We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    To those who may not understand the previous post, its the continuation of a long running Coffee House tradition, namely, Dwarven Roleplay Hockey (tm) For some years now, it seemed that Slammy's Canucks and Gombur's Blackhawks met every year in the Stanley Cup playoffs. So it seemed natural that Radagast the Brown would turn part of the Coffee House, which, like the Tardis, is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside, into a massive ice-hockey rink, complete with Dwarven Hockey night in Canada TV ! Both sides came up with various creative and nefarious methods to win the games. At one point, the Hawks adopted the old roman "turtle" formation with their defensemen interlocking shields in front of the goalkeeper. To counter it, the Canucks built the mighty Vancouver Trebuchet. And if I remember right, the Hawks called in Brother Maynard and attempted to use the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch to blow it up.
    We had some fun times with it, and I just wanted to keep the tradition going.
    [COLOR=red]Gombur Gromberson 85 Guardian[/COLOR]
    [I][COLOR=mediumturquoise]Gombur trained the Chinchilla's who rode to war[/COLOR][/I]
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Shozbot Agromagnet Rank 9 Reaver[/COLOR]

*blinks*

*blinks again*

Well, I guess that explains that chilly, icy room! I thought it was for keeping ice cream for pie a la mode!
    Sorry, I'm out of clever sayings for sigs. :(

Hello all,

It's been a bit.

I hope you are feeling better Doc. Falling is not fun.

Nice to see Alditha and Welby and Elessar and hello new folks.

Hugs and Muffins

Faythe!!!!! *does happy dance* We have all missed you. I hope all is well. Please take a moment and tell us how things are going with the job and the family. And thanks for the concern. I am healing up pretty well.
    [I][COLOR=mediumturquoise]Gombur trained the Chinchilla's who rode to war[/COLOR][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Docargyle View Post
    Faythe!!!!! *does happy dance* We have all missed you. I hope all is well. Please take a moment and tell us how things are going with the job and the family. And thanks for the concern. I am healing up pretty well.

hiya faythe!
    Slammy!

i swung by Vancouver, but alas for only an hour, and quickly transfered.

i made it safe and sound, albiet totally tired, to Shanghai.

met up with the wifie and atteneded a party. i am wrecked now,..lol. i plan to sleep for a long time to get my bearings back. but heck, 'id rather be tired from traveling than tired from overtime!

say hi to everyone in TSW for me Doc.

cheers!

-welby

ps. Slammy, that throwback thursday pic u posted was epic!

She-Elf - good to meet you, I don't think we've played together yet. I might get back in game sometime in the near future and will look out for you.

Doc, Welby, Alditha, Faythe - good to hear from you all, and others I've not mentioned.

Doc - it was a rough season for the Canucks, nice Dwarven RP. I miss those times too. Life has been so stinking busy lately, not had time to barely think, let alone play or RP. As I mentioned in my last post, a few tough things and a few good ones. Good for your Hawks, they look good for another cup... Kane - amazing player...

Here's that pic that Welby mentioned. My bride of 21 years, still as lovely as ever...

and by the way... Slamboy is up to 4 goals now... keep that stick on the ice, eye on the puck, and shoot like you mean it...

What a lovely picture!

*begins designing & baking wedding-esque cakes for the Coffee House*

Hm... Do hobbit weddings feature multi-tiered cakes or just lots of different cakes? Also, do elves do chocolate?

Nice to meet you as well, Elessar2007! Hope you get a chance to get in game soon!

*makes fresh coffee and tea, bakes a batch of Beorning honey-cakes, and mixes up some muffins*

With summer now starting, what are people planning for the upcoming few months?

My family is tentatively planning some small weekend trips, maybe to a fossil site or Renaissance Faire. We're hoping to bring some other relatives along.

Additionally, there's a family reunion and summer camp for my daughter. But, I'll still have time to play!

Quote Originally Posted by she-elf View Post
    *makes fresh coffee and tea, bakes a batch of Beorning honey-cakes, and mixes up some muffins*

With summer now starting, what are people planning for the upcoming few months?

My family is tentatively planning some small weekend trips, maybe to a fossil site or Renaissance Faire. We're hoping to bring some other relatives along.

Additionally, there's a family reunion and summer camp for my daughter. But, I'll still have time to play!

Well,...I just got back from my 2 week va cay to the far East so nothing huge planned this summer. The usual outings,..fleaMarkets,..street fairs.

I love Ren faires,..I need to keep an eye out for the Comic Con Cosplay and Steampunk stuff. It's tough to keep up on it,.gotta be nimble with the interwebs,..heh..

I just discovered what a Capybara is yesterday,...wow,...I never knew these existed,..it looks like a bad photshop job!

It's almost like a Mutant Chilla!!! Capy vs. Wilson! A regular Davy and Goliath!

cheers!

I can't decide if that animal is cute or odd. Probably both. Where is it from?

Who else has plans for enjoying the wonders of summer?

I can't decide if that animal is cute or odd. Probably both. Where is it from?

Who else has plans for enjoying the wonders of summer?
    That's a capybera, a rodent from South America. It's related to the guinea pig, but it's huge and loves to hang out around and in water.
    Favorite Dev Quote from 2009: [b]Graal:[/b] The lack of an instant threat catch up skill is one of the differences in tanking between Wardens and Guardians, just like Wardens dont have a easily used forced taunt. It is unlikely, but not impossible that this will change. Bottom line...Dont die.

#a young hobbit wanders in with a hooded cloak pulled over his head. After takeing off his cloak and hanging it up by the door he wanders to a free chair reading the latest posts in the thread#

Would hate to see the size of the rodent trap neede to catch one of them in the wild

*offers Emerald cake*

Would you like chocolate cake, apple spice cake, carrot cake, or the perennial favorite, fruitcake?

Welcome to the Coffee House, Emerald! How are you?

Don't forget the muffins!

Okay, taking a minute here as requested.

Family is doing well. Spouse had cataract surgery and now he only needs glasses for reading. I have never known him without glasses. I double-take often. I was able to watch the procedure on CCTV and it was fascinating. I, usually, can't even watch my loved ones get a vaccination but this was not bad at all.

We can talk about the oldest son more now. Not sure that wound will ever heal but it seems to be a little easier.
    Middle son is relocating to another city. I am worried but I understand his reasons and am proud of his courage. The youngest son, aka Kahnya, is still doing his thing in the North. I am proud of him. He is doing very well.

My job is still "interesting". Every year we have to discuss our plans with our Managers. I have to refrain from telling him my plans are to make it 4 more years so retirement becomes an option. It will, actually, become an option next year but a better one in four years.

Putting myself to sleep here. Game wise, just got a new gaming laptop and have poked my head in LotRO but mainly playing ESO and Wildstar. Elderscrolls because I"m caught up in the story and Wildstar because there's nothing like dieing, popping up at the rez site and having the announcer voice say. "Oh...it's you again"

Hugs and Muffins for everyone.

Garaf, Welby and I have been playing Wildstar too - what server are you on?

Ooh... cake... *sneakily sneaks several slices* ... and muffins! But if you're playing Wildstar, we need some cupcakes!

I don't really have any plans for the summer. It's a busy time at work so I'm not doing any summer vacation or anything like that. I do have some relatives coming over tomorrow so I'm working on figuring out spaghetti and meatballs for 9 (rather more food than I usually make for just me and Garaf...!).
    [CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Alditha, residing at 6 Harrow Road, Undervale.
    Temporary overseer of the Library of the Randirim, 2 Chalk Road, Ewefields.[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="Yellow"][I]Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to War![/I][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Server Evindra Chua - RazzleMuffin and Mordesh - FloRecsent

Takes a seat by the fire stretching out and roasting his little hobbit feet by the warmth of the fire sighing contently before looking up# If theirs cake and muffins on offer might I ask for a muffin and some cake? And I hope im not being rude but maybe a small cup of coffee as well please? I am doing good myself. Im an old player of lotro starting back into it with a fresh account so im happy to see the coffee house is still up and running

Hey all,

Always good to see a veteran player come back. Welcome.

Anyway, nothing much to report here. Today is Waterloo Day, but I do not have a post. Just a salute.

Take care all. Good to see that Wilson is still employed.

LOTROcon LOTROcon LOTROcon!

Spread the word, among your kin, on your server...other than Landy if possible!

And if you like the Trivia, send us your questions at LOTROcon.com!
    Founder, Leader - www.SonsOfNumenor.com

Wanders in, nods a hello to Wilson and the staff, and a greeting to many friends, near and far. It's been awhile since I checked in (since a lot of us have checked in by the looks of things), so thought I'd just drop by, grab a coffee and a cupcake and set a spell.

So here's what's new with this little Dwarf...

1. Slamteen graduated this spring, and we just got her registered in University. Wow... how the heck did that happen so fast?! As many of you have seen from my Facebook posts she has turned into a beautiful young woman, and I am preparing to beat off the orcish (i.e., young courting men) hordes with a very large stick.
    2. A little side story about her graduation night. There is a special needs young lady who Slamteen has been going to school with since Grade 7. The two of them are great friends. The other young lady was having a very difficult time sitting through a very long grad ceremony - her special needs make for a short attention span, and the crowd was fearfully overstimulating for her. Slamteen, instead of focussing on her own grad ceremony, spent the evening by her side, calming her down, entertaining her, helping her know where to stand, and when to sit. It was beautiful. I am a proud papa.
    3. Work - well, busy as always. Starting to pick up after a relatively slow year. Always seems like there's too much to do, but at least I've not had to travel too much lately.
    4. Speaking of travel - we're all getting very excited about our summer vacation - this year we're blowing the doors off - heading to Switzerland and Italy. Geneva, Venice, Florence and Rome. I am especially looking forward to a gondola ride, a walk through the Vatican, and some crazy good gelato...
    5. why yes Wilson, thank you, I would like a gelato to go with this cupcake...
    6. Slamgirl is enjoying her summer off - she effortlessly coasts through school - or apparently effortlessly - and now is looking to continue her basketball and take up Ultimate.
    7. Slamboy has finished hockey for the season - they finished second - he might try and squeeze inhockey school this summer, but between camping and our vacation - hockey may have to wait until the fall.
    8. Hockey - Gombur - it seems like the Blackhawks of Minas Chicago will be a powerhouse for years to come - those are some impressive contracts that Toews and Kane just signed. Over here, the Canucks have made some wholesale changes - I'm pleased and thinking this will be a better year, especially now that Tortorella and Gillis are gone. Maybe even enough for a return of some Dwarven Hockey RP!
    9. Want to play a bit more LOTRO this summer. Maybe re-start with Slamwise and the adventure Slamboy and I were taking while reading the Hobbit. That was fun.

I'm sure there's more - but those are some of the key things...

So, what's new with you?
    As always, I remain
    At your service
    Slamfist

Hm. Let's see...
    *sets out a chocolate cake, an apple spice cake, and a carrot cake*

What am I missing? Oh, yes!
    *puts out a plate of muffins and starts the coffee*
    That should do it.

How are people's summer's going? We're about half-way through or so, enduring a bit of a sticky heat wave here. It's only in the 90s here, but the humidity makes it feel so much worse. *sighs*

Is everyone else having fun and keeping cool?

Exciting times Slammy! Your summer vacation sounds amazing. Post pictures when you get back!!

Anyone watching the World Cup today?

How are people's summer's going? We're about half-way through or so, enduring a bit of a sticky heat wave here. It's only in the 90s here, but the humidity makes it feel so much worse. *sighs*
    According to the fahrenheit-celsius calculator, it's in the high 80s here, maybe pushing 90, which qualifies as "heat wave" by our standards. I was going to come in here and say how hot it was, but then there are people like you for whom 90 is actually not that bad. I'm a wimp!

My summer is otherwise pretty boring - just working like normal, except it's a few degrees warmer. I started doing a French storytime last week and discovered my language skills have pitifully declined since university... oh well. By the end of the summer I might be able to speak without grasping for vocabulary every second sentence.
    [CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Alditha, residing at 6 Harrow Road, Undervale.
    Temporary overseer of the Library of the Randirim, 2 Chalk Road, Ewefields.[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="Yellow"][I]Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to War![/I][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Hi all! still going! That caffeine must be good!

I do not consider myself a nature guy at all,....surround me with man-carved buildings and vast infrastructure and I'm good.

But I will say , one of my highlights, so far, this summer was spending the night at a National park upstate here, named Bear Mountain for the 4th of July weekend.

Mmm,.not much planned later,..I think we just figure it will be oppressively hot so don't make plans,.hehe,..but sometimes,..not having plans leads to pleasant surprises.

I do miss ye'ol coffeehouse,..I get my fix though with some ya'll thankfully during Friday game night,...which evolved from Online PnP D&D,..to TSW mmo,..now to online board games,..

so many games,..all medias,..so little time.

I've been kicking around in WildStar lately,...but The new Paths of the Dead are sounding intriguing,..it's been so long,..I may just dust off me dwarf and get him leveled up to be ready.

And what's this I hear about the expansion being more 'group' friendly? this true?

cheers all!

Stay Cool!

I've not really heard much about the new expansion being group-friendly, though the world channel on my server seems to think it was designed so you have to grind the final level.

So, while people are out and about, have some cake! New recipe, uses 7-up. I know it sounds weird, but tastes good, I think.

*offers 7-up vanilla cake with sprinkles on top*

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast