We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    143 Puppy Lane, Happy Evergreen Village, Draconia Incorporated

I was delighted by the in game stars today

As afore stated, I was delighted by the in game starry skies, I laid my character on it's back, and intently studied the skys for nearly an hour, till the duties of my newly founded Mustelidian Cults called me elsewhere. The immersion that one can indulge in is an entity in itself, I have now melded into this next dimension, I now live in two marvelous worlds, that that the ever-benevolent Mustelids have permitted me admission, and this world of lights and sound effects, I am thoroughly impressed, I was wrong not to let myself fall into the marvelous world that is The Lord of the Rings Online. I thank you, I thank you heartily.

Forays much forays, the foreman stuttered his way through the daily mail, knives projected into the half-headed mongrel cat.
    Get up, go outside, run to your nearest field,and frolic;
    frolic till you find the meaning of life, then sit down and sing cheery songs till dawn.
    I have been sent by the Mustelids, who are inter-dimensional beings leading us.
    I am one of few Mustelidian High Priests. Join our order.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMustelidian View Post
    As afore stated, I was delighted by the in game starry skies, I laid my character on it's back, and intently studied the skys for nearly an hour, till the duties of my newly founded Mustelidian Cults called me elsewhere. The immersion that one can indulge in is an entity in itself, I have now melded into this next dimension, I now live in two marvelous worlds, that that the ever-benevolent Mustelids have permitted me admission, and this world of lights and sound effects, I am thoroughly impressed, I was wrong not to let myself fall into the marvelous world that is The Lord of the Rings Online. I thank you, I thank you heartily.
    My favorite time and place for looking at the stars is in Rohan, just after sunset. Clouds lie along the
    horizon like a silken veil, through which the stars of Elbereth look down on Middle-earth. Perpetual
    kudos to the artist who designed it.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Forays much forays, the foreman stuttered his way through the daily mail, knives projected into the half-headed mongrel cat.
    Mushrooms can be bad, M'kay?

After all these years I still look at the water when I'm at Lake Evendim.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Forochel nights.

'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaarg View Post
    Mushrooms can be bad, M'kay?
    I don't eat mortal food, I gain sustinance from sneezes, rainbows, and of course the food from the Mustelid's plane of existence that they have so graciously allowed me to step into.
    frolic till you find the meaning of life, then sit down and sing cheery songs till dawn.

I approve of this thread. I like your people. Sadly, I run my own kinship. You have a friend in us.

Oh, and to others here: remember to support your local cats. Some of them are wobbly.
    Last edited by Nearfar; Oct 23 2013 at 09:02 PM.

As afore stated, I was delighted by the in game starry skies
    You're sure it's stars and not large but distant fireflies?

Looking up at the moon in the Ettenmoors the 'stars' are infront of the moon!!! Surely can't be stars then.

^ /bugged it just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    My favorite time and place for looking at the stars is in Rohan, just after sunset. Clouds lie along the
    horizon like a silken veil, through which the stars of Elbereth look down on Middle-earth. Perpetual
    kudos to the artist who designed it.
    The quality of star light and some constellation changes as you head south in the game. Just like in our real world, they appear diffferent at different latitudes.
    I still love the stars in the Mirrormere the best for bookish and sentimental reasons but swimming near the Argonath the first time on a clear still moonlit night is my favourite designer induced moment of vertiginous bliss.

[IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.com[/IMG]

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    I still love the stars in the Mirrormere the best for bookish and sentimental reasons

I remember when Moria first came out and players finally made it to the other side some nutcase made a thread complaining that the graphics were messed up and the art crew did not know what they were doing because the Mirrormere had stars in it in the daytime. *sigh*
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I remember when Moria first came out and players finally made it to the other side some nutcase made a thread complaining that the graphics were messed up and the art crew did not know what they were doing because the Mirrormere had stars in it in the daytime. *sigh*
    Some people do not read.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

As afore stated, I was delighted by the in game starry skies...
    All of the night sky boxes in Middle Earth look horribly inaccurate. One should see the Milky Way, a myriad of constellations, and thousands of stars. Instead, the skies above Middle Earth look like those from some urban area with fairly bad light pollution. The developer responsible has obviously never visited a place far from civilization, at night.

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    Sunset at Sûri-kylä. No words needed.

Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    The sky in the Lord of the Rings Online has not ceased to amaze me after years of playing the game. I have spent many days running around looking at the surroundings, especially in Evendim and Forochel, and to some extent in Enedwaith. The beauty has always simply been stunning. :3
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfar View Post
    I approve of this thread. I like your people. Sadly, I run my own kinship. You have a friend in us.

Oh, and to others here: remember to support your local cats. Some of them are wobbly.
    YAHOI, another kindred spirit. Those are sadly scarce among the livers in if this fantastical realm, well, the Cult members and I are somewhat sparse.

I would like you all to know, I have seen some of the same answers in this game sky as in the sky of the Mustelidian plane. There are many bright lights, more and more that I hadn't to noticed before. The little creatures holding their lights are suffering from tired arms, I see that we can take their places and allow them to reset their weary arms. All that one must do is go out on a starry night and shout up to them that you are sent by the Mustelids to rest their fatigued arms till they feel good enough to resume their quite honorable profession.