We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Docargyle View Post
    Hey Landrovalrim,

Nothing much is going on. Just trying to survive the cold. My electric bill doubled last month, and next week is supposed to be even colder. Anyway, bumpity bumpity bump to the thread to keep it going. To my knowledge, we have never had a thread go to page two while it was still "alive".
    Throw some more logs on the fire!

Is it like this in Vc? I mean,..Vc is more North,..there must be something about Chicago that pulls the Coldness down!

Missed ya last night ,Doc. DDO night was postponed. But me and Cartel jumped into 'The Secret World' with Del for a spin. Been awhile since I played it.

See ya in the Moors sometime! Creepy heal potions have been changed to a percentage. seems better! Wonder how the other changes, like macroing, will affect things.

cheers!

-Welby

Hey welby, whats the Secret World? I didn't get on because I got an email from Del saying she had things to do, and I saw cartel in game and he said you and he were gonna come on the Moors. Anyway, can you or someone explain macro'ing to me? I know something is going on but I don't know what it is. you guys missed a heck of a fight. I got more than 3k infamy in about an hour.
    Gombur Gromburson, Level 105 Guardian
    Kin Leader of Remnant
    Commander of the 92nd Dwarven Highlanders

Hey welby, whats the Secret World? I didn't get on because I got an email from Del saying she had things to do, and I saw cartel in game and he said you and he were gonna come on the Moors. Anyway, can you or someone explain macro'ing to me? I know something is going on but I don't know what it is. you guys missed a heck of a fight. I got more than 3k infamy in about an hour.

That email was from Garaf/Crawa, they had things to get done last night so called things off. The Secret World is just another MMO. F2P. It's a modern mmo, using guns/swords/and magic. It has a creepy zombie/occult tone.

Macro'ing is when you 'program' a sequence or buttons together. LIke say,..you know your normal rotation is punch , kick, swing, MegaPunch. INstead of hitting those buttons one by one,..you can make one button to basically time them all out.

So I am guessing for the Moors case. People have figured out how to use them to use Skills, then Swap Trees, and Use those new skills( regardless of the cooldowns on the former tree) and Blast people.
    But that's just what I've 'heard'.

----------

Snowy day today! Cold was Not in the single digits so bearable. The wifie and I wandered down to Chinatown to get some foodstuffs and Chinese New Year Decorations.
    I also found a great Malaysian restaurant. I've been craving 'Beef Rendang' for a long time and for some reason Malaysian restaurants are few here.

Instead of 'Alt-itis',...I think I am starting to get a case of MMO itis. Gahhh,..I am glad I am not in college years anymore,..otherwise I'd do like a goldfish and kill myself from over MMO consumption

cheers all!

-Welby

thanks Welby. I think your description of Macro's is exactly what is going on.
    Kin Leader of Remnant

That's one funny cat video! Must be Delaney's training....

Well, I was on my way to Denver tonight for some business meetings but all my appointments got cancelled, along with a massive snow warning. I believe this was a good thing... I cancelled my flight with an hour to spare!
    [I][COLOR=#40e0d0]Slamfist of Landroval and Silverlode - Slamwise - Slamburger - Slamrat - and Joe[/COLOR][/I]
    [COLOR=#ffff00]< [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=351547"]a Hobbit's Tale[/URL]> < [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?313127"]Behold the Chinchillas![/URL] > [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar2007 View Post
    That's one funny cat video! Must be Delaney's training....

Well, I was on my way to Denver tonight for some business meetings but all my appointments got cancelled, along with a massive snow warning. I believe this was a good thing... I cancelled my flight with an hour to spare!
    Better safe than sorry , eh! Planes + snow = onBoard liquor service!

Get home safely after you go There and Back Again!

Not to temp the Tos Bat but,..

Happy Chinese New Year all!

Year of the HorseLord!

Today I took off and we'll head on over to the Chinatown area across the water and get some festive Foods,..maybe see a dragon or two.

Then get back in time to perhaps hit some dungeons!

Cheers!

-Welby

Quote Originally Posted by Beschutzer View Post
    Better safe than sorry , eh! Planes + snow = onBoard liquor service!

Get home safely after you go There and Back Again!

Not to temp the Tos Bat but,..

Happy Chinese New Year all!

Year of the HorseLord!

Today I took off and we'll head on over to the Chinatown area across the water and get some festive Foods,..maybe see a dragon or two.

Then get back in time to perhaps hit some dungeons!

Cheers!

-Welby
    Well, the good thing about the cancelled flight was that I was able to make the Company Chinese New Year celebration and Happy Hour!

Gung Hay Fat Choi! Nice Year of the Horse pic Welby!
    [I][COLOR=#40e0d0]Slamfist of Landroval and Silverlode - Slamwise - Slamburger - Slamrat - and Joe[/COLOR][/I]
    [COLOR=#ffff00]< [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=351547"]a Hobbit's Tale[/URL]> < [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?313127"]Behold the Chinchillas![/URL] > [/COLOR]

Howdy all!

I'm starting to find myself with more time than I have for the past few... months, so hopefully I can swing by more regularly. I might even make a post tomorrow that's a bit more substansive than a some links. But this seemed like a better solution than trying to crosspost a few months worth of projects.

Embossed Silver Flame Shield

Double-sided Frame

Practice Placard

Eva Handbag

There's some older projects too that I'm sure weren't cross posted over here, but those are the ones from this year. This upcoming week I should have a lot of little projects from our D&D troupe with any luck, and that should be interesting.

Happy Chinese New Year to all you folk. =)
    [center][color=#c8c8c8][font=papyrus][size=3]~ ~ [url=http://library.randirim.org][color=#c8c8c8]Library of the Randirim[/color][/url] ~ ~[/size]
    2 Chalk Road, Ewefields, Shire
    [url=http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Garaf][color=#c8c8c8]Bregaur Garaf[/color][/url] and [url=http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/User:Garaf7/Esslar][color=#c8c8c8]Esslar Reinind[/color][/url], Founders of the [url=http://randirim.org][color=#c8c8c8]Randirim[/color][/url][/font][/color]
    [font=Copperplate][color=green]Pellinor Kettlehelm, Brewery Mechanic for the Order of the Leaf & Bean[/color][/font][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Garaf7 View Post
    But this seemed like a better solution than trying to crosspost a few months worth of projects.

Embossed Silver Flame Shield

Eva Handbag

There's some older projects too that I'm sure weren't cross posted over here, but those are the ones from this year. This upcoming week I should have a lot of little projects from our D&D troupe with any luck, and that should be interesting.

Happy Chinese New Year to all you folk. =)

That handbag is pro!

I can see you being a be a hit at the Steampunk shows!

Well, the good thing about the cancelled flight was that I was able to make the Company Chinese New Year celebration and Happy Hour!

Gung Hay Fat Choi! Nice Year of the Horse pic Welby!

I saw your facebook about seeing that Indian play,.and it reminded me of this trailer,...

The Lunchbox

Looks pretty good,..I just hope they can release it here on it's own without replacing everyone with Ryan Reynolds and Jennifer Garner,....I'm ,..c'mon,...we can do subtitles,.we're adults!

=========

Soooo,..how 'bout those Broncos. heh

I must say,...between the two teams I did side with them,..if only because I was stationed in Colorado for a time and couldn't escape them.
    But alas,....anyways..I was only half watching..

that day,..which was a supernaturally nice day out in NY,..we were walking around and cut through times square,..apparently they had some big Superbowl thing going on,..but it was so sad. It's like a party and nobody came. Serves them right for trying to force yet another "Must attend" event at us,..so obviously commercial. Git' outta heer!

But what is welcome? A Tour from Lindsey Stirling,.coming in June. Thanks Del for pointing this out!

Lindsey Sterling- Lord of the Rings

Yeah,..Zelda Cosplay and Musically Talented,..trained in the lore of geekdom?? pretty much a nerd's dreamgirl,..unless you're trying to sleep .hehee..

Should be a funky show,..how is she not booked at Pax or something!?!

Soooo,...if anyone in da tri-state area or within driving distance want's in,..we can set something up in June.

Cheers all!

-Welby

In case u missed it,...(SPOILERS, of course)

That handbag is pro!

I can see you being a be a hit at the Steampunk shows!

I can even tell you where they got those buckles =P

Should be a pretty slow day around here (with any luck). Normally I'd be working on the project of the week by now but this week the project is building a bunch of made-to-order commissions for our D&D troupe and I won't find out what they want until tomorrow evening. So in the interim I'm just catching up with purely recreational things and keeping the proverbial home fires burning. Though now that I type that I remember that the building two doors down the block from us burned down to the ground last Friday. 75 people lost their residences but it doesn't look like anyone was hurt so it could've been much, much worse. I slept through the whole thing (most of the activity was between 01:30 and 04:00) and didn't even know anything had happened until I got up and found my phone full of text messages from relatives who heard about it from the news). For us it was a surreal cap to a stressful, liberating, blarg-y week but no harm was done.

Tonight we'll be firing up Secret World for the first time. Should be fun. We'll probably try to get a grasp on the basics and then try to hunt down the Incarnum group. =P

Ya'll have a good 'un!
    [center][color=#c8c8c8][font=papyrus][size=3]~ ~ [url=http://library.randirim.org][color=#c8c8c8]Library of the Randirim[/color][/url] ~ ~[/size]
    [url=http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Garaf][color=#c8c8c8]Bregaur Garaf[/color][/url] and [url=http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/User:Garaf7/Esslar][color=#c8c8c8]Esslar Reinind[/color][/url], Founders of the [url=http://randirim.org][color=#c8c8c8]Randirim[/color][/url][/font][/color]
    [font=Copperplate][color=green]Pellinor Kettlehelm, Brewery Mechanic for the Order of the Leaf & Bean[/color][/font][/center]

Good morning, folks... thought I'd stop by and say hello. Haven't been playing much lotro lately, despite an attempt one night. I have played around with ESO a little and while my opinion is still mixed, I want to like it so badly that I"ll probably buy it anyway Also, I pledged for StarCitizen, probably for a similar reason.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000dc021/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Gloern[/COLOR][/B] -[COLOR="DarkOrchid"] L65 Guardian[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Tieranor[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Minstrel[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Swana[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L45 Hunter[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Thoern[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Champion[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Lenamyr[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L15 Captain[/COLOR]
    Anonymous is up for it though. Anonymous is legion. -PastorInsanity

Nice to see you OBJ!

I'm enjoying my long weekend (it's Family Day in BC) so far. I really needed it! I just wanted to stop by to share this:

Oh Smaug.
    [CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Alditha, residing at 6 Harrow Road, Undervale.
    Temporary overseer of the Library of the Randirim, 2 Chalk Road, Ewefields.[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="Yellow"][I]Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to War![/I][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Hey folks, been a while since I have posted. Just glad to see that the thread is still going. As many of you folks know, I have been playing the secret world, and its great. Don't see myself playing much Lotro anytime soon.
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I am ok. Starting to see some physiological changes in me that lets me know the rehab is working.

Have a good day, and Hi OBJ!! I miss you, and Faythe, and Ilisdor, and all the rest of the old crew.

Take care Landrovalrim
    Kin Leader of Remnant

Have a good day, and Hi OBJ!! I miss you, and Faythe, and Ilisdor, and all the rest of the old crew.
    Anyone up for a Grand Stairs run? While I find it hard to get back into lotro, I do miss the old days of running instaces

I hope your therapy continues to show improvement!

Good morning, folks.. working from home today because the snow forecast (12+ inches where I am located). Is there a better time for coffee?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000dc021/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Gloern[/COLOR][/B] -[COLOR="DarkOrchid"] L65 Guardian[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Tieranor[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Minstrel[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Swana[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L45 Hunter[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Thoern[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Champion[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Lenamyr[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L15 Captain[/COLOR]
    Anonymous is up for it though. Anonymous is legion. -PastorInsanity

Evening Landrovalrim,

@OBJ, good to see you and I certainly remember those runs.

Now, I saw something today on tv that staggered me. I was watching the US hockey team against the Slovaks, when it happened. Real end of the world stuff. Lambs and lions, cats and dogs, revelation type end of the world stuff. A Chicago Blackhawk player, kane, is not only on the same team as a Vancouver Canuck player, Kessler, but they are PLAYING ON THE SAME LINE!! A truer sign that the end is near I have never seen.

Have a good day everyone
    Kin Leader of Remnant

Howdy allez! I don't suppose it's still morning but I'm having coffee anyway. And tea once the coffee is gone of course.

A few weeks back we said our goodbyes to the XIV guild we were in for the last year but it wasn't quite quick enough to avoid being wrapped up in the inevitable implosion that occurred. So that was gnarly and now we're back to freelancing things, which, to be frank, is a bit of an improvement. I've been catching up with some other games, notably WoW and Minecraft, and once that's "done" we figure to toss ourselves whole hog into TSW. I doubt we'll do much with LotRO for the forseeable future.

I've been keeping pretty busy. I finished one project this week (Khorvaire Map) then jumped straight into making a wallet for Alditha. That didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped but I'm cranking out another one in short order, if only to test a different approach to making wallets. They certainly don't seem cost effective though. You can get a wallet at Wal-Mart for $10-20 but for me to make a wallet by hand the price is closer to $70-90 (depending on the wallet). I suspect I can slim that down a good deal (not having to buy the kits for the inserts would cut my material cost in half) but at best I don't know that there's that many folk willing to pay $40 for a wallet.

In any case, that's what I've been up to for the past while. Things are looking up 'round here and hopefully the rest of ya'll can say the same. =)

Hi OBJ!

Evening Landrovalrim,

@OBJ, good to see you and I certainly remember those runs.

Now, I saw something today on tv that staggered me. I was watching the US hockey team against the Slovaks, when it happened. Real end of the world stuff. Lambs and lions, cats and dogs, revelation type end of the world stuff. A Chicago Blackhawk player, kane, is not only on the same team as a Vancouver Canuck player, Kessler, but they are PLAYING ON THE SAME LINE!! A truer sign that the end is near I have never seen.

Have a good day everyone
    And the crazier thing Doc, was that line looked awesome! Then on Team Canada, we've got Toews and Keith, playing alongside Luongo and Hamhuis... The world has been turned on its head! When Team USA plays Team Canada in the Semi-finals (which it kind of looks like it's lining up to happen)... that will be a truly apocalyptic scenario! Love the Olympic hockey!

Howdy allez! I don't suppose it's still morning but I'm having coffee anyway. And tea once the coffee is gone of course.

A few weeks back we said our goodbyes to the XIV guild we were in for the last year but it wasn't quite quick enough to avoid being wrapped up in the inevitable implosion that occurred. So that was gnarly and now we're back to freelancing things, which, to be frank, is a bit of an improvement. I've been catching up with some other games, notably WoW and Minecraft, and once that's "done" we figure to toss ourselves whole hog into TSW. I doubt we'll do much with LotRO for the forseeable future.

I've been keeping pretty busy. I finished one project this week (Khorvaire Map) then jumped straight into making a wallet for Alditha. That didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped but I'm cranking out another one in short order, if only to test a different approach to making wallets. They certainly don't seem cost effective though. You can get a wallet at Wal-Mart for $10-20 but for me to make a wallet by hand the price is closer to $70-90 (depending on the wallet). I suspect I can slim that down a good deal (not having to buy the kits for the inserts would cut my material cost in half) but at best I don't know that there's that many folk willing to pay $40 for a wallet.

In any case, that's what I've been up to for the past while. Things are looking up 'round here and hopefully the rest of ya'll can say the same. =)
    Nice fab Smaug Alditha. Glad to hear you and Garaf are doing well. We never did get together for a pizza night or something. Time flies.. How's Garaf's residency info / application coming along?

I popped into LotRO for a bit a few days ago, and soloed some of the Erebor stuff (scaled down to level 20) because I'd been curious to see the content. I'll probably hop in again sometime to finish that set of instances.

Nice fab Smaug Alditha. Glad to hear you and Garaf are doing well. We never did get together for a pizza night or something. Time flies.. How's Garaf's residency info / application coming along?
    Augh! And we've made pizza for family gatherings a few times now... that's it, I'm putting finding a time to invite you (and the slam-fam?) over back on my "to-do" list!

As for the other...the bureaucracy, it chugs along at its usual molasses-like pace. Just twiddling thumbs for now.
    Temporary overseer of the Library of the Randirim, 2 Chalk Road, Ewefields.[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="Yellow"][I]Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to War![/I][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

It's been twiddling thumbs for an infuriating amount of time but there isn't really anything to be done about it. I'd love to call and check on it and just verify that it's still in the works but there's no number to call at this point so there's not much that I can do. Other than work on leather-y stuff and prepare for the day I can be a productive member of society again anyway. Speaking of:

Alditha Wallet
    White Tree Dice Bag

This week I'm stitching together one more wallet, largely as an experiment and to use up an insert that I got in the leatherworking kit I started off with some... has it been 5 years? Yeesh. After that I figure I'll crank out a bunch of dice bags in rapid secession to tease out some of the factors that work best together.

How're all ya'll doin'?

I've heard Turbine's laid off even more devs and things don't seem to be going so well for LotRO lately. Combined with the long term all-around unreliability and shoddiness of the forums here I'm guessing that's probably why there's some days between posts now days.

howdy folks.

mostly been doing ESO beta stuff - I was fortunate enough to be in the long term testing group and that's likely where I will land for some time to come. I still punch wargs and all now and again. Finally cleared the 3-mans for Dol Guldur and one of the two for Lorien. The mirror hall was interesting. Mostly surviving my kids continued growth and work.

It's been twiddling thumbs for an infuriating amount of time but there isn't really anything to be done about it. I'd love to call and check on it and just verify that it's still in the works but there's no number to call at this point so there's not much that I can do. Other than work on leather-y stuff and prepare for the day I can be a productive member of society again anyway. Speaking of:

Alditha Wallet
    White Tree Dice Bag

This week I'm stitching together one more wallet, largely as an experiment and to use up an insert that I got in the leatherworking kit I started off with some... has it been 5 years? Yeesh. After that I figure I'll crank out a bunch of dice bags in rapid secession to tease out some of the factors that work best together.

Dice bags are cool!

Seeing that wallet makes me think of a Bookcover,...have you made a book cover yet? Book protector,rather.

How're all ya'll doin'?

I've heard Turbine's laid off even more devs and things don't seem to be going so well for LotRO lately. Combined with the long term all-around unreliability and shoddiness of the forums here I'm guessing that's probably why there's some days between posts now days.
    /sadtrombone

yeah,..I can only speak from my perspective but lotro is definitely wanning these days for me. Nothing saying it couldn't have a revival,..but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulkfather View Post
    howdy folks.

mostly been doing ESO beta stuff - I was fortunate enough to be in the long term testing group and that's likely where I will land for some time to come. I still punch wargs and all now and again. Finally cleared the 3-mans for Dol Guldur and one of the two for Lorien. The mirror hall was interesting. Mostly surviving my kids continued growth and work.

I really don't wanna play ESO,..but I sorta feel obliged too,..lol,..weird, right. I have the same enthusiasm for it as I did for GW2,...meh. I'll give it the ol' college try.

otherwise,..not much else going on here.

Is it Spring yet? heh,...

Dice bags are cool!

Seeing that wallet makes me think of a Bookcover,...have you made a book cover yet? Book protector,rather.
    I've made a cover for a binder but that's about as close as I've gotten so far. If there's ever a book for me to cover though, I can get it done! I finished putting together the second wallet last night (a bit sooner than I'd expected too) so I guess I should cobble together some sort of blurb for that.

/sadtrombone

yeah,..I can only speak from my perspective but lotro is definitely wanning these days for me. Nothing saying it couldn't have a revival,..but time will tell.
    It's been waning for awhile, but it's waned and waxed before. I could certainly see a "revival" happening but only if the proverbial overlords stop pulling resources out of the game and start putting resources into it.

I really don't wanna play ESO,..but I sorta feel obliged too,..lol,..weird, right. I have the same enthusiasm for it as I did for GW2,...meh. I'll give it the ol' college try.

otherwise,..not much else going on here.

Is it Spring yet? heh,...

I've had MMOs and betas I've played out of some sense of obligation before and 4 times out 5 it seems like nothing came of it. Every so often the result exceeds my initial expectation, but it's an exception rather than a rule. At the moment I feel like saying that if something hasn't caught your interest within a week's time, it probably isn't worth further time/money/interest.

We haven't seen any movies (in a theater anyway) since Hobbit II came out but the missus has some time off next week and we're figuring on heading out to see the LEGO movie finally.
    Last edited by Garaf7; Feb 28 2014 at 12:12 PM.

everything is awesome

everything is cool when you're part of a team

sha na na na na

Edit: /shakefist at Lotro forums disallowing all caps. Anyway, the LEGO movie was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Alditha View Post
    everything is awesome

everything is cool when you're part of a team

sha na na na na

Edit: /shakefist at Lotro forums disallowing all caps. Anyway, the LEGO movie was very good.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast