We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Will hunters have travel skills?

I know they are losing tones of skills but what i want to know is what will happen to all the hunter travel skills and if you keep them will we get travel skills to some of the newer zones like rohan, mirkwood, dunlandand and moria?

I hope we still get them because that was one of the most useful parts of a hunter. The ability to teleport almost anywhere with there fellowship.

The 20 Questions says they will keep them. It mentions skill pruning/consolidating excludes travel skills. Hooray! You can still be a Middle Earth Taxi.
    Bruuwnor, Dwarf Champion of Arkenstone, Pipeweed and Ale

Quote Originally Posted by MathKnight View Post
    The 20 Questions says they will keep them. It mentions skill pruning/consolidating excludes travel skills. Hooray! You can still be a Middle Earth Taxi.
    Cheers. Whh has I think seven Hunters. I have one. Travel skills are very useful.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Smile

Glad to hear this. I wonder where my friends would be without there hunter taxi.

we can already travel to mirkwood, moria, rohan, and dunland

On a different note, my hunter have that extra quickslot panel more than 1/2 way filled with travel skills. I don't want to have less swift travels. Can we get a dedicated panel to travelship?
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Jewl_of_the_lake View Post
    we can already travel to mirkwood, moria, rohan, and dunland
    I haven't seen any full out skills to travel to those zones. Would you point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by sakisman View Post
    I haven't seen any full out skills to travel to those zones. Would you point me in the right direction?
    You have to buy them from reputation vendors, once you have sufficient rep plus money or regional tokens.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    On a different note, my hunter have that extra quickslot panel more than 1/2 way filled with travel skills. I don't want to have less swift travels. Can we get a dedicated panel to travelship?
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...velWindow.html

You will absolutely wonder how you lived without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    You have to buy them from reputation vendors, once you have sufficient rep plus money or regional tokens.
    Ah Ok. This is good because i have kindred with everywhere but mirkwood which i am working on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGreen View Post
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...velWindow.html You will absolutely wonder how you lived without it.
    I don't wonder how i lived without it. I have seen that plugin before. Is not working properly. But thanks for trying.

I don't wonder how i lived without it. I have seen that plugin before. Is not working properly. But thanks for trying.
    Well, then, if you get it working, you'll wonder how you lived without it. I'd be happy to help if I can. Somewhere else on the forum, I posted a few updates to add the newer destinations (Lalia's Market and Forlaw).

But if you don't wanna, that's fine, too. I'm not going to push, just offer.

Works great for me... Has since I installed it years ago. I think it is missing the Forlaw travel but that is it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000bd0ff/signature.png]Aidus[/charsig]

"Live and Let Die"

Quote Originally Posted by Aidus View Post
    Works great for me... Has since I installed it years ago. I think it is missing the Forlaw travel but that is it.
    While LotRO isn't open, edit the file IndexedDictionary.lua found in this folder: <my documents>\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\DhorPlugins\Tra vel

Add these lines:
    Code:
    hunterLocations:AddData("Guide to Forlaw","0x70036B5D","Guide to Forlaw");
    wardenLocations:AddData("Muster in Forlaw","0x70036B5B","Muster in Forlaw");
    genLocations:AddData("Lalia's Market","0x700364B1","Return to Lalia's Market");
    in the appropriate places (at the end of the blocks of hunterLocations, wardenLocations, and genLocations).

Tada. Forlaw and Lalia's Market now appear.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGreen View Post
    While LotRO isn't open, edit the file IndexedDictionary.lua found in this folder: <my documents>\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\DhorPlugins\Tra vel

Add these lines:
    Code:
    hunterLocations:AddData("Guide to Forlaw","0x70036B5D","Guide to Forlaw");
    wardenLocations:AddData("Muster in Forlaw","0x70036B5B","Muster in Forlaw");
    genLocations:AddData("Lalia's Market","0x700364B1","Return to Lalia's Market");
    in the appropriate places (at the end of the blocks of hunterLocations, wardenLocations, and genLocations).

Tada. Forlaw and Lalia's Market now appear.
    This little patch already has that http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...owPatchEN.html

Oh, cool. When those travel skills came about, there was a while when the author wasn't updating it, and a few of us on the forum had to figure it out ourselves and share it. I didn't know someone had saved it as a patch, though; that'll be easier than the edit I described above.

Last Patch

This is the lastest version of that patch: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...owPatchEN.html

I hope this help

I just use TonicBars to set up travel bars for all my characters. Works for Hunters and Wardens and for any other class who has a lot of lifestones and various return to..... skills. I find it keeps the number of plugins to a minimum, which is nice for learning and using them and means there are fewer to get messed up if they get broken by a patch to the game.

Such panel would be welcome. I avoid any plugin which interferes with lotro UI, including those linked above. What I do for all my toons is: I keep about 5 most popular locations on the quickslots (Bree, Galtrev, 2-3 latest big towns for dailies) while all the rest is remaining on the class skill panel. When I need a rare port I press "K" and scroll down. Doing that really fast after years of practice

A separate panel with ports is on my wish list together with captain's horn becoming a skill.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Kadarka - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    Such panel would be welcome. I avoid any plugin which interferes with lotro UI, including those linked above. What I do for all my toons is: I keep about 5 most popular locations on the quickslots (Bree, Galtrev, 2-3 latest big towns for dailies) while all the rest is remaining on the class skill panel. When I need a rare port I press "K" and scroll down. Doing that really fast after years of practice

A separate panel with ports is on my wish list together with captain's horn becoming a skill.
    Thank you for the tip i do wish to keep the quantity of plugin saved on my pc at minimum as well. I was thinking something like make that panel a separate window on the skills panel (much like the gambits panel of the warden) instead a subdivision of active skills. & make the travel skills be organized by alphabetic order or quest pack level instead randomly organized by date of adquisition. I think that instead to make that window hunter only, all the milestone skills, return to skills & warden swift travel skills can be relocated on that section, classified by category of course.

Thank you for the tip i do wish to keep the quantity of plugin saved on my pc at minimum as well. I was thinking something like make that panel a separate window on the skills panel (much like the gambits panel of the warden) instead a subdivision of active skills. & make the travel skills be organized by alphabetic order or quest pack level instead randomly organized by date of adquisition. I think that instead to make that window hunter only, all the milestone skills, return to skills & warden swift travel skills can be relocated on that section, classified by category of course.
    I use travel plugin for my hunter. One of the best plugins i've downloaded. The only one two.

All my travel skills are accessed via K.

(And yes, I want MORE travel skills!)
    105 Hunter, Lore Master
    100 Minstrel