We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Free to play system

Hello I'm new and I need to know how is the free to play system is it far can you get new Arne and weapons etc without paying for it

Hi, THEDOMINATOR, welcome to Middle Earth, I hope you enjoy your time here.

I'm sure others will give you better information than I can but as a basic:

You can play until ~level 30 as a free to play player without too much issue but beyond that you'll need to spend Turbine Points(TP) to buy quest packs at the very least. The good news is that you can earn TP in-game as you play by doing deeds, among other things. It's possible to get all the way to end-game without spending a penny on the game if you're really determined but it will mean a LOT of grinding for TPs on many different alts.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

And how do you get a house an a horse

To buy a house you need to be level 15. You then just go to any of the housing areas and either speak to the Housing NPC that is near the entrance or enter a neighbourhood and look for a house you like and right click the "For Sale" sign outside it.

A mount can be obtained in a couple of ways:

If you're VIP then at level 20 you can complete a quest at Hengstacer Farm, north of Bree to get the Riding Skill trait, then you can purchase a steed from the vendor at the farm or from the in-game store.

If you're free to play or premium then you'll need to purchase the riding skill from the in-game store. After that your mount purchase options are the same as above.

You need to be out of the starter area to do either.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

ok couple more questions can you get new armor for free (no money real money) and is it the same with weapons bacuse i want the guy that starts with a bow and arrow but get a new armor because i dont like his armor design or i get the champion and and get a bow

Yes, you can get new armor and weapons for free and you will get the weapons appropriate to your class. Hunters do get other armor after the tutorial. Champions do get the ability to wield a bow at level 20, initially you cannot wield a bow.

At the low levels, the armour you will get will often not look verry good. You might have to wait until higher levels for good looking armour.
    For my low-level characters i often use the tutorial armour (the armour your character wears from the beginning with only one armour point) as cosmetics as it looks by far better, then most oft the low level gear.