We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PvP action - Snowbourn

Hey all,

I am looking to transfer off of my current server as the PvMP has been absolutely dead of late. I heard Snowbourn had decent all-hours action, is that true? Just curious overall how it is here and if you'd recommend a transfer to Snowbourn or not.

Thanks much.

Heya.

As a fairly new transfer myself (1'5-2months now) i have not regretted transfering.
    In the morning/early daytime theres people roaming here and there, sometimes even some groups.
    And in the evenings theres usually raids running about.
    Also spars are usually quite active.
    So for a person who likes all kind of action, its been fun.

Very busy pvp server, for a players whos has been here from the start its busy.

Early morning fights can be very fun, more so at the weekend, and the GTA action can be very fun if thats what you like.

However most evening and weekday afternoons, lets not kid ourselves, its a zerg fest, massive lag and freep zergs mainly. The usualy kind of action before expansions i guess. The challenge on this server is finding a decent fight, before you get roflstomped.

If you like zerging, Snowbourn is the place for you. If you like sitting at GTA and sparring easy opponents, Snowbourn is the place for you

Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    In the morning/early daytime theres people roaming here and there, sometimes even some groups.
    They'll stop doing that when they come across a War-leader + Reaver, though.

Quote Originally Posted by reincarnate View Post
    Hey all,

I am looking to transfer off of my current server as the PvMP has been absolutely dead of late. I heard Snowbourn had decent all-hours action, is that true? Just curious overall how it is here and if you'd recommend a transfer to Snowbourn or not.

Thanks much.
    As far as I know you still can't transfer from a US server to the old EU servers.

Quote Originally Posted by MessyR View Post
    However most evening and weekday afternoons, lets not kid ourselves, its a zerg fest, massive lag and.
    Absolutely no question

freep zergs mainly.
    Really?, without trying to flame this is a one sided view and slightly at varience to reality. With the FREEP superiority at even numbers (not surprising just before update) it tends to be significantly more CREEPs than FREEPs during the busy hours with better action between 5PM - 7PM and after 10.30 PM (GMT) for the majority who want to Raid vs Raid. The Freep ON buff has become almost as common as the crit buff. (Yay for 20% and potentially a one sided FREEP view but....). While originally this may have been attributed to clubbing Freaver trains now it is down to sheer numbers and if you can avoid the lag then the action is good. Aside from the endless stream of tears filling the forums, Snowy is a decent place to be if you like any sort of action and are prepared to tolerate the other styles.
    Last edited by FingersUK; Oct 22 2013 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    They'll stop doing that when they come across a War-leader + Reaver, though.

Not sure how to take this one, but if you refer to me and Heph, yes we do and have duo'd alot.

And come across a respectable opponent, we pass him or try to get a 1v1.

Hey all,

Thanks much.
    Beside the fact that you still can't transfer from NA servers to EU servers and vice versa, Snowbourn is dead* in the morning, the afternoon action is ''soloing'' at the ''sparring'' area (GoodTA) and evening early night is about Raid and lag.

Quote Originally Posted by FingersUK View Post
    The Freep ON buff has become almost as common as the crit buff. (Yay for 20% and potentially a one sided FREEP view but....). While originally this may have been attributed to clubbing Freaver trains now it is down to sheer numbers
    Some of your kin members and/or raid members have and are still contributing to it. Freaver is has been, warg is the trend.
    Keep being tolerant please.
    Last edited by GrandCru; Oct 22 2013 at 06:37 AM. Reason: *e.g. 11:30 CET : 9 freeps at GTA (including 3 FCers), 2 of which sparring each other, 0 creep.
    InsertPhotobucketLinkHere
    Coming Soon

Wine Wine Wine. Dry Dry Dry. What will it be today ?...
    Beer!

~Me

Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.

~John J. Rambo

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCru View Post
    Some of your kin members and/or raid members have and are still contributing to it. Freaver is has been, warg is the trend.
    Keep being tolerant please.
    As far as I am aware none of members of the kin I am in have clubbed, quite the opposite. If you feel you have evidence contact me in game please. In the raids for which I am leader or with raid asisst there are no (as far as I know and is proven) clubbers or I will and have left it.
    As far as I am concerned my tolerance for other play styles stops at clubbing.

Simples?

Absolutely no question

Really?, without trying to flame this is a one sided view and slightly at varience to reality. With the FREEP superiority at even numbers (not surprising just before update) it tends to be significantly more CREEPs than FREEPs during the busy hours with better action between 5PM - 7PM and after 10.30 PM (GMT) for the majority who want to Raid vs Raid. The Freep ON buff has become almost as common as the crit buff. (Yay for 20% and potentially a one sided FREEP view but....). While originally this may have been attributed to clubbing Freaver trains now it is down to sheer numbers and if you can avoid the lag then the action is good. Aside from the endless stream of tears filling the forums, Snowy is a decent place to be if you like any sort of action and are prepared to tolerate the other styles.
    I dont play freep so i have no idea, although my WL gets roflstomped alot by bigger groups, i have only ever met 3 maybe 4 soloers. PvP sucks on snowy, raids ruin it every night.

My opinion of course.

I dont play freep so i have no idea, although my WL gets roflstomped alot by bigger groups, i have only ever met 3 maybe 4 soloers. PvP sucks on snowy, raids ruin it every night.

My opinion of course.
    True facts and i wish to add that also in the rare afternoon i play zerg raid are always up on 1 of the sides unless all are at gta

Former Gladden-player here. Check you PM for contact details and I can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    Not sure how to take this one, but if you refer to me and Heph, yes we do and have duo'd alot.

And come across a respectable opponent, we pass him or try to get a 1v1.
    Well simply like this: it's no fun coming across a spam-healing WL that suddenly gets backed up by a Reaver.

Absolutely no question
    and are prepared to tolerate the other styles.
    Wait Phin, since when... Seriously, there is absolutely no respect for "other styles" but raiding, because when you solo and keep it fair outside of GTA (or run with a hunter or warg), creeps and freeps still treat you like a raid. Call out, map in, fraid flanks on small creep groups (this is so sad)... Maybe I should post the amount of deaths I have on my little snowy creep and freeps... I think people will be shocked. I have and still play on other servers once in a while, and the difference is huge.

For anyone who wants to transfer to Snowbourn, I hope you like to run in a big blob of roflstomp 24/7. And if you don't, I hope you don't mind being overrun by it over and over.

Well simply like this: it's no fun coming across a spam-healing WL that suddenly gets backed up by a Reaver.
    Ouch

At least the have to balls to duo, cant say many other do that these days. Just out of curiosity what are WLs meant to do?

Ouch

At least the have to balls to duo, cant say many other do that these days. Just out of curiosity what are WLs meant to do?
    Dps, and I'm not kidding

Ouch

Don't make me bring back "the" duo of Lobanthir!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobla View Post
    Don't make me bring back "the" duo of Lobanthir!
    I think Leg is too stubborn to come back, he hasn't really (unlike most of us) had a period where he quit.

He simply nolifed for some years, then he quit
    Last edited by Tolgaring; Oct 22 2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Of course I don't know exactly what he's done over the past years.. don't blame me for not knowing

Hey all,

Thanks much.
    Transfer possible or not here are some details about Snowbourn aka Snowlag,

It's a constant zerg festival in a empty map with just raids in it as soon the numbers pickup regardless the time or day. It means they either facetrample you in numbers or flee and hug all the time when they have the slightest idea you might actually got a nihil chance of killing them.( few creeps solo and less than a handfull freeps )
    Neither has one side the dignity to leave players aside (way below equal size in numbers or strenght) that search different kind of action. This means a raid should be able to have the currency not to KoS every god damn thing they track/encounter , especially not over and over again same targets.
    The server is infested with a ridiculous amount of carebears and sad pandas. Freeps are on this server extremely pve focused in a pvp world ( apparantly there isn't enough pve as one might think, you actually want to pvp and not pve in a pvp map) , especially when it comes to outposts. It works like catnip on cats.
    Spars.. yea GTA is the location here , but forget about it - people here forgot how to spar. As it was intended just to hone your skills , practise your rotations , movement etc so many burn cd's or just spam heal to win. Keep in mind its purpose was to find your limits and push it as far you could get it. Learning the ropes trough errors and failures to maximize your skills/potential of your class.
    The server itself is almost called Snowlag (L.A.G.) not only because of the insane lag that persists most of the time but aswell what it stands for "Limited Action Guaranteed". The action is poor , the quality of the action is poor not the activity itself.
    Now the mentallity of some players. If you decide to start a new toon on this server , make sure you have a creep and a PvMP worthy freep. This allows you to participate with the modern players so you can side flip all the time to the winning side. Because on Snowlag , people prefer to zerg and not to be zerged.
    Did i mention this server is full...? and no offence but transfers that came , i have in general not a good word about them (doesn't mean all of them but most yes).
    One more thing and not the least to mention it , some people you just have to ignore and scrap there comments. No names are needed to be named but for example : There are players that play only the side when it's somewhat OP , we all know with this current imbalance creeps are in the disadvange and therefor you won't see certain creeps you saw before RoR came out, but you do see them nuking your #### to pieces on there freep. This server has to many of them, not just side rollers for OPness but aswell class rerollers for less challenge equals hack and slash playstyle with fingers in your nostrils.
    Most players on this server forget to have fun and quality playtime....,
    My personal advice is: search for a other server with a full map of roamers , better spars and QoQ fights. (Quality over Quantity)

P.S. It's a poor habit from freeps to usually afk in gta (sparzone) or cuddle GV and sprint out for a single creep when they got no one willing to lead there zerg raid.

Kind regards,

I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star.
    Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that - Mozkop!"
    Then - whoosh, I'm gone... and they'll never get enough of it over and over again...
    And they won't be able to forget me - ever.

Quote Originally Posted by sheese View Post

It's a constant zerg festival in a empty map with just raids in it as soon the numbers pickup regardless the time or day. It means they either facetrample you in numbers or flee and hug all the time when they have the slightest idea you might actually got a nihil chance of killing them.( few creeps solo and less than a handfull freeps )
    Neither has one side the dignity to leave players aside (way below equal size in numbers or strenght) that search different kind of action. This means a raid should be able to have the currency not to KoS every god damn thing they track/encounter , especially not over and over again same targets.
    The server is infested with a ridiculous amount of carebears and sad pandas. Freeps are on this server extremely pve focused in a pvp world ( apparantly there isn't enough pve as one might think, you actually want to pvp and not pve in a pvp map) , especially when it comes to outposts. It works like catnip on cats.
    Spars.. yea GTA is the location here , but forget about it - people here forgot how to spar. As it was intended just to hone your skills , practise your rotations , movement etc so many burn cd's or just spam heal to win. Keep in mind its purpose was to find your limits and push it as far you could get it. Learning the ropes trough errors and failures to maximize your skills/potential of your class.
    The server itself is almost called Snowlag (L.A.G.) not only because of the insane lag that persists most of the time but aswell what it stands for "Limited Action Guaranteed". The action is poor , the quality of the action is poor not the activity itself.
    Now the mentallity of some players. If you decide to start a new toon on this server , make sure you have a creep and a PvMP worthy freep. This allows you to participate with the modern players so you can side flip all the time to the winning side. Because on Snowlag , people prefer to zerg and not to be zerged.
    Did i mention this server is full...? and no offence but transfers that came , i have in general not a good word about them (doesn't mean all of them but most yes).
    One more thing and not the least to mention it , some people you just have to ignore and scrap there comments. No names are needed to be named but for example : There are players that play only the side when it's somewhat OP , we all know with this current imbalance creeps are in the disadvange and therefor you won't see certain creeps you saw before RoR came out, but you do see them nuking your #### to pieces on there freep. This server has to many of them, not just side rollers for OPness but aswell class rerollers for less challenge equals hack and slash playstyle with fingers in your nostrils.
    There is no possible way anyone could've described Snowbourn better. To my great grief.

My personal advice is: search for a other server with a full map of roamers , better spars and QoQ fights. (Quality over Quantity)
    And bear in mind to call me when you've found one.

Been here something like month now with my RK. So far the action imo have been good. Been roaming around solo and duo mostly and have nothing to complain. At least here are a lot of creeps and freeps online most of the time.

I have to say, today's action was great, thanks creeps for all the fun. If it were only every day like this...

I have to say, today's action was great, thanks creeps for all the fun. If it were only every day like this...
    Be a bit specific with your Today, 8pm uk time the creeps are stuck in grams while 2 freep raids(?) camp grams, excellent evening it seems.

Be a bit specific with your Today, 8pm uk time the creeps are stuck in grams while 2 freep raids(?) camp grams, excellent evening it seems.
    2-5pm GMT ^^

Quote Originally Posted by sheese View Post

P.S. It's a poor habit from freeps to usually afk in gta (sparzone) or cuddle GV and sprint out for a single creep when they got no one willing to lead there zerg raid.

Kind regards,

I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star.
    Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that - Mozkop!"
    Then - whoosh, I'm gone... and they'll never get enough of it over and over again...
    And they won't be able to forget me - ever.
    QFT...

This server really went to hell when the laurelin pandas came over and made raids whenever they were on, even if there only were 2 creeps in the moors. Not to mention that they still tries to tell people that Tren and Blutrache ranked legit lawl.

On creep side we have the followers of Dobi doing the exact same thing. Raiding up whether its needed or not. R14 WL who can't heal nor remember to turn on stances... It's embarrassing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast