We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

The Coffee House thread that never ends

Morning Landrovalrim,

I have done some thinking about the Coffee House closing. This is something that has been part of the Community since Beta. We are in no small way responsible for Coffee being in the game. Frpm Patience and the chinchilla's and Ferrets, thru the Brandywhino wars, to Dwarven Roleplay Hockey (tm), this Coffee House has provided a meeting space for a lot of great people. After all, what other Coffee House has a staff of Chinchilla's, a colostomy corner, a pillow corner, and a Dwarven Hockey Night in Canada Ice rink that Radagast conjurs up?
    I think the thing that clinched it was Gombur seeing Wilson in Bree the other day with a "will barista for food" sign.

Anyway, this is my attempt to resurrect the Coffee House. Just one thread. No need for anyone else to come in and worry about starting anything. Lets see what kind of response we get, or if we get any response at all. Its up to you, my friends, to post something. I just didn't think that I should decide to close it on my own. If you have something to say, come and say it, please. If not, well, it was a lot of fun while it lasted.

Regards,

Gombur/Mike
    Gombur Gromburson, Level 105 Guardian
    Kin Leader of Remnant
    Commander of the 92nd Dwarven Highlanders

Thanks, Doc... I feel partly responsible for the lack of posting. There was a time when I had an excuse (no access during the day), but that has been rectified. I used to post multiple times a day!

I definitely miss all of you and do think about you guys from time to time. I think it's also hurt that I have not played lotro in what is now probably over 6 months - I'm beginning to worry that I'll not play again, despite wanting to make it through to the end. It's just so hard to keep my characters up to date!

I hope you all are doing well
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000dc021/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Gloern[/COLOR][/B] -[COLOR="DarkOrchid"] L65 Guardian[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Tieranor[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Minstrel[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Swana[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L45 Hunter[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Thoern[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Champion[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Lenamyr[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L15 Captain[/COLOR]
    Anonymous is up for it though. Anonymous is legion. -PastorInsanity

*Sees coffee, then sees everyone looking at coffee.*

*hugs next closest person and takes a sip from the Cup of Everflowing Coffee*
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000286a1a/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Visit me at my blog, Games and Geekery: [url]http://www.gamesandgeekery.com[/url]

"Cup of Everflowing Coffee"... I like it!!

Ok, to do my part, I will provide one of my mundane life-of-a-wondermom posts. =D

We are in the last stages of preparation for another big Halloween extravaganza party, so things are slightly crazier than usual around here. Looks like word has gotten out among my daughters' friends that the party is pretty awesome. When inviting for a party, I have always invited a few extra people just in case some don't show up. Well, I have only gotten positive responses from parents, so we may wind up with 20 girls between the ages of 8 and 11. I may have gray streaks in my hair before this is over.

We are extra proud around here of daughter #3. She was one of 44 inductees into the new National Elementary Honor Society chapter for our school. She also received a commendation signed by the governor for achieving a perfect score on the math portion of the Oklahoma core curriculum test.

There is probably more I could share, but I need another cup of coffee, and I need to stop procrastinating on the to-do-list!

Happy Hump day!
    Gwea
    Never try to teach a troll to sing. It frustrates you and annoys the troll.
    "If worlds are to collide,..let us do so together!"--Welby

Yeah, Doc.....*an Elven female Guardian dances around the room with Doc!*

Well, sad news yesterday. One of our neighbors had lost his wife about six or seven months ago and since that time he hasn't been able to cope with life without her. Sunday he went out to his boat moored on the lake and used a pistol to commit suicide. He was only 70 years old and today we are going to his visitation. Such a sad thing.

Other than that we are well and still think of Sir Squeaky now in NJ at the Rescue Center. I have got to get some potted plants in before tonight as in SC we're suppose to dip down to 31 degrees.......and geez, wouldn't you know it, the AC/Heating guy hasn't come yet, so the only heat we'll have tonight is, thank goodness the fireplace. Extra dog blankets here!

And in remembrance of our friend, Cecil.

Last edited by Valadilene; Oct 23 2013 at 01:20 PM.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]On the naughty list since 1959.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Docargyle View Post
    Morning Landrovalrim,

After all, what other Coffee House has a staff of Chinchilla's, a colostomy corner, a pillow corner, and a Dwarven Hockey Night in Canada Ice rink that Radagast conjurs up?
    You forgot the eyedrops for the squirrels. :P

(shelf next to the window btw).

Now if there was only a way to have a permanent "freshly opened for the first time coffee can" scent. /sighs.

==Nec Hostium Timete, Nec Amicum Recusate==
    alts: Aymie, Wrd 61 | Willie, Hnt 28 | Io, Grd 55 | Leyta, Lm 44 | Sharise, Brg 38

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Cool

I've only lurked the occasional Coffee House thread, and piped up only once or twice... but now must pipe up for fear of losin a GOOD thing.
    Never Give Up! Although, I'm sure that doesn't mean much from me... (I've lost a lot of incentive to log into the forums much anymore, it will just log me out again. I log in only to post, or sign up for lottery, and neither has been happening much of lately. (I keep missing the HD lottos it seems.)
    Anywho, coming across the cleverly titled Landroval Coffee threads has always been a delight for me. (I'll admit I may not always stop to read them, but the titles were always a bright spot, in a line of random new post titles.)

Keep up the good bartending, even if you only started one, once a week, once a month. Just knowin' that dose of coffee's out there... You know how coffee can be... *twitch*... right?
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

Doc:

I know we fought this for a long time, i.e., going away from a daily coffee thread, then we finally slipped to the weekly coffee thread, and even then it was tough to get many folks posting. So I think this is the right step next. A coffeehouse thread that never ends.

We will still have room in here for all of the regular chinchilla staff, and events (including Dwarven Hockey RP!) - but now we can relax about starting new threads and just post to this one as needed.

So, I was going to give an update on the 30 Days of Mrs. Slammy! Today is Day 30, the idea was that for 30 days, beginning on her birthday, we would do something special to celebrate or as a treat. A lot of the things were very simple and inexpensive (or free). Some were more elaborate. Some were the kids ideas. So today we will wind up the 30 days. You know, this was partly for me too, to help me to not take my wonderful wife and family for granted. So it's been fun. Here are the 30 days:

Day 1 - flowers and dinner at a nice restaurant.
    Day 2 - earrings.
    Day 3 - a bag of cinnamon hearts (her favorite).
    Day 4 - nail polish and a pedicure by the girls.
    Day 5 - homemade cheesecake.
    Day 6 - Watched Dead Poet's Society (and were going to make popcorn but ended up eating leftover cheesecake instead!)
    Day 7 - A mall date - sampled teas at David's teas.
    Day 8 - a lantern plant.
    Day 9 - Purdy's peanut butter/chocolate bars.
    Day 10 - a poem. (yes it was a love poem and very schmucky...)
    Day 11 - a bottle of wine (rose)
    Day 12 - me and the kids made dinner - veal picatta, red cabbage, homemade gnocchi, and pear/ginger crisp for dessert.
    Day 13 - homemade pumpkin pie ice cream.
    Day 14 - a box of tictacs!
    Day 15 - a Michael Buble! (well a CD of his anyway).
    Day 16 - Today's Parent magazine.
    Day 17 - a book by John Grisham
    Day 18 - a single red rose.
    Day 19 - a new watch.
    Day 20 - a library book - one that she had started reading several months ago but never finished.
    Day 21 - "Fly over Canada" - a movie experience similar to Soaring over California - but with amazing Canadian footage. And a latte.
    Day 22 - a gift certificate for a fondue night out for four.
    Day 23 - a box of Candy Corn. Then we found out she really doesn't like candy corn, so we replaced it with a bag of black licorice.
    Day 24 - A theatre pack - including tickets to Mary Poppins, Driving Miss Daisy, and a Brimful of Asha.
    Day 25 - blizzards from Dairy Queen
    Day 26 - The movie Yentl (her favorite that we watched back when we were dating).
    Day 27 - a new waffle maker - and hawaiian waffles - (macadamian nuts, coconut syrup, coconut/pineapple, and white chocolate)...
    Day 28 - a picture frame with a picture of each of the Slamkids.
    Day 29 - homemade ornament - with a thumbprint of each of us, baked in. (It was a good thought, but it actually didn't work out very well).
    Day 30 - letters from each of us.

And that, my friends, is 30 days of Mrs. Slammy!
    [I][COLOR=#40e0d0]Slamfist of Landroval and Silverlode - Slamwise - Slamburger - Slamrat - and Joe[/COLOR][/I]
    [COLOR=#ffff00]< [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=351547"]a Hobbit's Tale[/URL]> < [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?313127"]Behold the Chinchillas![/URL] > [/COLOR]

I multi-quoted so you know I'm serious.

Quote Originally Posted by GweannDarkslayer View Post
    We are extra proud around here of daughter #3. She was one of 44 inductees into the new National Elementary Honor Society chapter for our school. She also received a commendation signed by the governor for achieving a perfect score on the math portion of the Oklahoma core curriculum test.
    Well done and congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Valadilene View Post
    Yeah, DocWell, sad news yesterday. One of our neighbors had lost his wife about six or seven months ago and since that time he hasn't been able to cope with life without her. Sunday he went out to his boat moored on the lake and used a pistol to commit suicide. He was only 70 years old and today we are going to his visitation. Such a sad thing.
    So sorry to hear this I can't imagine what it must have been like for him and his loss.

I'm quite happy about the larger percentage of this week being behind us, but for no particular reason. Except maybe that Saturday is not booked in any way and I'm hoping to keep it that way. What should I do? Yes, the house could use some cleaning, but games and fun and outside-stuff. And sleep... don't forget sleep.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000dc021/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Gloern[/COLOR][/B] -[COLOR="DarkOrchid"] L65 Guardian[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Tieranor[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Minstrel[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Swana[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L45 Hunter[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Thoern[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Champion[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Lenamyr[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L15 Captain[/COLOR]
    Anonymous is up for it though. Anonymous is legion. -PastorInsanity

Quote Originally Posted by oldbustedjorn View Post
    I'm quite happy about the larger percentage of this week being behind us, but for no particular reason. Except maybe that Saturday is not booked in any way and I'm hoping to keep it that way. What should I do? Yes, the house could use some cleaning, but games and fun and outside-stuff. And sleep... don't forget sleep.
    As my 19-year-old daughter is sooo fond of reminding me, sleep is highly overrated!

I have coffee. Thursday now has my permission to begin.

Today is crunch time for the Halloween party preparations. The last minute cleaning, shopping and decorating should keep me hopping most of the day. The final menu has been approved by the small people, and we will be having mummy dogs, eyeball (meatball) sandwiches, and deviled zombie eyeballs (deviled eggs) For dessert, there will be dirt pudding with jello worms.

Hungry yet? =D

Time for me to start making breakfast and lunches for the tribe. Y'all have a great day!
    Never try to teach a troll to sing. It frustrates you and annoys the troll.
    "If worlds are to collide,..let us do so together!"--Welby