, Council, Beta participation (when relevant)), yet there is a seeming reticence on the part of any Turbine employee (excepting Sapience) to engage with the community. Perhaps Sapience requires minions?
    Elendilmir: Southern Cross Kinship
    Freeps: Scruffodian; Scruffbeard; Scruffeldor; Scruffynerf; Scruffwulf; Scruffystone; Scruffiness; Scruffphor; Scruffward
    Creeps: Frothrat; Frothfight; Frothed; Frothleg; Frothnakh; Frothface

1) Remove Outpost mastery buffs, make it inf/ren gain if you have to but not something that affects combat.
    2) Make keep backdoors usable only out of combat.

Hundred other things that are in need of fixing but babysteps. Those two things negatively impact my time in the Ettenmoors often and surely cannot be difficult to change.

I have close to zero faith that Turbine is going to act on any of this feedback but we do what we can.
    [RIGHT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ffa07a]Babou + Tyrannosaurus [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]/ [/SIZE][COLOR=#afeeee][SIZE=2]Zapdos[/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][B][COLOR=#ee82ee][SIZE=3]Acta Non Verba[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by Nidagnest View Post

**Festival map exploit**

I was under the impression that both of these were fixed...

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post

Seems they're going to introduce you to members of Turbine and show you how its made, but not necessarily asking for player input for ways to improve.
    Actually that's a partial quote.
    The full quote is,
    We’ll also be taking their feedback for ways to improve the Players Council for 2014.
    Also. As in "in addition to".

In addition to what you ask?

We’ll be covering everything from community to localization and development plans to customer service issues. They’ll have time to sit with every team involved with the game during groups sessions and then they’ll have an opportunity to sit down with the team of their choice to see how the game is made and take part in even more detailed discussions with those teams.
    Sounds like a tremendous amount of feedback is being looked for.

The problem isnt gathering info and looking at it. The problem is you do nothing with the info. It took you 5 years to understand and realize rank farming and to do something about it. The biggest issue 5 years going is lag and you somehow improve the lag i dont know how but you actually improved the lag LOL.

Heres a summary of the last 5 years sapience

mines of moria (promised a new pvmp map)
    siege of mirkwood (promised a new pvmp map)
    You spend time adding a bird and new tree
    the "new" moors moving 2 rez points and some outposts around and adding new buffs thats cause 100 times the lag is not an improvement and its not a new pvmp map.

The pvmp'rs didnt ask for a new even more lagged out moors then ever before. We asked for a new pvmp map that promised 2 times over and didnt deliver.

We needed this player council 5 years ago not when the game is on its last legs here.

P.s sapience can you explain to me why helms deeps is 12 man and rift is 24 man? It gives the appearance that the rift is a bigger threat in middle earth then helms deep. 12 man is not epic or a huge battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The full quote is,

Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post

If I had something to raise it would be: Prove to me they factor player input at-the-same-time as their new ideas, instead of factoring player input after they've already decided, which makes player input obsolete and irreverent.
    Key word, prove. This would be proven if they ask players right now about the upcoming changes in the expansion after HD. Because if they asked for input right now about HD, they're not going to alter whats already been decided, making player input pointless.
    Of course the people that have worked the council will help improve it. Why would they not want to get feedback about how the council has worked over the last months. I have plenty of feedback there. Good and bad

Quote Originally Posted by Nidagnest View Post
    Maybe you should bring turbine around to caring about PvMP again with baby steps. How about starting with fixing simple bugs and exploits that have been around for a long time:

**Webbed the Earth bug**
    **Pets following stealthed players bug**
    **War Leader rez bug**
    **War Leader "power of fear" skill failure to provide a no-induction heal bug**
    **NPC turning on their own side bug**
    **Sticky gourd bug**
    **Keep auto flip bug**
    **OP flipping to delving after capture bug**
    **OP CGs constant reset bug**
    **Isendeep OP delving NPCs failure to change sides after flip bug**
    **Relic drop from broken legs & CC combo bug**

**Festival map exploit**
    **Rend flesh/devastating blow exploit**
    **Accessing delving door from within the OP exploit**
    **Freeps accessing sniper locations only accessible with mounts exploit**
    **Freeps force taunting center delving boss into lava to reset progress exploit**

**99 bugs/exploits sure to come with HD**

These are just to name a few. However, their lack of attention is demonstrative of their lack of care. Use these simple things as a litmus test as to whether or not you're wasting your time with the player council.
    Not sure how much I can say here...but I will say you are under the assumption that it is not being talked about. But jotted these down

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffynerf View Post
    Two suggestions come to mind Yicky:

a) In the player suggestions forum, perhaps have a voting module applied to each player suggestion in order to gauge player interest in given suggestion.

b) Could we please see some more bluename forum engagement with the community? Many of the class forums have had either no apparent engagement with the class devs, or an introductory post several years ago and nothing since. This suggestion is borne from the frustration that Turbine have a multitude of channels for players to engage with Turbine (FB, Twitter, Forums, Palantir, Council, Beta participation (when relevant)), yet there is a seeming reticence on the part of any Turbine employee (excepting Sapience) to engage with the community. Perhaps Sapience requires minions?
    There is a reason for this...That I have witnessed first hand and taken. The blue names have cut back on forum interaction(especially on the pvp side) due to the fact that they get nothing but reamed on the forums. For each helpful post there are 10 posts that chastise and abuse the blue name as soon as they speak. I even hopped into a thread once and I got verbally pulverized to the point that Sapience had to stop me

I cannot say that they will or will not post often anymore. When it comes to PVP, the community is the most outspoken and passionate in all of LOTRO. Unfortunately the filter regarding that is typically left at the door which causes the blue names to read...but not post.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmmmaaaaH View Post
    1) Remove Outpost mastery buffs, make it inf/ren gain if you have to but not something that affects combat.
    2) Make keep backdoors usable only out of combat.

Hundred other things that are in need of fixing but babysteps. Those two things negatively impact my time in the Ettenmoors often and surely cannot be difficult to change.

I have close to zero faith that Turbine is going to act on any of this feedback but we do what we can.
    agreed. The mastery buffs looked good on paper but they swayed the moors too much. I don't know if removing them completely is best. But I would definitely agree that there needs to be a change with the outposts. I was looking at making PVP a bit more dynamic and fun. Have some ideas to that which are pvp and pve geared. Don't know when or if it would happen. But can always hope

Quote Originally Posted by AaronIU View Post
    Address some of the lingering bugs that are misused and turned into exploits in pve and pvp, such at pet /follow as mentioned above (a more pvp specific one).
    Address some of the monster player concerns with solo balance.
    Some of the freep skills that have no use/abused in pvmp that should be removed/changed with the "monster play" buff as previous iterations with hunter DF.
    Some of the graphic glitches/problems we experience even in low traffic areas, reduced awareness...
    Better communication within the venues provided, especially forums, with developers.
    Proper methods of customer service and a way to see our input is being addressed.

These are just a few that continue to be issues and never get recognized by Turbine/WB as issues. They are often swept under the rug and ignored, or blatantly deleted to not create problem.
    awesome thanks! I'm not overly familiar with solo..but I know another council member that is...and feel free to toss me some more specific ideas either on this thread or via PM so I can get a better idea on where to go with it

The full quote is,

Still looking forward to next week?

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

Dear Sapience,
    Thank you for addressing my reply, but may I urge you to look at what im asking, since its been a problem for many beta testers who've tried to help Turbine in the past and afterall they went through, threw in the towel and left. This is because you already have plans for the moors -right now- for the upcoming update, but if I tell you an idea without knowing what your about to change and alter, my words are totally pointless.

For example(and hypothetically speaking) if I say: Warleaders need more mitigation. But next update your lowering the DPS of all Freeps anyway, that means my comment is meaningless. If I know your altering the Freeps dps, I wouldnt ask for something your already doing. But then for example you DO actually listen to the majority who are screaming for high Warleader mitigation, and you make the changes to let the majority know your listening - then it causes a massive problem in Pvmp.
    This example is extremely relevant because Turbine has in the past overcompensated on an issue, and instead of changing the under-powered into - balanced, they make it overpowered, or: make overpowered into under-powered.

-Without players being able to see your cards about upcoming changes feedback is pointless. Im not that ignorant to think the simple suggests made in PvMP forms is where the real decisions are being made. And considering there are levels above Beta testing, and another testing server above that - also how Turbine make plans on paper outside the game means player input is quiet trivial. *Player input needs to be relevant to what changes your thinking of as well, otherwise its simply trivial. As you see, half of the comments here are just insulting Turbine about bugs, because thats how they see player feedback in the eyes of Turbine, trivial and pointless so they mock it.

Now, im just a scrub number to you, and my opinion means the same as the mad hatter next to me, so as if my one line of feedback is going to stand out in your decisions more then the next mad hatter. One person can say, Apples, next Pears, but they're all the same and yet some people like myself or Zapdos who're smart should be actually listened to so the Moors is made better. Problem is, show me your notes, and ill comment on what your about to do, and prove to me you'll listen. Im telling you this because I know several who cannot take Turbines cooperation approach towards player feedback.

So it's totally pointless for me to just throw in my 2cents if your not going to consider it when your long term plans, since I have no clue what your about to do. Im probably one of the few on E who've killed the unkillable on E in a team setting, but I know my comments mean the same as Gando, and that's just hilarious.

Lastly and 100% factually: Nothing I say is relevant until the freep changes take effect. Every time you make a new expansion the entire moors balance and mechanics are totally thrown out the window. The only thing I can say that you will listen to is, dah give me something new. Thats about it. You-are-not going to alter what you've already planned because some trolls on the forums asked for it.
    Last edited by lionoil; Oct 25 2013 at 09:08 PM.