We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What Can Free Players Do When We See Players With Obscene Names?

I was just starting to bring a character through the opener on one of my free accounts. And there were 2 hobbits in Archet with names that described sexual acts. Within a few minutes 3 more appeared at the starting place, each with a name more obscene than the last. These were not a boxer, as they were independently running and jumping around Archet. Must have been a group of immature friends who decided to do this. Ironically, one was wearing both CE Rohan and Helm's Deep cosmetics. Perhaps a kid on a family member's account.

I could do nothing, as free players cannot report obscene names or players who spew obscene things in chat. Unless I am missing something. In these situations, is there any option short of me loading in my lifer account to do a report? (Couldn't do that here, as my slots were full.)

I logged out to play that character later. But this bothers me, as children do play this game and should not have to see such names.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

One route could be to pop a message on Twitter: there's a support feed, I hear. Also f7 will enable you to send ticket. Main site here can be used to file a ticket, with screenshots (and right click on chat tab will capture or log chat). Asking in global chat if someone with subscription can help is also possible.

EDIT I see your join date - fire up a paid or ex-paid account and pop a ticket from there! Once, when I was on f2p account and felt the need to really, relly do something quickly, I managed to report it as gold spammer...I can understand your frustration.
    Last edited by Macroscian; Oct 21 2013 at 03:46 AM.

Free players and Premium players that have not recently bought anything do not have access to in game support to report an Obscene name. YOu have to fire up a web browser. Go here:
    http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...&deptID=24001&
    fill out an email ticket to the game masters.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Is a simple process:
    1. Write /report "name" or use the report website
    2. Explain the fault in the ticket
    3. Press sent
    4. Keep doing whatever you was before notice the offender.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Is a simple process:
    You dragged up a week-old post just to say the same thing Yula had already said? How bored are you!