We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LOTR Free to play?

Hi i was wondering is it free to play nd lvl ?

Absolutely.

If you want to play completely free, you will have to invest time and effort to grind out Turbine Points to purchase additional content, etc. Playing free will impose a few restrictions, but one exception they can all be lifted using TP. There are certainly people who have played all the way up to the level cap without spending a single penny

(The one exception is the ability to enter the PvP area with your main characters. You CAN enter and play monster characters as F2P.)
    TANSTAAFL

It is free to play but you will need to invest time to acquire some Turbine Points. You will need to buy either expansion packs or quest zones (You can use real money, Turbine Points - store money or use real life money to buy Turbine points) . You can however do the Epic book quests until volume 3 book 11. That is when Helms Deep starts and unless you buy that expansion you can't do the epic book (3.11) or any landscape quests. Also you can not get the complete class points without HD. Now it is very possible to level up to cap without getting any xpacts or Quest zones but that would be tedious at best.

I know some people have done this but the one I know started f2p after mines of moria.

Enjoy
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyx View Post
    You can however do the Epic book quests until volume 3 book 11. That is when Helms Deep starts and unless you buy that expansion you can't do the epic book (3.11) or any landscape quests.
    Enjoy
    Just to note,.. the Helm's Deep part is extremely far from where you are when you start. The old world is Huge and abundant,..you will get an awful lot of adventuring done there before you even have to worry about Helm's Deep. It will be awhile, especially if going totally 'free',..before you'd even worry about it,..and by then,..you'll either love and continue,..or not.

If you are a RP'er , even better for you. As most of the player RP stuff happens in the old world. You can attend as you please.

Come on in!
    [color=orange][size=3][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/Tabloid42]"Welby's Machinima and Vids Channel"[/url][/size][/color]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/welbyflickr/sets/]Welby's Cosplay & Con pics[/url]

Ok you lvl to 30 for free or do you get points from killing Orcs an trolls? why can't it just be free cus last time i played this and i coulden't leave revendale

Quote Originally Posted by Muhar View Post
    Ok you lvl to 30 for free or do you get points from killing Orcs an trolls? why can't it just be free cus last time i played this and i coulden't leave revendale
    You level to 30 for free, if you decide you like the game, you spend money to buy points or turn into VIP. You get points from doing deeds. The reason why it can't be free then because the developers need money to raise families as well, and technically it is free if you don't consider time money. You couldn't leave Rivendell then how did you get into it?
    Riddermark Freeps and Creeps: Morgunith, LM/Hadellost, Burglar/Nukzat, Reaver Rank 6
    Meneldor Freeps and Creeps: Cambanod, Cpt

Picked Elf.. anyway for lvl 30 you get Cool looking armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Yignificent_Nimogist View Post
    You couldn't leave Rivendell then how did you get into it?
    Gandalf.

Once you can enter his room in the Prancing Pony, he offers The Road to the Lonely Mountain, formerly The Road to Erebor, that begins the story behind the Erebor instances. The quest is listed at lvl 1 and is offered to the F2P, so I'm not at all shocked at how many newbies take the quest without reading the quest text, since it specifically tells them that accepting it will port them to Rivendell. Also, newbies won't be aware that they have their Milestone skill to port them back to wherever they're bound at.

OT: The game IS free-to-play.
    • You do not have to pay to download the game.
    • You do not have pay to register an account.
    • You do not have to pay to log on and play.

While the "free" content (Ered Luin, Shire, Breeland, Lone Lands) ends at around lvl 30 (the Agarwen instances are lvl 32), you can earn Turbine Points by completing deeds so you do not have to pay for additional content. Sure, you can always skip the effort of the grind by going VIP or directly buying Points, but nothing is forcing you to do so. In fact, the only thing that *requires* a payment is access Player vs. Monster Player (PvMP).

Besides, you do not have to get any additional content. Just because you don't have access to the quests of an area, doesn't preclude you from entering it, gaining exp from killing mobs, handing in tasks or completing the Epic Quest line (at least up to Hem's Dee expansion). Also, there are 11 free skirmishes to level in (2 initially, 3 unlocked in the Moria Epic, 5 in the Mirkwood Epic and 1 in the Vol 3 Epic) and the scaling Great Barrow instances.

Now, I dare you to find another MMO with a "F2P" model that offers half of what LotRO's model does.

Quote Originally Posted by Muhar View Post
    Picked Elf.. anyway for lvl 30 you get Cool looking armor?
    For level 30, you don't get cool looking armor, that's only in the high levels, but you do have the option to purchase cosmetics from the Store, Lalia's Market and cosmetic vendors in the three starter areas.
    Riddermark Freeps and Creeps: Morgunith, LM/Hadellost, Burglar/Nukzat, Reaver Rank 6
    Meneldor Freeps and Creeps: Cambanod, Cpt

Playing Lotro can be done without spending any real money

Lots of people have explained the basics on how, here in the post

What I have not seen is the info

As a F2P Player
    you start off with 2 characters spaces PER SERVER

There are 29 Servers, that equates to 58 character slots
    To Farm your TP as you wish

If you just do Bree, Ered Luin and Shire Deeds, that will get you around 300 - 350TP FROM ONE CHARACTER

So, in theory and if you have the patience, you can earn at least 17,400 TP just by running the starter area Deeds
    That is enough to purchase ALL the Expansions currently available

Not forgetting you can delete your character and restart him as many times as you want

Most F2P Players will pick one main character they intend to level and play for the duration.
    The rest of their character slots are used farm TP -- (create - farm tp - delete -- rinse and repeat)
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5