We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Fastest Way To Level To 85

Earlier today I saw a thread where someone asked for an auto-level button that levels you to cap instantly. I wanted to post to this, but I can't find it now, hence this thread trying to share my experience about fast levelling. I have recently levelled an alt to 85 in 12 days playing about 2 hrs a day. This is the fastest way to level up that I know does not include any explots or terms violations.

I used an Outriders Token, the HD pre-order shield, about 20 Tomes of Ectraordinary Experience, about 50 Enhanced XP Supplies and the daily blue xp from VIP to do this. This was even before the 100% xp boost event that is happening now, so I imagine this helps speed things up even more. I also used about 100 mithril coins for quick travelling to NPCs where riding would have taken too long with the xp tomes burning.

This method is designed to do the very minimum amount of quests necessary to reach level cap. Fully completing an area is out of the question, we do as little questing as we absolutely have to to be able to move on.

Here is what I did:

Levels 1-6: Intro

Levels 6-27: Farming

Levels 27-32: Northcutton Farm Quests (yes, its 5 levels using those tomes)

Levels 32-40: Go to every settlement/camp in Evendim and pick up all available quests, complete these quests, then pop a tome of EE and turn all the quests in. Active quest limit after pre-order is 50, so use it.

Levels 40-45: Pick up the 2nd wave of quests in Evendim still appropriate for your level and complete them, then go to Angmar and pick up the quests in the Earthkin camp and in Auguire and complete those. Then, go to Forochel and do the available quests in the first 2 settlements. When all done turn them all in using an xp tome.

Levels 45-55: These levels take longest in the whole game. Since I dislike getting lost in Moria this part is designed to avoid questing there almost completely. Go to Eregion and do the Moria epics for your LIs. Then, pick up the first wave of quests in all Eregion settlements and even in Durin's Threshold. After completing all, turn them in popping an XP tome. Now, for the 2nd wave of quests in all Eregion and some epic quests inside Moria until you are lvl55.

Levels 55-60: Do the 1st wave of quests in Lothlórien then the 1st wave of the orc-camp quests as they become available. Use tome, turn them in.

Levels 60-65: Do the 1st wave of quests in all of Enedwaith. Use tome, turn them in.

Levels 65-70: At this point, it's best to actually use the next xp tome before you start questing, as these quests are pretty fast-paced. Following the epics from Enedwaith to Dunland, do the quests in Lham Terran until the 1st instance with the ritual stuff. At this point go do the initial quests in Galtrev, then follow the epics to the place where it requires you to complete 10 quests for the people. Do so. Then, follow the epics until you are 70.

Levels 70-74: Use Xp tome and complete all Thinglad quests in the Great River area. Then, go to Stangard and complete the quests there until you are 74 and you get the invitation to Langhold.

Levels 74-75: Langhold quests for war-steed.

Levels 75-85: Rohan quests. Make sure you find out which region's reputation you need to get the gold rings appropriate for your character and place an emphasis on questing in that region using reputation accelerators from skirm camp to actually reach kindred in time. Also make sure you do enough quests to gather 900 silver tokens of the riddermark (800 for the 2 rings and 100 for 2 LI titles).

Well, this is my way of questing when levelling up an alt. It doesn't require other people's help or skirming in any way. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you know a better way to quest, please share.

Thank you so much for this! I've been looking for a faster way for so long.
    You are awesome!!

WOW!! That's impressive. Now find a way that doesn't involve the LOTRO Store.

Lovely guide, I'm definitely bookmarking this. I too would like to see a fastest leveling guide without the use of the LOTRO store.

A good place to start might be by doing this guide without buying things... Only using XP items that are gotten through gifts, lotteries, and the AH.
    Help me build my LOTRO Performance Reference Guide!
    Link for Mac users

Quote Originally Posted by Coeprandua View Post
    <snip>
    Levels 75-85: Rohan quests. Make sure you find out which region's reputation you need to get the gold rings appropriate for your character and place an emphasis on questing in that region using reputation accelerators from skirm camp to actually reach kindred in time. Also make sure you do enough quests to gather 900 silver tokens of the riddermark (800 for the 2 rings and 100 for 2 LI titles).
    thx! great summary.

since i am just getting to rohan, can anyone point out how to identify which region i need reputation in to get the appropriate gold rings for a hunter? thanks in advance.

bookmarked~!
    thanks for this thread.

(my highest leveled toon is at its 50's after a year. I think one reason why I haven't maxed it yet is because my server has a low lowbie population and I spend too much time exploring than actual questing :P)
    [url]http://eternalno0b9aming.tumblr.com/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by goldensilence View Post
    thx! great summary.

since i am just getting to rohan, can anyone point out how to identify which region i need reputation in to get the appropriate gold rings for a hunter? thanks in advance.
    Norcrofts is Agility is memory serves correct
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian49 View Post
    Norcrofts is Agility is memory serves correct
    thx....as a follow-up...with the double xp going until HD is released and running an xp disabler (so getting normal xp theoretically), will i level too fast to get full rep?

Quote Originally Posted by kittypoo View Post
    bookmarked~!
    thanks for this thread.

(my highest leveled toon is at its 50's after a year. I think one reason why I haven't maxed it yet is because my server has a low lowbie population and I spend too much time exploring than actual questing :P)
    Same here. But, I'm deep into Moria now and might just head this route to finally get one of my many characters to cap.

This is fantastic - I've been playing off-and-on since launch and have yet to actually cap a character. Maybe this is a good time to do so.
    [center][color=#ff3366]Paislea - Minstrel [/color]|[color=#cc33ff] Staesia - Champion [/color]| [color=#66cc00]Thaewyn - Lore-Master[/color][/center]
    [center][color=#ff9933]Not all who wander are lost...[/color][/center]

This is really useful reminder/advice. Thanks.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBadgewick View Post
    WOW!! That's impressive. Now find a way that doesn't involve the LOTRO Store.
    I forgot to say, if you are vip you can also use destiny points to get thos xp supplies for free, although your progress will be slower due to the 5 uses/per week limitation.

If you're spending big bucks in the store, then Mithril Coins are a must. You can travel instantly to quest completion with one coin for most quests.

Awesome job mate il try this out first thing in the morning! Are you going to update this for the 95 cap/HD?

Well, this is my
    I recently been playing with my Minstrel again after a Long absense, still getting used to the new rotations.

I've been kicking around at 77. Norcroft area. What are these Gold rings? and Coins good for? Why do I 'need them? How can I "find out" what area I should be in for them?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Beschutzer View Post
    What are these Gold rings?
    Jewellery that has become irrelevant in light of HD's power creep.
    and Coins good for?
    Silver Tokens of the Riddermark. They barter for any manner of armor, weapons, jewellery, improved crafting recipes, LI scrolls, etc.
    Why do I 'need them?
    Because of what they barter for.
    How can I "find out" what area I should be in for them?
    The token is a universal currency in the RoR expansion. Each major settlement (Harwick, Cliving, Eaworth, Snowbourn) has a set of barterers.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Jewellery that has become irrelevant in light of HD's power creep.
    Silver Tokens of the Riddermark. They barter for any manner of armor, weapons, jewellery, improved crafting recipes, LI scrolls, etc.
    Because of what they barter for.
    The token is a universal currency in the RoR expansion. Each major settlement (Harwick, Cliving, Eaworth, Snowbourn) has a set of barterers.
    ok,.great.,.

I thought it was something "class" specific and important like Epic/legendary Traits or some such.

thanks!

-Welby

Levels 6-27: Farming
    What does the TO mean with this? I don't get it :/
    And did anybody test it to get 5 lvl in Northcutton Farm?
    Really want to try it out, just for fun, but can't believe it

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmbitt View Post
    What does the TO mean with this?
    I assume they meant Farming the profession, as in planting seeds, gathering crops, sorting them into usable goods.

Skirmishes are useful, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmbitt View Post
    What does the TO mean with this? I don't get it :/
    And did anybody test it to get 5 lvl in Northcutton Farm?
    Really want to try it out, just for fun, but can't believe it

Thank you
    Northcotton Farms and Dwaling quests together usually get me 3-4 levels without using XP tomes. You do better if you only play through your daily bonus (I guess that would be a bit like having XP tomes).
    I like ice cream.

nvm, answered my own question...
    Last edited by jimmyOlsen; Jan 01 2014 at 05:28 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100001030d9/signature.png]Doggyarrow[/charsig]

Thumbs down

Sorry if I ask, but how can the people that powerlevel this much think to learn to play a class "decently"?
    That way you don't even get the time to understand fully the skills you obtain and it turns out in just hitting the same keys over and over again, like it is for Epic battles atm.
    I've already seen too many people around showing the highest level and the best gears but with absolutely no knowledge of the BASICS of the class they were playing and I wouldn't like it to become the normality.
    I'm regretting the Tower of Orthanc times, where the toons were not Overpowered (now to have just a bit of challange you need to run an instance without equipment, and even there it is easy), the instances offered some actual challange and the players that wanted to play needed to really know HOW to play.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000009d0b1/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

useful, bookmarking it...now to find a guide to 95 o.o
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

Quote Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
    useful, bookmarking it...now to find a guide to 95 o.o
    That will be more difficult since the quests are handed out in series in the 86-95 range. You can't accumlate a large number of quests before you turn them all in. Lots of "finish quest arc A before you can get quest arc B".

If you managed to fast level to 85, now's the time to settle down and do quests normally. Time to work on class deeds and go back and complete slayer deeds for the virtues you will need.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast