We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Statler and Waldorf jack'o'lanterns would be awesome.

My 3 year old daughter is going to be a dragon. She is fascinated with dragons. Paid no attention to the latest Hobbit trailer until Smaug showed up on screen and then DWAAAAAAAAAAAAGIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIN

Ye olde Coffee Holme. Really glad to see this thread still going. It's a staple for LoTRO and Landroval and has even been featured in articles and news outlets as a sign of a strong community for Turbine (Right alongside Weatherstock.) I think it's important to keep this tradition alive. I met my wife on Landroval shortly after launch, I owe this community so much. Keep on keeping on!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000019a53/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Mulkfather View Post

My 3 year old daughter is going to be a dragon. She is fascinated with dragons. Paid no attention to the latest Hobbit trailer until Smaug showed up on screen and then DWAAAAAAAAAAAAGIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIN
    Aww I want to be a dragon too!!

Speaking of Halloween, I'm managing to go to a Halloween party this year dressed as a Mickey Mouse Wizard... This is what happens when your girlfriend lives 20 minutes from Disney World I can't complain about being a wizard, though, at least I won't be late...

Hope you all had a nice day
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000dc021/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Gloern[/COLOR][/B] -[COLOR="DarkOrchid"] L65 Guardian[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Tieranor[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Minstrel[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Swana[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L45 Hunter[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Thoern[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Champion[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Lenamyr[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L15 Captain[/COLOR]
    Anonymous is up for it though. Anonymous is legion. -PastorInsanity

Hi, guys. I'm gonna be kinda, sorta sporadic for awhile. I went to my ENT this a.m. and it seems I have caught the MRSA bug from the Robo-Hubs. Because I changed out all his IV's and stuff for him when he had it, he was generous enough to pass it on to me. But it seems I have it in my sinuses, which is very hard to get rid of. Nice, huh?

Everybody have a good one!

Afternoon Landrovalrim,

Val, tell Robo Hubby to stop giving you gifts that you don't want or need! Seriously, that's a tough one to fight, but please get well.

I hope everyone is well today. I had a good doctor's visit Monday (pending blood work results) but of course my Whacky Wal Mart insurance reared its ugly head, again. I got a letter from them and it seems that they rejected all my pulmonary rehab therapy bills from late july, September, and October. According to them, my policy only allows a few weeks of physical therapy. except this isn't physical therapy, its pulmonary. And, I never knew that because I have never once actually seen the terms of my policy. You have to be able to log on to a specific walmart website, and I cant because I do not work for walmart. this is Cobra. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Anyway, the pulmonary folks are checking into it, and they assured me that they will work with me on the 2000 dollar bill. Boy, they aint kidding that one serious illness can destroy everything you built instantly. I still have some assets outside of my retirement annuity, but between medical costs and the impending demise of my airconditioning unit which will require about a 6k replacement cost, my list of assets grows thin, as Lord Elrond might say.

This week is Green Bay Packer week for Bears fans around the world. Although the Bears have been decimated by injuries to too many key people this season, the level of anti packer feeling runs high. One of the Bears websites I belong to has a topic this week concerning how much we hate the Pack. Here is my contribution:

"To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"
    If those words sound familiar, they should be. They are from Melville's book, "Moby Dick" and were famously uttered by "Khan Noonan Singh" at the end of the Star Trek Movie "Wrath of Khan".

Have a good weekend folks. I am considering another in depth military history Edjumication for Spring. It wont be about Waterloo, but will be another topic that I find fascinating. Stay tuned!
    [COLOR=red]Gombur Gromberson 85 Guardian[/COLOR]
    [I][COLOR=mediumturquoise]Gombur trained the Chinchilla's who rode to war[/COLOR][/I]
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Shozbot Agromagnet Rank 9 Reaver[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Docargyle View Post
    Seriously, that's a tough one to fight, but please get well.

I will do my best, but to tell the truth I have felt really bad the past week. So, I feel like utter #### and then some. Doc, could you give us some edumications on the Tudors or Plantagenet's? I'm most fond of them you know or maybe William Wallace? Just to ease me in my sufferings you know....

KHAAN!!

Well,.back home from our Philly trip. Had a wonderful time all around. Gave our legs quite the workout and saw alot of the city. Not to mention Amish country and ye ol' Ren Faire.

Taking a short rest today then it's off again to upState NY to see some family, do some trick-or-treating, and take the Father-in-Law hiking some trails in the Catskill Mountain area before he flies back to China Sunday.

I think the highlight of Philly was meeting Betsy Ross in her upholstery shop. Wonderful lady she was,..stayed in character the entire time and told tales of treason and fabric and answered questions. They need more of that there,..hehe,.

I was also pleasantly surprised, and I realize I may be late to the party here,..but I never figured out that what they meant by Pennsylvania 'Dutch',..as in Netherlands,...they really meant "Deutsche" as in German. The Amish speak German. And I was thrilled to find some good German dishes there and in Philly I even found some good CurryWurst! nom nom

ok,..got some pics to go through for the family.

Have a safe Halloween everyone!

Cheers
    -Welby

actually,.I did see quite a few joggers wearing all grey sweats out there,..hrrmm,...

oh wow,..we are on page two!! Huzzah!
    Last edited by Beschutzer; Oct 30 2013 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulkfather View Post

Dwaaaggiiinnns!!! "They're so Fluffy!!!!"

And the Statler and Waldorf pumpkin is complete - I'll post a picture tomorrow. Ended up with both on one pumpkin - due to time and pumpkin constraints....

Quote Originally Posted by Verdic View Post
    Ye olde Coffee Holme. Really glad to see this thread still going. It's a staple for LoTRO and Landroval and has even been featured in articles and news outlets as a sign of a strong community for Turbine (Right alongside Weatherstock.) I think it's important to keep this tradition alive. I met my wife on Landroval shortly after launch, I owe this community so much. Keep on keeping on!
    That's the second marriage I know that came out of Landroval! Woohoo! Truly a very friendly community!
    /raise a toast to verdic and his bride!

Quote Originally Posted by oldbustedjorn View Post
    Aww I want to be a dragon too!!

Speaking of Halloween, I'm managing to go to a Halloween party this year dressed as a Mickey Mouse Wizard... This is what happens when your girlfriend lives 20 minutes from Disney World I can't complain about being a wizard, though, at least I won't be late...

Hope you all had a nice day
    I went as Mickey / Fantasia a few years ago. This year I'm a 1980s version of myself... wait until you see the mullet... it's truly awful...

Quote Originally Posted by Valadilene View Post
    Hi, guys. I'm gonna be kinda, sorta sporadic for awhile. I went to my ENT this a.m. and it seems I have caught the MRSA bug from the Robo-Hubs. Because I changed out all his IV's and stuff for him when he had it, he was generous enough to pass it on to me. But it seems I have it in my sinuses, which is very hard to get rid of. Nice, huh?

Everybody have a good one!
    That sounds miserable. I had to look up MRSA - bad bug! Feel better.

Afternoon Landrovalrim,

Val, tell Robo Hubby to stop giving you gifts that you don't want or need! Seriously, that's a tough one to fight, but please get well.

I hope everyone is well today. I had a good doctor's visit Monday (pending blood work results) but of course my Whacky Wal Mart insurance reared its ugly head, again. ***

Here is my contribution:

"To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"
    If those words sound familiar, they should be. They are from Melville's book, "Moby Dick" and were famously uttered by "Khan Noonan Singh" at the end of the Star Trek Movie "Wrath of Khan".

Have a good weekend folks. I am considering another in depth military history Edjumication for Spring. It wont be about Waterloo, but will be another topic that I find fascinating. Stay tuned!
    Doc - hope the wacky insurance comes through in the end. Not fun dealing with insurance, not fun. I love that quote!

Quote Originally Posted by Beschutzer View Post
    KHAAN!!

Well,.back home from our Philly trip. Had a wonderful time all around. Gave our legs quite the workout and saw alot of the city. Not to mention Amish country and ye ol' Ren Faire.
    I was also pleasantly surprised, and I realize I may be late to the party here,..but I never figured out that what they meant by Pennsylvania 'Dutch',..as in Netherlands,...they really meant "Deutsche" as in German. The Amish speak German. And I was thrilled to find some good German dishes there and in Philly I even found some good CurryWurst! nom nom
    Looking forward to meeting up with you and Del in about a week! We might try and visity Amish country too while we're there. Any tips on where to go?

So on a completely different note, we love the show "Castle" and although we're still a week or so behind on the PVR list, we just watched a hilarious one featuring a "delusional" or a"time traveling" Joshua Gomez (from Chuck) - it was great. Also featured Tuvok from Star Trek Voyager. I won't give out any spoilers, but it had me laughing and chuckling all the way through....

Good morning, Landrovalrim.

I just wanted to check in and have a cup of coffee in the overstuffed chair by the fire. I need a moment or three of respite from the real world.

It occurs to me that this is the way I feel about the coffee house, so I thought I would share.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7U3lo80YrQ

Hope everyone has a good Friday.

Dwaaaggiiinnns!!!

LOL. Ok, just checking in today. Still feel like utter #### and a big pile of it too. I have indulged in paranoia and bought hand sanitizer for all over the house so me and the Robo Hubs don't spend eternity passing this bug back and forth between us. Then I have the audacity to go research this online and yes, it's possible, however slight to spread this to our dogs......hmmm, can dogs be taught to use the hand sanitizer provided it's placed low enough for them to reach?

O.o

I am doing a major happydance this morning! My new smoothtop, double-oven electric range is scheduled to arrive today between noon and 2. I killed the old one last month while taking it apart to clean inside the digital display, but it was no great loss. I had a separate cooktop and wall oven, and the oven was a tiny apartment-sized thing I referred to as my "easy-bake oven". The new one will make my holidays much happier!

Owed and I have pre-ordered Helm's Deep, and have been re-acquainting ourselves with middle-earth. I am really excited!

Ok, I want my kitchen clean when the delivery guys arrive, and I have a sick kid to pamper. Time to get off the computer and get busy.

Hope Monday is kind to all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by GweannDarkslayer View Post

I am doing a major happydance this morning! My new smoothtop, double-oven electric range is scheduled to arrive today between noon and 2. I killed the old one last month while taking it apart to clean inside the digital display, but it was no great loss. I had a separate cooktop and wall oven, and the oven was a tiny apartment-sized thing I referred to as my "easy-bake oven". The new one will make my holidays much happier!

Owed and I have pre-ordered Helm's Deep, and have been re-acquainting ourselves with middle-earth. I am really excited!

Ok, I want my kitchen clean when the delivery guys arrive, and I have a sick kid to pamper. Time to get off the computer and get busy.

Hope Monday is kind to all of you!
    The absolute first thing to come out of that oven had better be chocolate chip cookies!

lol I think Grandma's pumpkin bread won the honor of being first, but I suspect the cookies will follow not long after. =D

Quote Originally Posted by GweannDarkslayer View Post
    lol I think Grandma's pumpkin bread won the honor of being first, but I suspect the cookies will follow not long after. =D
    Hmm. I would need to do a taste test to confirm, but I suspect given the time of year, that was a good choice too!

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar2007 View Post

Looking forward to meeting up with you and Del in about a week! We might try and visity Amish country too while we're there. Any tips on where to go?

Well,..it's an hour and half hour drive from Philly out to Lancaster area. I never made it into the Lancaster city proper, but most of the Amishy things to see are on the way. It will take a good chunk of the day trip out there and that's not even hitting up everything that I had on my list.

====
    76W from Philly
    look for 100 south to 113 south,..which will take you onto Rt 30. You could just get on 30 from Philly, but I used 76 to get out there quicker before dropping down to rt30.

Rt 30 will be the main road out there.

From rt30, you can reach the towns of Intercourse, bird-in-Hand. Some shops there and food. You'll catch the Amish along the road in carriages or kids on push bikes.

If you're feeling touristy, swing by the " on Amish Village" on Hartman Bridge Rd. Park there,..take a 20 dollar Van ride, where the guide takes you along the back roads and explains alot,..stopping at a shop and farm, you'll see Amish one room schools and prolly kids playing and farmers farming,..( about 90minutes).
    Across the way is a 'Kitchen' Diner run by an Amish family if you're hungry.

there is also a Train Museum in Strasburg further down.

After that, I shot up rt 222 All the way up to AdamsTown,..which has alot of antiques, but didn't really stay long. From there 76E is nearby and takes you all the way back to Philly.

here is my google map( if you have a google gmail account) ,..as you can see,..i had alot of sights out there but I didn't get to alot in a day.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...8.kU7EveN6kYA0

On the way back,..if you wanna shop,.... you'll pass the town, King of Prussia( awesome name,eh) a mere 10 miles from philly,...which apparently has a gigantic mall,..

Cheers!

_Welby
    Last edited by Beschutzer; Nov 04 2013 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beschutzer View Post
    Well,..it's an hour and half hour drive from Philly out to Lancaster area. I never made it into the Lancaster city proper, but most of the Amishy things to see are on the way. It will take a good chunk of the day trip out there and that's not even hitting up everything that I had on my list.

====
    76W from Philly
    look for 100 south to 113 south,..which will take you onto Rt 30. You could just get on 30 from Philly, but I used 76 to get out there quicker before dropping down to rt30.

Rt 30 will be the main road out there.

From rt30, you can reach the towns of Intercourse, bird-in-Hand. Some shops there and food. You'll catch the Amish along the road in carriages or kids on push bikes.

If you're feeling touristy, swing by the " on Amish Village" on Hartman Bridge Rd. Park there,..take a 20 dollar Van ride, where the guide takes you along the back roads and explains alot,..stopping at a shop and farm, you'll see Amish one room schools and prolly kids playing and farmers farming,..( about 90minutes).
    Across the way is a 'Kitchen' Diner run by an Amish family if you're hungry.

there is also a Train Museum in Strasburg further down.

After that, I shot up rt 222 All the way up to AdamsTown,..which has alot of antiques, but didn't really stay long. From there 76E is nearby and takes you all the way back to Philly.

here is my google map( if you have a google gmail account) ,..as you can see,..i had alot of sights out there but I didn't get to alot in a day.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...8.kU7EveN6kYA0

On the way back,..if you wanna shop,.... you'll pass the town, King of Prussia( awesome name,eh) a mere 10 miles from philly,...which apparently has a gigantic mall,..

Cheers!

_Welby
    Cool, I'll print this page out and take it along for the trip. Looking forward to seeing you and Del.

By the way, saw the most excellent feel-good story on the interwebz today.... the story of Keith Orr and his football teammates.

The Book of Thursby: The Lore and Legacy of the Sons of Numenor. http://tinyurl.com/pn7p3qb
    [COLOR=#ffd700][I][B]Founder, Leader - [/B][/I][/COLOR][B][U][URL="http://www.SonsOfNumenor.com/portal"]SonsOfNumenor.com[/URL][/U]
    [/B][CENTER][URL="http://www.sonsofnumenor.com/sol"][B][SIZE=3][U][COLOR=#ffd700]Symphony of Light VI: Sept 22, 2015: SonsOfNumenor.com/sol[/COLOR][/U][/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Comstrike View Post
    The Book of Thursby: The Lore and Legacy of the Sons of Numenor. http://tinyurl.com/pn7p3qb
    If you are looking for information on Philadelphia area, I can help you. I have lived here my entire life and one side of the family are/were Pennsylvania Dutch. Ironically, the term refers to the dialect of German that they spoke. My grandmother was the last person in our family who could speak it, but it was quite common before WW2. The descendants of the Pennsylvania Dutch areas were from southern Germany but I remember someone saying that the term "Dutch" actually was an English term describing people from main land Europe broadly and not the specific Dutch from the Netherlands or Deutsche from Germany.

As for your trip, it sounds like you did hit some great spots. Next time you come, take an extra couple of hours and visit the Gettysburg Battlefield. King of Prussia Mall is quite large, it is either the largest or second largest in the US. Ironically, it is actually 2 separate malls (Plaza and Court) sitting next to each other. In Philadelphia, go see the Constitution Center or the Franklin Institute. The Philadelphia Zoo is nice. Back to Lancaster or nearby, visit Hershey Pennsylvania and spend a night at the Hershey Hotel. Hershey smells so much like chocolate, you will swear you are smelling it in the very air you breath. Take some humor at the names of some of the small local towns, Intercourse, Blue Ball, Bareville, Mount Joy, you get the picture. The Pennsylvania Railroad Museum and Strasburg Railroad are nice for train lovers and you can visit some of the scenic runs of the railroads such as Horseshoe curve.

EDIT: BTW if you follow Beschutzer's directions, which are quite good, 76W becomes a toll road at King of Prussia/Valley Forge (Exit 326). As you proceed west on 76W for about 15 miles, you will get off at the Downingtown Interchange (Exit 312) and it will cost you about $2 or so in tolls. Take the left exit for Route 100 South towards Lionville/Downingtown.
    Last edited by Baym; Nov 06 2013 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baym View Post
    If you are looking for information on Philadelphia area, I can help you. I have lived here my entire life and one side of the family are/were Pennsylvania Dutch. Ironically, the term refers to the dialect of German that they spoke. My grandmother was the last person in our family who could speak it, but it was quite common before WW2. The descendants of the Pennsylvania Dutch areas were from southern Germany but I remember someone saying that the term "Dutch" actually was an English term describing people from main land Europe broadly and not the specific Dutch from the Netherlands or Deutsche from Germany.

As for your trip, it sounds like you did hit some great spots. Next time you come, take an extra couple of hours and visit the Gettysburg Battlefield. King of Prussia Mall is quite large, it is either the largest or second largest in the US. Ironically, it is actually 2 separate malls (Plaza and Court) sitting next to each other. In Philadelphia, go see the Constitution Center or the Franklin Institute. The Philadelphia Zoo is nice. Back to Lancaster or nearby, visit Hershey Pennsylvania and spend a night at the Hershey Hotel. Hershey smells so much like chocolate, you will swear you are smelling it in the very air you breath. Take some humor at the names of some of the small local towns, Intercourse, Blue Ball, Bareville, Mount Joy, you get the picture. The Pennsylvania Railroad Museum and Strasburg Railroad are nice for train lovers and you can visit some of the scenic runs of the railroads such as Horseshoe curve.

EDIT: BTW if you follow Beschutzer's directions, which are quite good, 76W becomes a toll road at King of Prussia/Valley Forge (Exit 326). As you proceed west on 76W for about 15 miles, you will get off at the Downingtown Interchange (Exit 312) and it will cost you about $2 or so in tolls. Take the left exit for Route 100 South towards Lionville/Downingtown.
    Well this all brings back memories. I grew up in that corner of Southeastern PA (with a brief stint in South Jersey, but I try to forget that). We used to loooove going to Blue Ball as kids for trips to the giant Shady Maple Smorgasboard. The KoP mall was my favorite place to hang out as a teenager. Valley Forge is also a very neat place to visit. Please eat a cheesesteak for me. I miss them so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrun_Alatariel View Post
    Well this all brings back memories. I grew up in that corner of Southeastern PA (with a brief stint in South Jersey, but I try to forget that). We used to loooove going to Blue Ball as kids for trips to the giant Shady Maple Smorgasboard. The KoP mall was my favorite place to hang out as a teenager. Valley Forge is also a very neat place to visit. Please eat a cheesesteak for me. I miss them so.
    OK now I know what I will have for lunch! Come on back and visit!

Afternoon folks,

Em!!!! I missed you. Having a chocolate cookie now.

Val, I am going to find a way to do an edjumication for you. The problem is this. The things I write about are subjects I have studied intensively. For example, I have over 30 books here that deal specifically with the battle of Waterloo. This is independent of my Napoleonic library. Same thing with Naval subjects. Therefore, I am able to recall the useless trivia that I have learned in my life and whip it into something that is somewhat understandable and present it to you folks.
    Sadly, the areas that you expressed interest in are two of the areas I know very little about. So I am reading as much primary source material as I can. There is no way I would just rewrite a wiki page and try to pass that off on you guys. So it will take a bit longer. Had you said "Doc, tell me about the evolution of the Battleship in late 19th and early 20th century and how it was a causative factor for the start of World War One," I could have replied within minutes! But your topics require more research. I have selected one, though. I am going to attempt to compare and contrast the historical version of the Battle of Stirling Bridge with how it was shown in the movie Braveheart, with some background on just who William Wallace was, and how he got himself and that ragtag collection of Scotsman to the point where they wiped one of the most disciplined, well equipped armies in Europe off the battlefield.

Anyway, take care folks. I am off to the moors. Shozbot should hit level ten tomorrow, or Saturday.
    [I][COLOR=mediumturquoise]Gombur trained the Chinchilla's who rode to war[/COLOR][/I]

Heh,..sorry,..but I couldn't get this image from my head after reading your post about you doing research and pouring through history books!

From the cover of 'Unearth Arcana" , and old D&D book.

==

Howdy folks,...reporting from a late night of work. I did manage to get away for a nice Luncheon with Slammy, who just arrive today with his daughter to New York. Nice peeps,...I gave them some ideas of what to do for the rest of the day,..I fear if they do that, they'll be sufficiently wiped by the end..and crash hard on the comfy hotel bed tonight

Hope to see the Friday night D&D group again.

Did ya'll ever end up making DDO characters? There is a newbie Cleric named Dwaric on thelanis

Hmm,..oh,..this weekend looks like we'll go visit a friend an hour north to go see the THOR film,..been getting good reviews.. It also will be in a brand spankin new Mall too.

During my break last week,..we stopped by my old Mall stomping grounds,..back when we had proper arcades , buzzing with activity and quarters lined up.

but nowadays,..it is a very sad sight to behold. There is nothing more pitiful than a dead mall. Filled with empty hollow echoes, closed Kay B Toy stores and vacant expressionless workers.
    there were quite a few 'security' guards around,..I wonder if some 'bad' element has driven folks away,...

hummm

ok,..back to work so I can get home.

cheers
    -Welby

Afternoon folks,

Em!!!! I missed you. Having a chocolate cookie now.

Val, I am going to find a way to do an edjumication for you. The problem is this. The things I write about are subjects I have studied intensively. For example, I have over 30 books here that deal specifically with the battle of Waterloo. This is independent of my Napoleonic library. Same thing with Naval subjects. Therefore, I am able to recall the useless trivia that I have learned in my life and whip it into something that is somewhat understandable and present it to you folks.
    Sadly, the areas that you expressed interest in are two of the areas I know very little about. So I am reading as much primary source material as I can. There is no way I would just rewrite a wiki page and try to pass that off on you guys. So it will take a bit longer. Had you said "Doc, tell me about the evolution of the Battleship in late 19th and early 20th century and how it was a causative factor for the start of World War One," I could have replied within minutes! But your topics require more research. I have selected one, though. I am going to attempt to compare and contrast the historical version of the Battle of Stirling Bridge with how it was shown in the movie Braveheart, with some background on just who William Wallace was, and how he got himself and that ragtag collection of Scotsman to the point where they wiped one of the most disciplined, well equipped armies in Europe off the battlefield.

Anyway, take care folks. I am off to the moors. Shozbot should hit level ten tomorrow, or Saturday.
    Thank you, Doc. You're so sweet. I shall wait because I know it will be a great edjumication. I think the folks that are fond of history have their favored areas and eras. When I worked for local government I had a coworker who was also fond of the Tudor era and William Wallace. We'd be out the back door in a flash discussing Henry VIII, his wives and then move on to the Scottish front.

But in the meantime you could tell me about the evolution of the Battleship in late 19th and early 20th century and how it was a causative factor for the start of World War One.

Quote Originally Posted by Valadilene View Post
    Thank you, Doc. You're so sweet. I shall wait because I know it will be a great edjumication. I think the folks that are fond of history have their favored areas and eras. When I worked for local government I had a coworker who was also fond of the Tudor era and William Wallace. We'd be out the back door in a flash discussing Henry VIII, his wives and then move on to the Scottish front.

But in the meantime you could tell me about the evolution of the Battleship in late 19th and early 20th century and how it was a causative factor for the start of World War One.

Lol, actually that is coming in the spring, to coincide with something. I am intentionally being cryptic because I don't want to give the actual subject away. It also will be a two day edjumication. I hope it will rise to the heights of the one I did on Marshal Ney, which I humbly consider my finest work to date.

Another chapter up.

The Book of Thursby: http://tinyurl.com/pn7p3qb
    [COLOR=#ffd700][I][B]Founder, Leader - [/B][/I][/COLOR][B][U][URL="http://www.SonsOfNumenor.com/portal"]SonsOfNumenor.com[/URL][/U]
    [/B][CENTER][URL="http://www.sonsofnumenor.com/sol"][B][SIZE=3][U][COLOR=#ffd700]Symphony of Light VI: Sept 22, 2015: SonsOfNumenor.com/sol[/COLOR][/U][/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast