We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How about a reset of all skirmish soldiers with Helm's Deep?

Drastic game changes should give a reset of the skirmish soldiers. The revamped Fate stat is one point where I personally feel that the skirmish soldiers should have been reset - the utility of a helper paid for in-game using marks, designed to suit the character's needs: this utility is likely to change when the game changes.

I'm aware that this can be done via the game store.

A skirmish soldier refund of marks spent on skills has happened several times - but usually if the skirmish system or soldiers themselves have been tweaked.

If the soldiers haven't been touched beyond a few extra levels you can upgrade their skills (as happens with level cap increase) I can't see any reason for a refund/reset. I also do not see how trait tree changes how any of the soldiers would need to change their role.

A warrior is melee dps
    A protector is melee aggro
    A herbalist is a group healer/power restore
    An Archer is ranged DPS
    ...and so on.

As drastic as the trait tree changes may be - I don't see how that really changes the role of soldier you use, a Guardian is still a brick wall, a champion is still swinging away, a hunter is still a pew-pew etc etc.

It is why a lot of players have two soldiers setup, one for solo one for group skirmishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lashmore View Post
    A skirmish soldier refund of marks spent on skills has happened several times - but usually if the skirmish system or soldiers themselves have been tweaked.

If the soldiers haven't been touched beyond a few extra levels you can upgrade their skills (as happens with level cap increase) I can't see any reason for a refund/reset.
    In the example given in opening post I mention Fate that brought a huge in-combat power regeneration boost to my minstrel. The change made me rework it to become a herbie instead of a sage as power was not an issue any more.
    With HD, classes get a fresh rebalance and there's no telling what skirm companion could be usable in the new version of the game, regardless of actual changes to the skirmish soldiers themselves. If the skirmish helpers themselves do stay the same, some of my characters will most likely need to rework their companions.

EDIT Expanded post, I see =) Thanks for in-depth detail! Agreed, the class remains the same. It's only the rotations, skills needed and weaknesses that potentially need buffing in fresh ways.

Cheers for taking the time to read the expansion of comment, I felt I needed to expand on my meanings.

In terms of why I said that I think its more Turbines view rather than mine, from observation of practice over the years - Unless the skirmish soldier system itself has had an overhaul (like they changed the mark requirements etc like in past) we do not get free resets/refunds, hence the store option.