We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Good Day, Landrovalrim,

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Yes I am still alive, and playing The Secret World. I enjoy it very much. Stll log in to Lotro for a bit on weekends.
    I am actually feeling pretty good lately, and I miss the coffee house very much, so I thought I would stop in to see how Wilson and the Lads are doing.
    Take care, everyone.
    Gombur Gromburson, Level 105 Guardian
    Kin Leader of Remnant
    Commander of the 92nd Dwarven Highlanders

Quote Originally Posted by Alditha View Post
    everything is awesome

everything is cool when you're part of a team

sha na na na na

Edit: /shakefist at Lotro forums disallowing all caps. Anyway, the LEGO movie was very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garaf7 View Post
    Awesome video

See! I told you about that blasted song!

Quote Originally Posted by Docargyle View Post
    Good Day, Landrovalrim,

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Yes I am still alive, and playing The Secret World. I enjoy it very much. Stll log in to Lotro for a bit on weekends.
    I am actually feeling pretty good lately, and I miss the coffee house very much, so I thought I would stop in to see how Wilson and the Lads are doing.
    Take care, everyone.

Glad you enjoying TSW, Doc. Sometimes elves just get a bit annoying,..heheh.. gotta break it up.

Lotro been sitting idle for a long time,..between TSW and Work,..and RL.

but this player event sounded pretty fun actually,..may log in to check it out.

Solve-A-Mystery Roleplay Contest and Concert

Eru bless those rp'ers,..keep'in the world alive!

Wilson is prolly busy in the coffeebean fields,..getting back to his roots,...viva la Caffeine !

Whew,..so,.ya,.every so often I get into a rollercoaster of a wave of work. Been pretty locked down this past week,..but it's lifting some.

And wow,.what a nice day it is today here,...hardly believe we are scheduled for more cold snow,..go away winter,..you're drunk!

anyways,..I do have work to do...cheers all!

-Welby

posted on FB,..awesome pic.

*peeks into the coffeehouse and looks around*
    Sorry, I'm out of clever sayings for sigs. :(

Quote Originally Posted by she-elf View Post
    *peeks into the coffeehouse and looks around*
    *pauses mid-gulp, a ginormous pile of pie and cakes from the last three weeks of pastry hobbit deliveries in front of her.*

Gah! I didn't realize anyone was still here!

Um... want some pie?
    [CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Alditha, residing at 6 Harrow Road, Undervale.
    Temporary overseer of the Library of the Randirim, 2 Chalk Road, Ewefields.[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="Yellow"][I]Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to War![/I][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

No pie, thank you. But perhaps some cake, please?

Have a hobbit hole cake! (Though this one looks just too pretty to eat, really...)

Temporary overseer of the Library of the Randirim, 2 Chalk Road, Ewefields.[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="Yellow"][I]Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to War![/I][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Oh my! Who could ever eat such a cute cake?! Not I!

Um, is it chocolate?

yummm... cake. nomnomnom.

Hey folks, just dropping by to say hi as well. Hope all are well. Frightfully busy. Canucks suck this year so the good part of that is I'm not having to worry about paying attention to hockey playoffs. But on the other hand, have filled the vacuum with all sorts of stuff.

New school building opened last month, building a pump and well in Honduras, shutting down a not-for-profit in vancouver (which totally sucks), and then there's my actual day job - my real work that pays the bills is frightfully busy. Then Slamteen is nearing graduation! 3 months away!

I'm glad to see a few familiar faces pop in. Gombur - glad you're doing well.

Aanother slice of cake please Alditha!
    [I][COLOR=#40e0d0]Slamfist of Landroval and Silverlode - Slamwise - Slamburger - Slamrat - and Joe[/COLOR][/I]
    [COLOR=#ffff00]< [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=351547"]a Hobbit's Tale[/URL]> < [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?313127"]Behold the Chinchillas![/URL] > [/COLOR]

(Despite the date this is an actual event, just so you know.)

Come all to the
    First Annual
    Doo-dah Parade!

The Doo-dah parade takes it's name from the traditional pre-Rose parade parady started decades ago in Pasadena, California. Folks, a bit heavy with the weight of many ales, marched the route of the world famous Rose Parade. Years later the event has become home to endless humorous stunts and groups.

Tuesday and hence forth on April Fools day, we shall take wing....and in many and varied form parade from the Shire through Bree and beyond!

10 p.m. EST, Landroval
    Assemble at the Sandson Farm!

Founder, Leader - www.SonsOfNumenor.com

*reluctantly slices up adorable hobbit hole cake... which is indeed chocolate... and passes out slices*

I'm about to head to work, where I'm going to take some photos of our stuffed animals manning the information desk, and post them on the library's facebook page with a note that all the staff have gone to Hawaii and left the stuffies in charge of the place. Anyone else doing something silly for April Fools?

Good Morning Landrovalrim,

Slammy, good to hear from you. And early congrats to Slamteen.

Alditha, you butchered an object de Art! But the cake probably tasted as good as it looked.

Nothing really new here to report. I am still having a blast with The Secret World. I log in to lotro and if my friends aren't on, there is just nothing I wish to do. I truly hope that they are working on something new and that they reconsider raids. Or reduce the xp gained by questing or add more quests to the next expansion so that it takes longer to do. I don't play alts unlike other people so once I have done the quests on Gombur, there really isn't a lot to do.

Well, I must be off. Take care everyone.
    Kin Leader of Remnant

Hey Slammy! good to hear from ya!

THIS is Relevant to our interests , meThinks

*bakes fresh chocolate cake for the Coffee House*

*manages to not eat it all herself*

Anyone else want some? It's a perfect way to celebrate Spring!

Afternoon, Landrovalrim,

/bows to She-Elf. Well met and thank you for the cake. Next time breakfast rolls around, you must try a plate of Gombur's award winning corned beef hash!

Well, as some of you know, yesterday was a tough day for me. I had to go over to Fed-ex to fax some papers to my accountant. When I left the store, I guess I wasn't paying attention to the world around me. I thought I was on the ramp for disabled folks, but I wasn't. So I took a step and promptly stepped off the curb, lost my balance, and took a very hard fall. Fortunately, there were no cars entering the lot, so I didn't get run over. And I also had the good fortune to have left my oxygen tank in the car. I hate to think of what might have happened if I had landed on the tank with my head or my back.
    The folks there were very nice, and they all ran out to help me up. I declined an ambulance and went home. Today I am bruised up, and my left knee got scraped pretty badly, but the worst feeling is the loss of dignity when these things happen. Although I am making strides in my rehab, I still have a rough time if I have to move to a side suddenly. I lose my balance pretty quickly. I think its because of the neuropathy. I really cant feel my feet most days.

Well, take care folks. I will stop in more often. I would really like to save this tradition. If even a few of the people who lurk in the shadows would say something, we would still be strong. And if push comes to shove, in June I could do another Waterloo edjumication. ( I have another topic) Or at the end of May, I could talk about the Dreadnaught naval race like I promised, and how it made the first World War almost inevitable. ( and how Britain almost lost control of the North sea in a few minutes on a cloudy day in June)

Take care folks.
    Kin Leader of Remnant

Hm. Perhaps more variety of cake? Is it possible some people don't like chocolate cake?
    ... Nah, that can't be it! *makes an apple spice dump cake, just in case*

Sorry to hear about your accident, Docargyle! I hope you're feeling better by now! Looking forward to hearing the history lesson.

I do have a few colleagues who are allergic to chocolate (horror!), so it's a possibility, she-elf.

Oy, Doc, I hope you're feeling better after that fall. I, for one, could go for edjumication any time.

I guess it's now officially time for chicken hockey only kinships.

1) Make Beorning
    2) Name him Beargeron, Bearchuk or Rawrsk
    3) Start kinship
    4) Name it Breeland Bruins

More of a Canucks fan? Devils? Lightning? Sharks? I'm sure we can arrange something there, too.

Then we all play for the Steward's Cup. Cup finale in Minas Tirith.
    [CENTER]“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

[/CENTER]

To do: Create kinship call Clan of the Cave Bear, another called "Pooh's Rangers" and another called "Beorns on Parade."

I'd certainly be tempted to join a kin called Pooh's Rangers or Beorns on Parade!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, with massive amounts of eggs and candy! Candy: the best way to celebrate any weekend!

I'm at work. Wishing I were, but then it pays more being here. So if my Monday must suck, then let it suck at hourly consultants rates.

Just dropping in to say hi. there has been some excellent playoff hockey this last week, some great series out there. Unfortunately, none featuring my Canucks.

It's been a tough month on a personal level - a pregnant friend at work lost their baby. Another colleague just moved their spouse into hospice care for end-stage cancer. A ministry I've been with for 17 years in Vancouver is shutting it's doors this week due to lack of finances.

On the plus side, Slamteen is graduating in a month and we are touring colleges together. That's been fun. Slamgirl just had her 15th birthday - where does the time go?! And Slamboy had an excellent hockey game on the weekend, with three great scoring chances - but didn't get a goal. Keep telling him to hang in there, keep doing what he's doing and the goals will come!

So, I'm hanging in there. Miss this group, and good to see you all once in awhile. Anyone still playing? Are we really coming up on 7 years since closed Beta? Yikes!

at your service.
    [I][COLOR=#40e0d0]Slamfist of Landroval and Silverlode - Slamwise - Slamburger - Slamrat - and Joe[/COLOR][/I]
    [COLOR=#ffff00]< [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=351547"]a Hobbit's Tale[/URL]> < [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?313127"]Behold the Chinchillas![/URL] > [/COLOR]

Congrats to Slamteen & Slamgirl! Good luck to Slamboy too! Hopefully, he'll get his goal soon!

Sounds like there's a lot going on for people! Spring has really sprung, I guess!

I still play, Elessar, but I don't think I've ever played with you. I'm more RP than game, though I enjoy the story lines. So, I inch my way through content with all the speed of molasses in January. (Kudos to anyone who catches that incredibly obscure movie reference!)

*offers cinnamon coffee cake*

I didn't even realize that phrase came from a movie, she-elf.

Yay for the Slamkids&teens! I'm glad that there has been a positive aspect to this month for you. I don't really log in to LotRO at all - I got up to the first big battle for Helm's Deep and found it a bit too confusing to get through without being frustrated. I will probably keep getting the expansions and logging in to play them when they appear, if only because I want to keep supporting the LotRO team (and I don't pay for my subscription).

Garaf and I have been puttering around the beta of a new MMO called Wildstar that's coming out in June, which looks like a fun diversion. Otherwise life is going along as usual, still waiting on Garaf's papers, and getting really into preparing for Summer Reading Club at the library (yep, we start planning in February actually, haha).

LOTRO Conclave III is coming, are you ready?

Gombur, comes back into the coffee house after a light skate. Last nights overtime game was another tough contest. The Saruman Blues were tough, skilled, and deadly in the corners, and the old veteran of the BlackHawks was tired, bruised and battered. As he goes to his locker, he pauses by a familiar spot, the Vancouver wing of the coffee house locker room. He walks over to his great friend and Arch-rival Slamfist's locker. Taking a cloth out of his gym bag, he carefully wipes the dust off of the top of the locker. This year, for the first time in a long while, there is no battle to the death between the Canucks and the 'Hawks. Vancouver had many setbacks during the past season, and they did not make the playoffs this year. But Gombur misses his old adversary. He opens the locker, and makes sure that the uniform sweaters and hung just so, and flicks some dust from them. The sticks are aligned just the way Slamfist left them. After making sure that everything is just how Slamfist would have wanted it, and resisting the massive urge to tie the Sedin brother's sweaters into knots and pouring Elvish perfume on them, he walks away alone. The 'Hawks are up 3-2 with the series going back to their home ice, and Gombur should be happy. But the grizzled veteran misses his friend and rival, and he knows its just not the same.

Kin Leader of Remnant

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast