We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spooky Steed of The Bat

Here is the new horse from the Harvest Festival.

Speed 62
    Moral 200

Turbine for the love of god stop putting TABLECLOTHS on the mounts!
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

there is not one thing spooky about this steed in less it trails a cloud of smoke behind it. pathetic would be the word i would choose.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000339569/01003/signature.png]Sanbor[/charsig]

I was psyched opening up this thread at the possibilty of an awesome new steed and being a Halloween buff I was especially pumped.

And then...this?

Really?
    Nothing to see here...

Thanks for posting this. You have saved me all the time it would have taken me to gather up the tokens to buy it. I too was expecting something really living up to the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Asroknight View Post
    there is not one thing spooky about this steed in less it trails a cloud of smoke behind it. pathetic would be the word i would choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agron5 View Post
    I was psyched opening up this thread at the possibilty of an awesome new steed and being a Halloween buff I was especially pumped.

And then...this?

Really?
    I agree.... Scratching my head on this one...
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Oh. Good. I don't have to worry about saving up for that mount now. Wow... That's not at all what I was thinking.

Turbine getting lazier and lazier all the time. If you're not going to put a decent amount of effort in, don't even bother in future.

Not very spooky. As for the cosmetics, all we have is the old SOA style robe with a new skin.
    Silverlode refugee

At first I was thinking eh? where's the bat? Now I see what I guess is a hanging bat, flying bat and bat wing borders. Hardly spooky. Think I prefer that batman horse outfit from another thread.

Edit: Post 13 https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Festival-2013

I was thinking the same thing. Was looking forward to a cool black horse with some creepy tack. Well, its creepy but not in the right way. /shudder

And, oh thrills. We can actually buy that blanket/table cloth for our war steed! Blech!

Very disappointed! I am a horse collector and am having trouble justifying the purchase of this one. Bring back some of the first Harvest Mounts! They were good!

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Hors...estival_Mounts
    I HATE PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, beastybunny. I would love to see warsteed versions of some of the previous festival mounts.

For what it's worth, I started a new thread on the suggestion forum suggesting this.
    Last edited by redgold9; Oct 22 2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Silverlode refugee

Boy, that's barely even bothering to phone it in, guys.

I'm sure they're busy with HD stuff, but at least make a tiny effort.

Turbine, I've gotta say, I'm getting really sick of the pitiful amount of effort you've been putting into festival rewards lately. It began with the anniversary where there was NOTHING new and then you hastily shoved out some recolors in an attempt to placate the players. Since then it's been pathetic. A horse with a blanket. A short robe and hooded/non hooded cloaks all with the exact same design. And no dresses since spring. There's no imagination here. There's no effort. I'm sincerely disappointed. Festivals were one of my last few remaining reasons to play the game. I'll probably be crossing them off the list soon at this rate.
    [URL="https://sarahmccabemythopoet.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#b22222]Falling Toward Mythopoesis[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] My personal blog.

[URL="https://lotromusic.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#008080]LOTRO Music[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] ABCs, guides and resources for the compleat LOTRO musician.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionnuala View Post
    Turbine, I've gotta say, I'm getting really sick of the pitiful amount of effort you've been putting into festival rewards lately.
    Oh come on, you're exaggerating. Festivals this year have given me plenty of nice things. Lantern and cloaks of Farmer's Faire. Windmill and Toy Windmill during anniversary event. The Shabby clothes from Yule Fest. The many housing items during Summer Fest. The head-pieces and housing items of Last Harvest Festival. The Spring Festival housing items.

Oh wait... you are right. Those were all 2012. 2013 so far hasn't offered anything worthwhile. Thank god for the Bounder's Bounty, at least this offers something interesting this year (allthough I do admit, I liked this years Lissuin Robe).

Autumn festival always has been my favourite, since I found my way around in that creepy 'dungeon' .

Besides, this year the horse seems not tied to horse race tokens. Since I had a bunch saved from last year (thank you turbine for not converting these yet again to never-to-be-used generic festival tokens) I could buy it straigt away.

ALso, the festival quests award a bounders bag too, so it seems to me I will finally spend some hours ingame. Perhaps I even manage to collect to 1500 tokens I need for that bounders horse..!

The loading splash screen shows a horse with eerie red eyes; but when I bartered it in game, its eyes were hardly visible at all. You have to move the camera very close to see that they are kind of red - dark red. It looks like this horse borrowed them from an elephant. Spooky? Not really, I would say just weird.

Greetings, Polymachos

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Turbine for the love of god stop putting TABLECLOTHS on the mounts!
    Hahaha - my thoughts exactly.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000019261/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Agreed with the tablecloths comment.

Although personally I do like the Harvest Brew steed - I've never done the fall festival before so I don't know if that's new this year or not. But much better looking than the 'spooky' one.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000619e4/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I too dislike the trend toward blanketed steeds, especially those with square shaped blankets. I didn't mind the tablecloth on the Lissuin steed, though, since it was a bit more fancy in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by knUk20 View Post
    Agreed with the tablecloths comment.

Although personally I do like the Harvest Brew steed - I've never done the fall festival before so I don't know if that's new this year or not. But much better looking than the 'spooky' one.
    it's last years (along with the octoberfest-themed stuff, mind the pretzel!), and probably will be replaced by a new one next year (usually only the current and last years steed are available).

Well, I for my part like the horsey, it has a lovely skin! And generally, I like the blanket style, too. Nice idea, gives possibilities for the designers to display some nice drawings.

So, for my part: Well done, devs! Thank you
    [B]Pepys[/B]
    [COLOR=#40e0d0][SIZE=1]"Someday I'm going to move to Michel Delving
    and leave all this behind". - (Hobbit in Waymeet)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Tablecloth, cantering carpet... take your pick, I agree with the sentiment.

It's not a festival mount so much as a mannequin for a war-steed caparison. That's all the festival mounts have been this year. Do you know how ridiculous it looks to be riding a horse that just has cloth hanging on it?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#009966][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3][I][FONT=palatino linotype]I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?[/FONT][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]--------------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=#cc9933][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffcc66]> [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffcc66][FONT=franklin gothic medium]Founder of [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=franklin gothic medium][U][URL="http://legacyofnarsilion.guildlaunch.com/"][COLOR=#99ff99]Legacy of Narsilion[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ffcc66] <[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff6600]- [FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=2]Extra Life Gamer | [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][U][URL="http://www.extra-life.org/participant/89904"][COLOR=#ff0033]Captain[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ff6600][FONT=franklin gothic medium], [+INT] Intelligence Modifiers -[/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium]--------------------------------------------------[/FONT][/CENTER]

While I think the horse is very ugly and the additional rewards to the festivals extremely lackluster this year, I must admit I rather like the look of the new cloaks

I have to agree with the other posters. There was once a time when I looked forward to the festivals but that time is over. Compare the mount rewards from a year ago to today. Huge difference. Yes, before someone corrects me, its not about the rewards but the (fun) time spent earning the rewards, and this may be true but at the end of the day you still want something nice and shiny, something to be proud of and this is not it I am afraid.

No more tablecloth ponies please!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast