We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning to Lotro. But any benefits for someone who has the games on disc?

Hallo m8s. Ive started to play some lotro again after a looong break. I had the games on disc, does that count for anything? Makes me VIP or something?

Only way you would be VIP while having previously been a subscriber is if you had bought a Lifetime subscription. Right now you would be a PREMIUM player and get the same access as all other premium players on the F2P matrix.

OP - was it just the original or did you buy MoM, which was also released on disc?
    It must be your PC...

I also purchased Mines of Moria

Do anyone know how to activate mines of moria and the 2 extra classes? Can i write cd-key somewhere or??

Quote Originally Posted by EpicStedfar View Post
    I also purchased Mines of Moria
    Ok, if you purchased MoM via Turbine then did you register the purchase on your account? If it was from Codemasters then did you transfer you account over in June/july 2011?
    It must be your PC...

I bought it on PC DVD disc and installed it. Cant remember anything about the account i did it on to be honest

If you can recover your username and password (and it was a US account, EU accounts are effectively locked due to Codemaster choices and EU privacy laws) any existing character should have decent advantages over a character made by a f2p (or even premium) account. If you made a full suite of characters on any server you will be asked to choose to play with no more than 5 of them (2 for f2p, 1 for spending any money at all, and 2 more for Moria). If that isn't enough, you will have to spend some money to unlock more (but 5 should be enough for awhile, you can reclaim them later).

The big benefits to your former characters are 5 bags (f2p get 3, and they fill up fast), fast travel (very, very addictive to former f2p players), and unlocked virtues (grind, grind, grind away. Maybe this isn't an advantage after all). Also you account shouldn't have a gold cap, and maybe a few others. Between the former characters and the Moria purchase, I'd do what it takes to get the username and password.

The disc has no specific benefit. If you bought a used disc it doesn't help, but if you ever had a subscription (even for a month) then all the characters used during that subscription get these benefits.