We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Request to disable double XP

    As the title suggests, i would like you, Turbine, to disable the double XP "feature" for my account. I do not wish to gain twice as much xp, it is entirely unwanted and absurd. If anything, this should have been optional from the beginning. It actively keeps me from playing the game at my pace. For the future, it would be a good start to actually think about the consequences of your actions before you introduce ridiculous "features". A double XP month is ridiculous.

  2. #2
    Sorry but that won't happen. Only way you can disable it is buy a xp disabler in the store.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

  3. #3
    Regardless, i would like to get an official statement on the matter. We are talking about weeks of forced xp, not days. I hate this "swallow-or-die" mentality, which is oh-so common recently.

  4. #4
    I posted a thread in the suggestions forum for the exact same thing the other day. The can leave it for those that want it, I just want a way to be able to turn it off as well. As I am sure there are many that would like to. But Eartholloth is right, it isn't going to happen. You are just forced either to live with it or forced to buy the xp disabler if you don't want the extra xp. I love this game and Turbine does a great job with it but sometimes, they don't seem to think things through all the way. A weekend of double xp is okay, 30 full days of it, is not unless you can choose to turn it off without having to pay money in order to do so. Whatever reason for the 30 days of double xp, Turbine could have given those that don't want it a way to turn it off without having to purchase something to do so.


  5. #5
    omg deal with it or go play something else - please quit your incessant whining.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrufus View Post
    omg deal with it or go play something else - please quit your incessant whining.

    We are not whinning, we are voicing our opinion. If everybody just dealt with it, without voicing their opinion ( or whining as you put it ), we would all just be sheep led to slaughter. And this game wouldn't be no where near as good as it is. As a matter of fact, no game would.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrufus View Post
    omg deal with it or go play something else - please quit your incessant whining.
    By all means, go right ahead and open up your own thread where you can tell people what they should do and what they shouldn't. Until then, you are not doing yourself a favour by posting nonsense in a thread that obviously doesn't really concern you. Thank you very much and try to be more considerate in the future.


    @Eartholloth

    I'm not expecting anything, to be honest. However, i can't just let this stand without voicing my opinion.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lur View Post
    Regardless, i would like to get an official statement on the matter. We are talking about weeks of forced xp, not days. I hate this "swallow-or-die" mentality, which is oh-so common recently.
    The official statement would be that they would not do it.

    So you sit & wait for a response. Chances are you won't get one until Monday & if ya do the chance is slim.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    2,469
    Why would Turbine want to disable a sales gimmick?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    Why would Turbine want to disable a sales gimmick?
    Exactly... Furthermore if they did this for one then they would have to do it for anyone else who wanted this disabled. Quite frankly they don't have the extra time that it would take to go into everyone's account & do this. I don't even know if something like this is even possible. Only thing I can see is them giving people the disabler & that's not going to happen.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

  11. #11
    Because it is a pretty poor sales gimmick. I bet more people are like the OP, and simply not playing low level toons right now; than are scrambling to the store to buy disablers. A better sales gimmick would be to put the XP boosters on sale in qty in the store. That is something many people would pay for. Opting out of having XP boosted is not something a lot of people would pay for.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Sorry but that won't happen. Only way you can disable it is buy a xp disabler in the store.
    And that would disable all of his exp so the only choice he has is ...

    1. Suck it up and earn double exp, out leveling his quests and ruining his game.
    2. BUY a disabler (which at even the current 25% is extortionately priced) and earn no exp at all, meaning his character won't progress at all during this month and again ruining his game.
    3. Stop playing for a month.

    Yeah great options there .. NOT
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    And that would disable all of his exp so the only choice he has is ...

    1. Suck it up and earn double exp, out leveling his quests and ruining his game.
    2. BUY a disabler (which at even the current 25% is extortionately priced) and earn no exp at all, meaning his character won't progress at all during this month and again ruining his game.
    3. Stop playing for a month.

    Yeah great options there .. NOT
    The XP Disabler does not work that way.

    It is a pocket item. You equip and unequiped it at will. Equip it, do the adventures you want, remove it, gain a few levels, then put it back.

    This is how Club Eclair works. We are currently capped at Level 20. On Oct. 28, we unequiped it. When characters reach the new level cap of 23, they equip it again as we adventure through the new content.

    This is actually what I do with most of my characters - dsabler XP whilr I take care of missed content, and gain levels when I want to explore new content. (Some I leave fixed at certain levels so that I can adventure with those who wand to do group content near that level.)

    There is no need, with the Disabler, to not advance during the month.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group on Landroval currently capped at Level 45 in eastern Angmar for all Shadows of Angmar end-game content (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiempko View Post
    The XP Disabler does not work that way.

    It is a pocket item. You equip and unequiped it at will. Equip it, do the adventures you want, remove it, gain a few levels, then put it back.

    This is how Club Eclair works. We are currently capped at Level 20. On Oct. 28, we unequiped it. When characters reach the new level cap of 23, they equip it again as we adventure through the new content.

    This is actually what I do with most of my characters - dsabler XP whilr I take care of missed content, and gain levels when I want to explore new content. (Some I leave fixed at certain levels so that I can adventure with those who wand to do group content near that level.)

    There is no need, with the Disabler, to not advance during the month.

    Still sounds like a huge chunk of faffing around and of course cost to me, they should have just made the buff auto-apply at login and be right click cancel able.
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    Still sounds like a huge chunk of faffing around and of course cost to me, they should have just made the buff auto-apply at login and be right click cancel able.
    That's a different issue. I just didn't want people confused about how the dsabler works. Once you own it, you can use it any time you want to stop and clean up missed quests and deeds while they are still adventuresome - all future bonus weekends and any time you see yourself outleveling content you want to enjoy.
    Last edited by Tiempko; Oct 24 2013 at 03:38 PM.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group on Landroval currently capped at Level 45 in eastern Angmar for all Shadows of Angmar end-game content (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lur View Post
    As the title suggests, i would like you, Turbine, to disable the double XP "feature" for my account. I do not wish to gain twice as much xp, it is entirely unwanted and absurd. If anything, this should have been optional from the beginning. It actively keeps me from playing the game at my pace. For the future, it would be a good start to actually think about the consequences of your actions before you introduce ridiculous "features". A double XP month is ridiculous.
    Wish granted!
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...f_the_Tortoise

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoRob View Post
    Originally Posted by Lur
    As the title suggests, i would like you, Turbine, to disable the double XP "feature" for my account. I do not wish to gain twice as much xp, it is entirely unwanted and absurd. If anything, this should have been optional from the beginning. It actively keeps me from playing the game at my pace. For the future, it would be a good start to actually think about the consequences of your actions before you introduce ridiculous "features". A double XP month is ridiculous.
    Wish granted!
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...f_the_Tortoise
    Read again.

    Lur seems to want to get just regular xp, not double, and not 'nothing'.

    Plus: spending money on having a wish granted? Not so logical, in my opinion.
    Farm as if there is no tomorrow, cook as if there is no health inspection!

    When in game, no thoughts of the forums, when on the forums, the game fades. The former is preferable.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lur View Post
    As the title suggests, i would like you, Turbine, to disable the double XP "feature" for my account. I do not wish to gain twice as much xp, it is entirely unwanted and absurd. If anything, this should have been optional from the beginning. It actively keeps me from playing the game at my pace. For the future, it would be a good start to actually think about the consequences of your actions before you introduce ridiculous "features". A double XP month is ridiculous.
    The problems with your suggestions:

    1) I suspect the vast majority of the player base is extremely happy with the double experience points. You are part of a small minority that can be heard over the roar of all the people yelling "Good Job Turbine"

    2) Turbine is not going to give up the revenue from lost sales of the experience disabler.

    My personal opinion - Experience point accelerators are a very popular and inexpensive way to please the majority of the customer base and such Turbine will provide this functionality to us. Since there is a experience point disabler in the Lotro store, that is going to be your only option besides not playing the game.

    Swtor has done game wide experience point bonus. IIRC - Bioware did a 30 day bonus as part of the run up to the launch of their expansion this year. The bonus was extremely popular. I ended up not playing much because there is no experience disabler in Swtor.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sylvan kingdom
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    The problems with your suggestions:

    1) I suspect the vast majority of the player base is extremely happy with the double experience points. You are part of a small minority that can be heard over the roar of all the people yelling "Good Job Turbine"
    Of course experience accelerators are popular. It's a sign of the times. Hurry up and wait. It reminds me of people who accelerate right before they have to brake at a stop sign. So, to each their own. I have no problem with that. I have a problem with something being 'forced' upon me that changes my usual playstyle. There should be a simple opt out of such things like this, including any and all global buffs. Trying to say that people who don't like it can just buy XP disablers... that's just kinda sleazy, imo.

    Think of it like reading a book. There you are, enjoying your book, turning the pages at your own pace, and you are about 3/4 through your book. And I then tell you that for the rest of the book, you'll either have to read twice as fast, or heck, maybe I'll just rip out all those pages execpt for the last one. No worries, you are just wanting to get to the end of the book right? The journey is irrelevant to some folks, and that's fine. Read page 1 and read page 700. Whoo, that was fun. But who am I to judge. As I said, no problem. The problem comes when you want to force ME to read twice as fast as I am comfortable reading or rip the pages out of MY book to force me to the end faster and push me on to the second book in the series.

    Not exactly the same, but I think ye get the idea. It's not cool. And people shouldn't have to pay extra to play normally. Also the choice of DOUBLE or NO experience, is as others have stated, ridiculous.

    For dinner tonight do you want no food, or do you want forced to eat an 8 course meal? Somewhere in between isn't an option. Either no food for you at all, or you have to eat every bite of this huge feast. Not very hungry tonight? Fine. Then just don't play...err, eat... until you are hungry enough to handle that 8 course meal.
    Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn’ Ambar-metta!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaynith View Post
    Of course experience accelerators are popular. It's a sign of the times. Hurry up and wait. It reminds me of people who accelerate right before they have to brake at a stop sign. So, to each their own. I have no problem with that. I have a problem with something being 'forced' upon me that changes my usual playstyle. There should be a simple opt out of such things like this, including any and all global buffs. Trying to say that people who don't like it can just buy XP disablers... that's just kinda sleazy, imo.
    I understand your desire to play the game at your own pace. I really like this gimmick. It gives me and my kin a great opportunity to level up some alts before the expansion in November, and helps me to avoid playing areas I did not enjoy playing in the second time, let alone the seventh. I thought of some things you, and people in your situation, might want to spend this time doing, because you probably aren't going to get a way to disable this bonus.

    1) Work on your character's class deeds. It will be fairly important to complete legendary and class deeds before the expansion for trait tree points, and while you aren't doing quests you won't be leveling as much.
    2) Roll a new character. This will give you a chance to try a new character out and not mess up the place you are on the current character that you don't want to progress quickly.
    3) Work on finishing the lower level area's deeds, and meanwhile grind out Turbine Points to spend as you wish.
    4) Play as you normally would, and when you out-level the area you are in just keep playing in that area. Nobody is forcing you to play the areas at your level. LotRO is not a difficult game, so making it a little easier is really not a big deal.
    5) Just don't play for a month. I'm sure you have other entertainment available to you that can keep you busy for a month. Read the books, watch the movies, do a puzzle, enjoy the outdoors, even play a different game. Just have fun.

    I am a firm believer that happiness is a choice. There is a time for complaining, but I think this point of view is an uphill battle that cannot be won. You can choose to make the best of the situation.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Belgium / Russia
    Posts
    1,149
    Only yesterday I realised that the buff is here for the whole month and not just for the weekend. For me it is a very unwelcome buff, but I see people around started leveling their forgotten alts... Good, maybe we will have a bit more high-level toons on my server.

    As for me, I stopped playing the new alt I rolled a couple of weeks ago. Have to wait now till the buff is gone. I have no intention to buy one more XP disabler only because there is a buff I did not ask for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufkin View Post
    4) Play as you normally would, and when you out-level the area you are in just keep playing in that area. Nobody is forcing you to play the areas at your level. LotRO is not a difficult game, so making it a little easier is really not a big deal.
    Unfortunately, this suggestion is not working for me. Normally I would do the class deeds on the way, and those can't be completed on the grey mobs. Normally I would complete the quest deeds in every area as I level. Normally I would attempt the harder quests (I have a personal list of those and it starts at lvl10) with every new class/toon I play (the class can repeat, but then I select different set of gear, different questing path etc) just to check the capabilities of this alt - no sense in doing that on grey mobs. Extra XP spoils all my plans. Though I like your 5th suggestion a lot
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Kadarka - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaynith View Post
    Of course experience accelerators are popular. It's a sign of the times. Hurry up and wait. It reminds me of people who accelerate right before they have to brake at a stop sign. So, to each their own. I have no problem with that. I have a problem with something being 'forced' upon me that changes my usual playstyle. There should be a simple opt out of such things like this, including any and all global buffs. Trying to say that people who don't like it can just buy XP disablers... that's just kinda sleazy, imo.

    Think of it like reading a book. There you are, enjoying your book, turning the pages at your own pace, and you are about 3/4 through your book. And I then tell you that for the rest of the book, you'll either have to read twice as fast, or heck, maybe I'll just rip out all those pages execpt for the last one. No worries, you are just wanting to get to the end of the book right? The journey is irrelevant to some folks, and that's fine. Read page 1 and read page 700. Whoo, that was fun. But who am I to judge. As I said, no problem. The problem comes when you want to force ME to read twice as fast as I am comfortable reading or rip the pages out of MY book to force me to the end faster and push me on to the second book in the series.

    Not exactly the same, but I think ye get the idea. It's not cool. And people shouldn't have to pay extra to play normally. Also the choice of DOUBLE or NO experience, is as others have stated, ridiculous.

    For dinner tonight do you want no food, or do you want forced to eat an 8 course meal? Somewhere in between isn't an option. Either no food for you at all, or you have to eat every bite of this huge feast. Not very hungry tonight? Fine. Then just don't play...err, eat... until you are hungry enough to handle that 8 course meal.
    Your right none of theses are the same as the current situation, in fact they are not even close to the same, Forced to read real fast or eat none stop is not the same as getting double the exp in a video game. You can still control how much exp you want in the end.

    Anyways, I think the buff is a serverwide buff, like the bounders bounty buff.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    190
    I am among those that are annoyed by this forced double-experience month. So, I've seen the signs coming, but is this game really bound to cater to the needs of people that only value how high is the number under their character portraits? Way to go, Turbine.
    [IMG]http://lux-hdro.de/mp-generator.php/kandalf3.png[/IMG]

    Borgrimm, Lvl 85 Guardian
    Baugleif, Lvl 82 RK(gimme back my 100% xp)

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,463
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBor View Post
    I am among those that are annoyed by this forced double-experience month. So, I've seen the signs coming, but is this game really bound to cater to the needs of people that only value how high is the number under their character portraits? Way to go, Turbine.
    I like it, even though I don't care that much about the time it takes to gain a level. These boosts enhance my play. I would not object to an off switch ... but I wonder whether implementing individual toggles are worth the hassle to make for time limited world properties.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  25. #25
    I have recently returned to this game after more than a year hiatus and started a new character on a new server to try to immerse myself in the game again. I even talked a friend who left the game several years ago into joining me in-game once again. We were having fun in Middle Earth again until the double xp began and we began to rapidly outlevel all of the starting areas. Until/unless the xp disablers are put on sale again, I will not purchase more than one, if one. So for the next month, I am going to make alts to play the festival events to gather bounders tokens for horses rather than leveling my new main when I do play this game instead of another. When the festival is over I will head to another game. *Sigh* I do not know if my friend will be willing to return to LoTRO again.
    "After much consideration the mystery meat inside the cafeteria burritos shall remain a mystery. Trust us, it's better that way."

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload