We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Issue with in-game loading screens

I have a bit of an issue in-game with loading screens, they take a very long time to load, and this is pretty bad because I just finished the Forochel Book Quests, and I was about to turn in the quest to return to Rivendell and talk to Elrond when the loading screen for when you enter the Last Homely House took so long, it said my connection to the server was lost. The problem is possibly the disk space in the C drive but I just checked and it says I have 19.4 GB free of 74.4 GB, the bar is not Red, it's perfectly Blue, so yeah. If anyone has any idea as to why the loading screens are so slow for me, I'll appreciate it
    Last edited by DavishofGondor; Oct 23 2013 at 04:48 PM.

Exclamation Oh Smaug! Loading Screen is still up but I'm actually in the World!

Ok I've apparently gotten no response to this thread, and I've even tried REINSTALLING LOTRO, but I'm not having much luck, so would anyone plz help me out here?
    EDIT: Ok I think LOTRO is Trolling me, cuz I'm in the loading screen, but I guess I must be near a vendor cuz when I hover over a certain area the vendor icon appears, Holy Smaug! But now I just lost connection... SO HELP ME OUT ALREADY!
    Last edited by DavishofGondor; Nov 07 2013 at 04:52 PM.

i lose connection every time i open a npc vendor window or my vault (i get swirly symbol and in windowed mode says not responding) then it reestablishes a mcrosecond to a second later. I've just done a clean install of my whole pc and lotro and it's on an ssd all by itself. It's a 2 year old reasonaly good gaming laptop.

It started on my current character just after the last wildermore patch/update (coincidence, possibly) and has got worse as she progressed through Dunland and into Rohan. The hitching and lag (freeze-zip of npcs, skills animating but not firing, mcro freezes where character can only turn on the spot but not move) has steadily worsened too. This mirrors my experience on release of those exapansions with my first character in those regions after the second RoI patch.

Sorry, I have no clue how to help you. It could be your internet connection failing at a particular point, your isp choking your bandwidth, your graphics card needing more processing power than availabe. It could be any number of things.

Or it could be the mysterious lag effect I just described, that troubles some players consistently, but is not caused by any of the above...

You'll need to do a tracert/ping test and see if it's your internet. You'll need to check with your isp about your actual usage. Posting your computers specs helps the technical types do a diagnostic.

After that if it isn't fixed, you do as I do and just roll with it....some days i can raid, some days I find crafting a pain because of how slow/glitchy it is it is. Those days I play a low alt where it is less noticable.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Quote Originally Posted by DavishofGondor View Post
    I have a bit of an issue in-game with loading screens, they take a very long time to load, and this is pretty bad because I just finished the Forochel Book Quests, and I was about to turn in the quest to return to Rivendell and talk to Elrond when the loading screen for when you enter the Last Homely House took so long, it said my connection to the server was lost. The problem is possibly the disk space in the C drive but I just checked and it says I have 19.4 GB free of 74.4 GB, the bar is not Red, it's perfectly Blue, so yeah. If anyone has any idea as to why the loading screens are so slow for me, I'll appreciate it

Well you could always uninstall and check your disk for errors and defrag(assuming you dont use an ssd) using auslogics or something good and then reinstall

but

ultimately this is probably a port issue since it happens while you are zoning, so work through the connection sticky

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ated-8-12-2010

PS

ANYTIME there is an update or you re-install or if a player has connection issues it is wise to take all the program (and folder if you have one) exceptions out and add them back.

Sometimes little changes can make other programs not recognize the client/launcher.