We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Dont have a subscription?

I used to be a player a LOTRO a long time ago, and just heard that it has gone F2P.

Great, so I thought I would login and download the client etc again, that went well, I even remembered my username and password after a few goes.

This went well till I just tried the client with this account and I get a NO SUBSCRIPTION error.

So I logged into this account web account, and under subscriptions there is nothing, and I dont see a way to add a subscription to it.

Can you kick a new sub into it? Or something please.

Thanks,

Out2lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Out2lunch View Post
    I used to be a player a LOTRO a long time ago, and just heard that it has gone F2P.

Great, so I thought I would login and download the client etc again, that went well, I even remembered my username and password after a few goes.

This went well till I just tried the client with this account and I get a NO SUBSCRIPTION error.

So I logged into this account web account, and under subscriptions there is nothing, and I dont see a way to add a subscription to it.

Can you kick a new sub into it? Or something please.

Thanks,

Out2lunch
    Did you play with Codemasters, way back? 2011 they let go of the franchise and all servers got bumped to Turbine.

The Migration as it's called, was at some point late 2011 and revival of those accounts had a few months to happen. It appears there's a general European law about privacy that prevents stuff like user info and credit card details being saved for a long period of time. All the accounts that were not properly migrated in that timeframe (was it 5 months?) were deleted (at least the accs themselves, unsure about character names etc).

If you had a sub at some point before free-to-play 2010, you miss some nice perks by making a new account - I'd call support in a ticket or phonecall and get it fixed.

Subscription, otherwise, is simply something you add via the web store and you should be able to access that in the links above: store / become a VIP - https://www.lotro.com/en/game/vip
    You can also remain in Premium and retain a lot of the perks you had as a VIP, if your old VIP account can be played. Most likely you'd have to add some quest content and so on but could be a better option to get to know the game again in your own time at your own pace.