We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Immune, immune, immune ......

I was laughing so hard my ribs hurt. Immune after immune flowing above my head like shells from an Uzi. Yes, checked the festival, other things to do. But I'd like to thank the devs again for giving us the option to turn off FEs.

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    I was laughing so hard my ribs hurt. Immune after immune flowing above my head like shells from an Uzi. Yes, checked the festival, other things to do. But I'd like to thank the devs again for giving us the option to turn off FEs.
    Agreed.

However, somebody cast a taunting black shadow at one of my characters in Thorin's Gate today. I must
    check to see where the opt-out option is, and turn it on (which is to say, off).
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

If you find out post it here. I'd like to know. I'm not into festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Agreed.

However, somebody cast a taunting black shadow at one of my characters in Thorin's Gate today. I must
    check to see where the opt-out option is, and turn it on (which is to say, off).
    Open Options - Social Options - *Misc* - Scroll down to last checkbox in Misc. to *Enable Involuntary Emotes*
    Uncheck/remove tick

I admit my Captain has used Command Respect on some players that go to community areas and do the involuntary emotes and slap you for no reason.
    Knights Forgotten

Now that they have implement the emote immunity, I wish they would remove the 5 minute cooldown they put in as a temporary stop-gap solution so that we can finish up the festival-emotes deed faster.

Quote Originally Posted by appleleaf View Post
    Now that they have implement the emote immunity, I wish they would remove the 5 minute cooldown they put in as a temporary stop-gap solution so that we can finish up the festival-emotes deed faster.
    Agreed!! The cooldown was brought in to help encourage people to not be jerks with the emotes, but it didn't work (gee, imagine that!) and finally we get the toggle for those who don't want to have these emotes done to them. So now can we get this silly cooldown removed? Please? Pretty please?
    "Happiness is not a destination, it is a journey." - Dalai Lama

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000017a834/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yes, 5 minute cooldown is too long, especially when all of the deed consumables share same cooldown. My hunter has Silk gloves left from 2 years ago.
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/6f2j9j.jpg[/IMG]

But why?
    This is one of those things that will never make sense to me. Makes even less sense when you take in to account apx 4/5 have their immunity turned on.{on my server at the time of day I was there}.
    I had quite some time to observe what was going on at the festival in the shire while my hobbit was busy making spiced apple pies; close to 200.
    I can assume a lot of people were casting FEs; based on the rapidity of immune popping up above my characters head, but very few people were being effected by them.
    On that one I'll go along with the opinion if you are casting emotes your immunity shouldn't work. Or you shouldn't be able to cast emotes if your immunity is turned on.

Still, I have to wonder about the player that stood there burping at my hobbit for ten minutes while she was making pies, before he moved on.

I'm not trying to kick anything off, I personally have never found pranks to be funny or amusing, so of coarse I wouldn't understand the motivation behind getting a prank EF to throw at people. Sorry, I was a naive teen so caught the brunt of pranks in highschool, so I don't see them as amusing, I see them as mean.

I have no issues with people throwing them now that we have the immunity, I just see something wrong with people wanting to to prank yet not be pranked. If you are going to cast FEs, be a real part of it and turn your immunity off.

Quote Originally Posted by lalania View Post
    Open Options - Social Options - *Misc* - Scroll down to last checkbox in Misc. to *Enable Involuntary Emotes*
    Uncheck/remove tick
    Also, if you type "emote" in the search box of the options panel and then click on social along the side, you'll only see that option. I found that to be easier than sifting through all the options under social.
    [color=#48D1CC][b][i]Imladris[/i][/b][/color] - [color=#9370D8]Moravya[/color][color=#FFE4E1][i], 70 Lore-master[/i][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    But why?
    This is one of those things that will never make sense to me. Makes even less sense when you take in to account apx 4/5 have their immunity turned on.{on my server at the time of day I was there}.
    I'm not sure how you can make that claim when you have stated that you yourself don't use the items. I've run into maybe 10% of the people out there using the emote opt out. This is both at festival area and 'out in the wild.'
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rainith View Post
    I'm not sure how you can make that claim when you have stated that you yourself don't use the items. I've run into maybe 10% of the people out there using the emote opt out. This is both at festival area and 'out in the wild.'
    Did you read where I spent quite some time watching the goings on at the festival? Or that I said on my server at the time of day I was on? That is how I can make that claim.

As pointed out earlier. If you turn off FE, you shouldnt be able to use FE yourself.