We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Level up your hero in time for helms deep

Please can someone explain why this is only open to residents of the US and not the entire lotro community. I think it is a very poor show completely excluding the european side.

The following is taken from the terms and conditions on the promotion page.

"ELIGIBILITY. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age and older and are registered players with an active account with Turbine, Inc. for the Lord of the Rings Online game at the time entry is submitted (“Participant”). Employees (and their immediate families, parents, children, spouse or siblings and their respective spouses – regardless of where they reside – and those living in their households, whether or not related) of Turbine, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors, distributors and participating advertising and promotions agencies are not eligible to enter. By participating, Participants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules terms and conditions and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Promotion. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. If Participant is not of legal age of majority in his/her state of residence, Participant shall have obtained his/her parent or legal guardian’s (“Parent”) permission prior to entering and all references to Participant shall be in the name of his/her Parent. If such Participant is chosen as a winner, the prize will be awarded in the Parent’s name. By submitting an entry, each player agrees that they have not or will not receive any compensation or other consideration for their entry. Void where prohibited by law."

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Yeti View Post
    .... I think it is a very poor show completely excluding the european side....
    Germany and France are not exclude.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...62#post6976562

Red face

Thanks Thodorin. I never saw that one thanks for pointing me to it. I guess I will keep levelling then :P

Thanks Thodorin. I never saw that one thanks for pointing me to it. I guess I will keep levelling then :P
    So for you "European" means only Germans and French?

Quote Originally Posted by uw1975 View Post
    So for you "European" means only Germans and French?
    Of course not. It was only a hint that not all europeans are excluded. Because Master_Yeti wrote: "completely excluding the european side".

So for the avoidance of doubt; this offer is not open to UK residents?

Quote Originally Posted by Benho View Post
    So for the avoidance of doubt; this offer is not open to UK residents?
    No it's not open for us Brits
    Because SOA was damn site better than what we have in today's LOTRO.
    (This signature space could be yours on short term leases. Contact me for details and rates!!)

I don't have the link right now, but Sapience said a couple of days ago that it had to do with legal issues in different countries.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I don't have the link right now, but Sapience said a couple of days ago that it had to do with legal issues in different countries.
    Which, I have to say, is rubbish.

I have been holding my tongue thus far but I can do so no longer. The EU is governed by the same rules throughout, Germany and France have the same gaming rules as the UK, set by the EU.

This excuse is no longer holding any water. Turbine, it seems to me, just can't be bothered to research them.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

As far as I can tell no-one has actually said with authority that UK are eliminated from this promotion and if we are, is it just for alts on "EU" servers which are no longer really "EU" servers as they are all now hosted in the US or is it for all EU player alts on all servers. I have 3 alts on Landroval so does that entitle me to an entry with it being a US server?
    The post from Sapience only said that it was not just US. He never actually said it was just France and Germany that were included.

What this needs is clarification from someone at turbine as to who exactly is and is not included in the promotion. As I said in my original post i think that if it is really the case that people are being left out then it is a very poor show. My personal opinion is that it should be all or none.

turbine hates you obviously

As far as I can tell no-one has actually said with authority that UK are eliminated from this promotion and if we are, is it just for alts on "EU" servers which are no longer really "EU" servers as they are all now hosted in the US or is it for all EU player alts on all servers. I have 3 alts on Landroval so does that entitle me to an entry with it being a US server?
    The post from Sapience only said that it was not just US. He never actually said it was just France and Germany that were included.
    This is stated very clearly in the T&C's. Residents of the US, France & Germany only. It can't get more authoritative than that.

(In the case of the French & German rules, these are only visible in the T&C's for their respective language - the English language version only refers to the US)

Please can someone explain why this is only open to residents of the US and not the entire lotro community. I think it is a very poor show completely excluding the european side.

The following is taken from the terms and conditions on the promotion page.

"ELIGIBILITY. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age and older and are registered players with an active account with Turbine, Inc. for the Lord of the Rings Online game at the time entry is submitted (“Participant”). Employees (and their immediate families, parents, children, spouse or siblings and their respective spouses – regardless of where they reside – and those living in their households, whether or not related) of Turbine, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors, distributors and participating advertising and promotions agencies are not eligible to enter. By participating, Participants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules terms and conditions and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Promotion. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. If Participant is not of legal age of majority in his/her state of residence, Participant shall have obtained his/her parent or legal guardian’s (“Parent”) permission prior to entering and all references to Participant shall be in the name of his/her Parent. If such Participant is chosen as a winner, the prize will be awarded in the Parent’s name. By submitting an entry, each player agrees that they have not or will not receive any compensation or other consideration for their entry. Void where prohibited by law."
    Well sir, seems you exclude to. What about asia, oceania, south americans, africans and non us north american nations?
    Lukgua 100 Guard; Lukhun 100 Hunt; Lukcha 100 Champ; Luklor; 100 Lm; Lukmin 100 Mins; Lukbur 100 Burg; Lukcap 100 Capt; Lukward 85 Ward; Lukrune 84 Rk

All I originally wanted to know was exactly why not if we have been excluded. Which, like I said, at this point no-one has answered definitively.

For a global company I think it is a very poor show and unfair that they have excluded such a large chunk of their community.
    I live in the UK but I am guessing the likes of Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, and all the other European countries except for France and Germany are excluded too.
    France and Germany do not make up Europe they are only part of a large amalgamation of countries that make up Europe.
    And I suppose it is not just the EU side either. What about the likes of Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Argentina etc etc etc. The list is long.
    For a global company Turbine should be able to make the promotion available to all. Not just 4 countries which is all i can ascertain from their text. (USA (50 states) and District of Colombia, France and Germany).
    I am not just looking for an answer for us here in the UK but for everyone who Turbine have decided won't get the chance to enter this promotion and win a prize.

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Which, I have to say, is rubbish.

I have been holding my tongue thus far but I can do so no longer. The EU is governed by the same rules throughout, Germany and France have the same gaming rules as the UK, set by the EU.

This excuse is no longer holding any water. Turbine, it seems to me, just can't be bothered to research them.

It is true that the EU has set up some law about that, yet countries can set up their own policies and rules as well. You can find many examples in that. So it could be indeed a problem with laws and policies.

canada is not included??

Take a look at the terms and conditions. Last time I checked Canada was not one of the 50 united states or the district of Colombia and definitely not part of Europe so it would seem they are in the same boat as us.

Quote Originally Posted by Siem View Post
    It is true that the EU has set up some law about that, yet countries can set up their own policies and rules as well. You can find many examples in that. So it could be indeed a problem with laws and policies.
    This is the illusion that the EU likes it's member states to believe.

EU legislation overrules a member state's legislation every time where it applies. It's like how the US has a Federal law that states murder is illegal, if a single state decides to pass a law that states murder is legal it still won't be as the Federal law overrules it.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    This is the illusion that the EU likes it's member states to believe.

EU legislation overrules a member state's legislation every time where it applies. It's like how the US has a Federal law that states murder is illegal, if a single state decides to pass a law that states murder is legal it still won't be as the Federal law overrules it.

Technically for the Federal law, It's more in line with having a base set of laws, wherein the individual states and even counties/towns are free to be more restrictive.