We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Recovering old character

Hello.

I have't played LotRO for a while and i cant remember where my old character was, is there any easy way to find it??

Quote Originally Posted by Techran View Post
    Hello.

I have't played LotRO for a while and i cant remember where my old character was, is there any easy way to find it??
    The easiest way is if there's a lotery running, as it shows which characters are eligible on each server. Unfortunately, there's not one running right now.

Your characters were NOT deleted, so don't worry about that point - you just have to find them. (Unless you were on European (Codemaster) servers and didn't do the migration back around June 2011.) Are you in the Americas/Canada or in Europe? If you are in the former, then you can go down the server list and log in to each one. It'll be time consuming but you'll eventually find them.

Good luck!
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield in [i]The Hobbit, or There and Back Again[/i] by J.R.R. Tolkien

I've noticed on the server list that the names of the worlds I have characters on are in bold type compared to the ones I don't. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with how long it's been since you logged in though (i.e. it's been long enough since you logged in on your character that the world would not appear bold compared to the others).

Quote Originally Posted by the_antisocial_hermit View Post
    I've noticed on the server list that the names of the worlds I have characters on are in bold type compared to the ones I don't. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with how long it's been since you logged in though (i.e. it's been long enough since you logged in on your character that the world would not appear bold compared to the others).
    Those server names are in bold because they are the ones you've logged into. The client keeps a list of the servers you've logged into last (don't know if there's a limit to how many it keeps track of). So if you log into a new server without any characters and exit without creating one, that server's name will be bold when you go to log in again.

Ahhh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hey i quit for a few months and i am re-installing the game right now. I noticed that the forums have changed. There use to be an option to look at your characters on this website so I was wondering if that feature is gone, or if there is a new way to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Creatura View Post
    Hey i quit for a few months and i am re-installing the game right now. I noticed that the forums have changed. There use to be an option to look at your characters on this website so I was wondering if that feature is gone, or if there is a new way to do it?

that feature is gone extinct as the dodo bird is. Turbine said they did not have the resources to keep it running.

Quote Originally Posted by Techran View Post
    Hello.
    Maybe with the old database of Alt Finder