We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Rohan areas crash A LOT! Everywhere else seems fine.

I'm experience an incredible amount of crashing in Rohan areas, especially inside towns/cities. I'm lucky if the client stays up for more than 2-3 minutes inside of a town. Everywhere else in the game seems pretty stable.

Macbook Pro
    2.3 GHz i7 quad-core
    16GB RAM
    300GB free drive space
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB VRAM

I should also add that any quick travel between towns in Rohan will crash out the game 95% of the time.

Going to Bree after I've done other stuff for 20 minutes or so is a guaranteed crash for me. The quality and quantity of the assets in Bree since it was revamped is similar to Rohan. Galtrev also seems to trigger crashes pretty often.

Unfortunately the only known workaround is to lower your settings, and that just postpones the crash, it doesn't prevent it.

These are all "standard" problems with the Mac Client.

I rarely get more than 45 minutes between crashes, and the 45 minutes is dependent upon where I am and what I'm doing.

Bree is now an extension of Rohan. It was upgraded to use the Rohan Graphics in U11. The improvement has been spectacular, but at the cost of increased memory management issues, i.e. crashing.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    These are all "standard" problems with the Mac Client.

I rarely get more than 45 minutes between crashes, and the 45 minutes is dependent upon where I am and what I'm doing.

Bree is now an extension of Rohan. It was upgraded to use the Rohan Graphics in U11. The improvement has been spectacular, but at the cost of increased memory management issues, i.e. crashing.
    Any idea if they have a hack in the works for the Mac version like they did for the Windows 7/8 version?

I realize that 64-bit recompile is another topic altogether, but I'd sure love to see that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DWalla View Post
    Any idea if they have a hack in the works for the Mac version like they did for the Windows 7/8 version?

I realize that 64-bit recompile is another topic altogether, but I'd sure love to see that happen.
    Hard to say exactly... I've been playing with the Mac Client now in Beta 6 for the HD update, with very little trouble -- in Western Rohan. (I haven't been exploring "the old world."

Mounted control is much improved and I see virtually zero lag beyond what I "normally" see since I was downgraded to a 2meg DSL line!... which is pathetic FOR EVERYTHING!

However at one point, while the B6 update ran, I went off to have some dinner just after it completed -- left it sitting at enter userid and password.
    When I returned I found that the client had crashed, just sitting there.

I've also been experimenting with the Lua situation. I haven't figured out which ones, if any, cause problems. My last multi-hour session had them all turned off.

So, in short, under B6 the Mac Client seems to be much more stable. Did Turbine patch the client as part of B6? I have no idea -- no release notes for B5 or B6 refer to any "client" type changes.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)