We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,383

    How do I unsubscribe from threads?

    I keep getting emails from this forum about posts added to threads that I have subscibed to, some are months old and virtually dormant but as soon as someone posts to them, bingo I get an email. Unfortunately the link at the bottom of these emails says to unsubscibe by this link;

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/subscri...389bd2526ed296

    But it goes to a page that says, "An invalid threadid or forumid was specified."

    It is getting to point where I don't want to comment on these forums anymore because I already have enough junk emails coming in that I haven't got time to seperate out the useful from the junk!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,677
    Click on "Forum Actions" and then "General Settings" in the navigation bar near the top of the page. Change the Default Thread Subscription Mode to "Do Not Subscribe".

    If you want to subscribe to just certain threads, click on "Quick Links" and then "Subscribed Threads" in the nav bar, then select the threads you want to get notifications on (via check boxes over on the right hand side). I've never actually used this feature, so I don't know if it works... but it might be worth a shot.

    Khafar

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    Click on "Forum Actions" and then "General Settings" in the navigation bar near the top of the page. Change the Default Thread Subscription Mode to "Do Not Subscribe".

    If you want to subscribe to just certain threads, click on "Quick Links" and then "Subscribed Threads" in the nav bar, then select the threads you want to get notifications on (via check boxes over on the right hand side). I've never actually used this feature, so I don't know if it works... but it might be worth a shot.

    Khafar
    Done that yesterday, but today got load more emails so obviously isn't working!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,677
    Did you press the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the General Settings form after you set it to "Do not subscribe"? If that doesn't work, perhaps a PM to Sapience is in order.

    Khafar

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    Did you press the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the General Settings form after you set it to "Do not subscribe"? If that doesn't work, perhaps a PM to Sapience is in order.

    Khafar
    yes I saved changes the changes and it remains to be seen whether it will work for future threads, but it still doesn't stop the emails about past threads from flooding in. Will try PM'ing him.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,677
    Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    yes I saved changes the changes and it remains to be seen whether it will work for future threads, but it still doesn't stop the emails about past threads from flooding in. Will try PM'ing him.
    Ah. Try going to the "Subscriptions" folder over on the left of of the "General Settings" page, then unchecking any threads which are currently subscribed. Turning off new ones probably doesn't uncheck all the old ones.

    Khafar

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,642
    To unsubscribe from a thread click on 'Quick Links' above and select 'Subscribed Threads'. When the page opens click on the checkbox on the far right of any thread(s) you wish to unsubscribe from, click the 'Selected Threads' drop-down directly below the list and select 'Delete Subscription' from the options there. In the same drop-down click the 'Go' button at the bottom right.

    That will remove the selected subscription(s).
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

    [color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload