We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

That old Coffee House (RP)

Ilisdor walks up to an old building that used to glow through the windows in the rain and snow with a warmth of friendship, beverages, and a warm fire. He swallows a lump in his throat and pushes aside the memories which have slipped into the realm of nostalgia. The front door is boarded up, but an old axe is easy match for the boards. The lock on the other hand… well, it needed a new lock anyway. As the door creaked open, the sunlight shown throw the dust particles suspended in the air. It smelled of mold and rotten coffee grounds. The few spiders found inside were quickly dispatched of with Ilisdor’s trusty sword. Why was he doing this? He asked himself. Maybe the thought that no matter how far friends wander, there should always be a place to return to, no matter where life takes an adventurer. So he would sweep up the place, start a roaring fire, and put on water for coffee and tea. One day he’d get the tables and chairs repaired (or replaced for most of them). He’d get the bar top resurface and paint and… well, that would all depend on who might darken the doors once again. But what the Coffee House had stood for, companionship, would remain. The invitation to old friends and warriors who had felled evil together and stood in the darkness where no other light could be found ran through the four corners of Landroval. But also, the invitation afresh for new adventures to come and sit and rest from their weary endeavors. Ilisdor did not know where this would take him, but it’s not like anyone else was using the Coffee House, so he had to try.

Come in, adventurer! Tell me a little about yourself. Feel free to RP an entrance or not. If you’re a returning friend, tell me how you started at the Coffee House and any memory you have of me specifically.
    Ilisdor - Button-pusher, Adult, Cookie-Nommer, Grounded, Botherer of Delaney
    Saphirien - Hunter, Westfold Jeweler, Master of the Guild (65) Artwulf - Captain, Up and coming Woodworker (42)
    Lawrandir - Rune Keeper, Lazy Scholar (75) Rosegold II - Minstrel (16, RP)

This quote has been removed because I am no longer a fan of the person I was quoting. Thank you. -ShadowTH Management

Gilbryt noticed the abandoned building was "unlocked" with smoke rising from the chimney. He cautiously approaches, investigating who might be there. Upon peering in and noticing it is neither brigands nor goblin calls out, "Hail friend and well met."

====

I am glad to see you starting the thread. Years ago I played mostly on on Vilya but had a character on Landroval for awhile where I first saw the coffee house and thought it was great though never was able to get to know anyone then. I have now moved my main characters to Landroval where I am active in some RP. My main characters are Gilbryt (a man LM with an interesting history) and Gilpenthir (an elf hunter). If you see me, feel free to say hi. I'm always up for random RP. I was a little saddened to see the demise of the coffee house so I am hoping it might take off again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcor View Post
    Gilbryt noticed the abandoned building was "unlocked" with smoke rising from the chimney. He cautiously approaches, investigating who might be there. Upon peering in and noticing it is neither brigands nor goblin calls out, "Hail friend and well met."

====

I am glad to see you starting the thread. Years ago I played mostly on on Vilya but had a character on Landroval for awhile where I first saw the coffee house and thought it was great though never was able to get to know anyone then. I have now moved my main characters to Landroval where I am active in some RP. My main characters are Gilbryt (a man LM with an interesting history) and Gilpenthir (an elf hunter). If you see me, feel free to say hi. I'm always up for random RP. I was a little saddened to see the demise of the coffee house so I am hoping it might take off again.
    And well met, to you traveller. Grab coffee or tea. Unfortunately we don't have any baked goods yet, but as we get more people to come in, hopefully we can get some volunteers. So pull up a chair (no, not that one. I wouldn't trust it anyway) and tell me this "interesting history".
    Saphirien - Hunter, Westfold Jeweler, Master of the Guild (65) Artwulf - Captain, Up and coming Woodworker (42)

This quote has been removed because I am no longer a fan of the person I was quoting. Thank you. -ShadowTH Management

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTH View Post
    And well met, to you traveller. Grab coffee or tea. Unfortunately we don't have any baked goods yet, but as we get more people to come in, hopefully we can get some volunteers. So pull up a chair (no, not that one. I wouldn't trust it anyway) and tell me this "interesting history".
    Gilbryt enters, grabs a drink and sits down on a sturdy looking chair. Although clearly a man, the most striking thing about his appearance is that his clothing is all clearly of fine elven make, yet for some inexplicable reason, it suits him. He settles himself and begins, "I am Gilbryt and I, more or less, come from Dale. I say more or less because, my family is from there but I was born and lived among the elves of Northern Mirkwood until my teen years. You may be wondering how such a thing could come to pass. My parents were traveling near the border of the forest when their party was attacked by goblins. The goblins slew all except my mother before the pursuing party of elves overtook them and destroyed them. The elves took pity on my mother (pregnant with me) and returned to King Thranduil's halls with her. That is how I came to be born there. We did not have an opportunity to leave until my teens, although I did not wish to." He ends his story there and sips his drink, but there is clearly more to tell.

Hi Ilisdor! It's Gilrith! I have been on my lore-master mostly here lately. I see you online, most of the time just as you go offline... I'll try to pay more attention and say hi! Glad to hear from you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Alcor View Post
    Gilbryt enters, grabs a drink and sits down on a sturdy looking chair. Although clearly a man, the most striking thing about his appearance is that his clothing is all clearly of fine elven make, yet for some inexplicable reason, it suits him. He settles himself and begins, "I am Gilbryt and I, more or less, come from Dale. I say more or less because, my family is from there but I was born and lived among the elves of Northern Mirkwood until my teen years. You may be wondering how such a thing could come to pass. My parents were traveling near the border of the forest when their party was attacked by goblins. The goblins slew all except my mother before the pursuing party of elves overtook them and destroyed them. The elves took pity on my mother (pregnant with me) and returned to King Thranduil's halls with her. That is how I came to be born there. We did not have an opportunity to leave until my teens, although I did not wish to." He ends his story there and sips his drink, but there is clearly more to tell.
    Very interesting. Definitely interested in hearing more!

Quote Originally Posted by andreablood1978 View Post
    Hi Ilisdor! It's Gilrith! I have been on my lore-master mostly here lately. I see you online, most of the time just as you go offline... I'll try to pay more attention and say hi! Glad to hear from you again!
    Aw man! Are we still friends on facebook? I rarely get on there except to chat with people. Definitely look me up though. I've been online again. I made it to 105. now trying to get from 4,500 might to something a lot closer to 10k, but i'm still just in Minas Tirith (which is amazing, btw) so i have a long way to go. Might not make it before i go back to school in the fall.

------

Sorry I didn't post a new Coffee House today. I'm out of town for the weekend and got busy. Monday should result in a new one, but I'll be checking this one through the weekend for whoever wants to stop in. Both of you (and anyone else) should stop in Monday to say hello. Tea is better with friends!